TMZ Runs Story About Leaks, GN'R Management Publicly Responds

3 minutes ago, ManetsBR said:

Don't lose yourself. Tom Zutaut rightfully had the tracks; he was the producer.

Any other artist's producer losing their boss' work to the point of it leaking online would be absurd. Somehow GNR managed to convince us the problem was actually on the people who found it. 

The whole thing is insane. Zutaut left the music in some storage located in Virginia for I don't know how long. The bills of the starage were not paid. So everything went up in an auction. How come Axl, TB and maybe previous managers didn't do anything about before?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ManetsBR said:

Don't lose yourself. Tom Zutaut rightfully had the tracks; he was the producer.

He wasn't the producer; Roy Thomas Baker was the producer at that time. Tom Zutaut was like an outside executive/coordinator or something like that.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

He didn't have the rights on it, obviously. The label and Axl did.

They didn't give a shit about it until now. That's the point! How come they didn't know that Zutaut sent 20cds of music to some storage locker in Virginia? 

17 minutes ago, ManetsBR said:

I'm not saying he had the rights to the songs. When I say he got them rightfully I mean he didn't get it the "wrong" way. 

People who work with artists have access to material all of the time. That’s how they do their job. In this case, he rightfully had session mixes he was listening to give feedback

He obviously kept kept them and unless he was told to return them, they are his. He just can’t distribute them.

Thing is this. If you work in the industry, you don’t let that stuff get out. You won’t find work again and it’s a good way to burn bridges.

So either Zutant is done working in that field, so he doesn’t care about that issue, the relationships are so frayed that it doesn’t matter to him where that stuff ends up, and/or he just plain forgot to pay his bills and had an expired card/old phone number/email attached to the locker 

Edited by guitarpatch

4 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Not a terribly good look for the band.  They should be suing Tom Zutaut, not a diehard fan.

Might wanna counter this with some positive news. ::AHEM::

Agree, i think that Zutaut is the responsible principal about it, poor Rick, he is the most weak link :max:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lio said:

So Rick getting 15k was the truth and Zutaut auctioned the stuff off himself?

How come they quote a rep in the beginning and at the end they say reps don't wish to comment?

I noted it too, it article is a bit contradictory.

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It just seems so odd that TMZ is running this now. 

There's literally no new information in the main article. The "response" from management isn't even anything new. That's not a shot at TB, but its just nothing new is all. 

It's just very, very odd to me that TMZ would choose to run this months and months after it seemed to be over. 

Slow news day perhaps? 

My guess is that UMG has begun to seriously pursue the case against Rick and, potentially, Tom.  In response, Rick probably ran to TMZ and gave them his C&D letter as background info to fight the case in the spotlight.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 2

Just now, RussTCB said:

Who would start promoting an album by making big news out of suing a "superfan"? 

Oh, that's right, this is GN'R we're talking about lol

I would like to think TB would outsource promotions and marketing for a new album to UMG's communications department, lol.

But yeah, as you say, there is no way in hell that this is the beginning of the promotions for a new album. 

• Like 1

It's weird that TMZ didn't change the headline once they received an official response from GNR's camp. The article really doesn't mention that GNR are suing Dunsford, really. GNR's response seems to place the blame squarely with Zutaut.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1

Tom Zutaut attended one of the festival shows last autumn. I wonder what went down there and if he talked with anyone.

It's also worth reminding that Zutaut has said that his ousting from the project back then was due to a setup by people around Axl who didn't want him there (implying Beta probably). So TB and Zutaut don't like each other, to put it mildly.

32 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Tom Zutaut attended one of the festival shows last autumn. I wonder what went down there and if he talked with anyone.

It's also worth reminding that Zutaut has said that his ousting from the project back then was due to a setup by people around Axl who didn't want him there (implying Beta probably). So TB and Zutaut don't like each other, to put it mildly.

TB's MO not axls 

is to cut everyone out from his pre 91 life 

meegan is a threat 

erin is a threat

slash is a threat 

izzy and canter are a big threat 

zutaut is a threat 

niven is an inconvenient reminding threat 

goldstein is a loser 

adler is not a threat hes a nippy dog 

even duff is a threat if he didn't share the same 100% greed trait with them 

stephanie is a question mark ? they must think well its how we met him and axl loves her like an enigma so maybe shes in some other weird category

TB want to take credit for axl's success as in him being gigantically successful b/c of their involvement in his life post 91 and all they have to show for it is some bichy little argument about some stolen bunk CD's from a stupid highschool changing room locker 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

TB's MO not axls 

is to cut everyone out from his pre 91 life 

meegan is a threat 

erin is a threat

slash is a threat 

izzy and canter are a big threat 

zutaut is a threat 

niven is an inconvenient reminding threat 

goldstein is a loser 

adler is not a threat hes a nippy dog 

even duff is a threat if he didn't share the same 100% greed trait with them 

stephanie is a question mark ? they must think well its how we met him and axl loves her like an enigma so maybe shes in some other weird category

TB want to take credit for axl's success as in him being gigantically successful b/c of their involvement in his life post 91 and all they have to show for it is some bichy little argument about some stolen bunk CD's from a stupid highschool changing room locker 

Absolutely no proof of any of that, only your assumptions. 

If you read the article the main entity involved is an individual and UMG. 

No mention of the bands current management being involved. 

The article states a band representative  as making a comment on the situation.

That could be anyone including a UMG rep to a legal representative who are separate from the bands management team. 

Did you ever stop to think that the bands management team are not commenting because, this issue is being handled by others or UMG as they are the ones taking legal action against the individual. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • GNFNR 1