State of Grace [10 second leak] **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 hour ago, default_ said:

Vocals are place holder but isnt there a rumour SoG became The General? If so, it matches how some described it. 

I think the rumor is that Prom Violence became The General, not State of Grace. Personally tho I don’t believe that rumor cause when Brain was asked about how he came up with that song it sounded like he had the final title in mind right away.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I don't care what "trustworthy source" this supposedly came from.... This sounds fake as hell to me. 

Just sounds like a lot of chopped together syllables from Axl's IRS vocals to me. 

Ah shit yeah I didn’t think of it but it could just be chopped together from vocal stems. :(

1 hour ago, default_ said:

Thing is, the only truly legit and unaltered song we got until now is Hardschool, Atlas is doctored as fuck, the leaker supposedly altered it so it wont lose trade value. 

'Trade value' - just hearing that term makes me shudder. I'd like to see that notion smashed to pieces by an official release that renders the notion of 'value' to an internet cabal that seem to glean an identity from this stuff obsolete. 

It's all just the "I've got something you don't" bragging that should have been left in the school playground and makes me embarrassed to be a GNR fan. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I literally could not make out a single word there. Not one.

No but really, it's a nightmare :lol: 

Wtf is this?

I think it's something like "when do you think you're gonna tell me" "I want you think I could handle it". As for the rest I have no idea wtf he's singing.

Edit: could be fake vocals on there as Russ said. It's really fishy.

Edited by D..

LOVE IT.  All I can make out is the first line, "When do you think you would tell me."  Love the melody, love the anger, love the rasp, love the speed.  Granted, it's only 13 seconds of almost gibberish, but from this it's probably one of the very few songs from nu-gnr that actually sounds like the old band could have wrote.  Really looking forward to hearing more.

I remember hearing Jungle and Brownstone and Paradise for the first time ever when I was a kid.  Listening to those songs for the first time put a smile on my face...actually, almost like uncontrollable laughter.  The reason is because it was so good and I couldn't believe something like that existed.  It was unlike anything I had heard before.  My point is, that first line of "When do you think you would tell me" is the first nu-gnr song that has actually made me smile like that.  Maybe the only other song that was close is Better.

Edited by dogman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

the rythm and the guitars are interesting , but the vocals does seems pasted and arranged from I.R.S. ... same melody with the words backwards maybe .

That's what I was thinking. Definitely copied and pasted from IRS, more than likely backwards as well.

Sorry, but I can't get excited over this one. Just seems fake to me. 

• Like 1

It’s definitely fake. It’s sad that GNR has come to this, where fans are making fake clips to screw with each other since we never get new music and the fan base can be easily taken advantage of (nothing new, I know).

Either that or Axl is doing his best impression of Vince Neil. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Lol wtf is this? It sounds like one of those fakes that gets passed around YT. If I was a trader/buyer and someone sent me this clip, I'd be like "are you taking the piss?"Hopefully the full track kicks ass.

Exactly this. I wouldn't give a single penny to hear the song if that were sent to me, real or fake.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It’s definitely fake. It’s sad that GNR has come to this, where fans are making fake clips to screw with each other since we never get new music and the fan base can be easily taken advantage of (nothing new, I know).

Either that or Axl is doing his best impression of Vince Neil. 

"It's Sad It's Come To This" is yet another great title for a book about GNR lol. 

Having said that, I'm glad at least someone else agrees with me. As always, I'd love to be wrong but I just think this is fake with the intention of what you said: just plain to fool people. 

• GNFNR 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Flayer said:

When do you think you can tell me

How you think I can aah waah naahh na ya yah

All that I know is that fuck you Slash I waaahh naaahh

Na na na na waah na na yaah naah

I've listened to this many times now and I think I've nailed it. Please feel free to add any corrections.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Doesn't sound fake to me. He's definitely saying "when did you think you would tell me?" or something similar at the first part. 

Just remember that evader was able to create an entire chorus for Silkworms using syllables Axl sang on the Chinese mutli tracks. 

I'm not saying evader had anything to do with this clip, I'm just saying that it's very doable and has been done. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Just remember that evader was able to create an entire chorus for Silkworms using syllables Axl sang on the Chinese mutli tracks. 

I'm not saying evader had anything to do with this clip, I'm just saying that it's very doable and has been done. 

Yeah he also recreated all of the vocals from the leaked cellphone clip of The General using just the ChiDem rock band vocal stems iirc. So shit like this can definitely be deep-faked nowadays.

• Like 3