Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

And I told the same thing to people that PMed me...it was just a prank and I get no pleasure out of tricking people.  It wasn't even April Fools Day, which I also dislike.

I'm a cynical bitter old crank most of the time, but believe me, if even a fraction of this is true, and people really are hearing new songs or snippets, I'll shit my pants like a kid that just got Castle Greyskull for Christmas.

10 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The band's management and/or other actors may pursue this leak vigorously. It's not worth shutting the forum down over some leaks any diligent person should be able to find.

yeah, that's a good point

8 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

Look up what happened to Skewll.

hey, sorry but I have no idea who that is or where to find out what happened.  but I'm guessing a whole bunch of trouble. 

This is just so fucking weird.

No....AXL ROSE is so fucking weird.

When we finally got CD, the vocals were identical to every single leak we ever had.  You listen to them isolated in the rock band files and it's clear that there's only that ONE set of vocals he ever laid down for those songs.

So all these years....decades almost, I'd convinced myself that the guy just had writer's block or stage fright or something and simply had nothing to record.  I figured that was it.  We're never gonna hear new Axl vocals again.

Then shit like this happens.

And it just boggles my mind....he's had these songs recorded, more or less finished, for about 20 years now.  WHY...why in the FUCK....did he never release them in any way, shape, or form??

Makes no sense whatsoever.  But I guess that's been true of Axl since the early 80s.

• Like 3

Just now, default_ said:

Is Axl on the mix at the rehearsal? I got it on my phone and have no earphones right now, not sure if hes there or just the backing vocals lol

He’s there just very low in the mix

7 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

This is just so fucking weird.

No....AXL ROSE is so fucking weird.

When we finally got CD, the vocals were identical to every single leak we ever had.  You listen to them isolated in the rock band files and it's clear that there's only that ONE set of vocals he ever laid down for those songs.

So all these years....decades almost, I'd convinced myself that the guy just had writer's block or stage fright or something and simply had nothing to record.  I figured that was it.  We're never gonna hear new Axl vocals again.

Then shit like this happens.

And it just boggles my mind....he's had these songs recorded, more or less finished, for about 20 years now.  WHY...why in the FUCK....did he never release them in any way, shape, or form??

Makes no sense whatsoever.  But I guess that's been true of Axl since the early 80s.

It's not (only) up to Axl to release the music. It's on the label.

Long time lurker.

So, does anyone have any info. on songs like "Strip Club/Just Another Sunday(?)", and "Oklahoma" that were floating around on Napster in the late 90's/ early 2000's?  Because I've heard those songs.  I was skeptical of the veracity of them, but Axl was definitely on "Oklahoma".

"Oklahoma" was a dirty mid-tempo rocker.  Definitely in demo form (think the Piazza IRS leak).  There were also some computer effects (which needed more work) and Axl maniacally cackling in one section of the song.  Have people heard this?

Also, thanks to the guy who released the HoB video.  Am really enjoying that.