Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Anybody who's anybody knows CC DeVille is a garbage Van Halen wannabe. Slash is obviously the better player. They (Poison) went with the player who was older and fit the image of the band better. Slash was what, 18 when he auditioned? Without Slash in Guns, there goes the iconic opening and main riffs of Jungle, Sweet Child opening and solos, Civil War, Coma, etc... SoulMonster's list of sheer writing credits in the other thread certainly backs that up by numbers.

Him not making the Poison cut is more of a compliment to Slash. Ever listen to one of CC's live solos? Yikes. Poor man's Eruption that most ten year olds could top.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Anybody who's anybody knows CC DeVille is a garbage Van Halen wannabe. Slash is obviously the better player. They (Poison) went with the player who was older and fit the image of the band better. Slash was what, 18 when he auditioned? Without Slash in Guns, there goes the iconic opening and main riffs of Jungle, Sweet Child opening and solos, Civil War, Coma, etc... SoulMonster's list of sheer writing credits in the other thread certainly backs that up by numbers.

Him not making the Poison cut is more of a compliment to Slash. Ever listen to one of CC's live solos? Yikes. Poor man's Eruption that most ten year olds could top.

C.C. Deville doesn't have any musical talent. None whatsoever. In those days Slash probably wanted to make it and then carve his own way. But he's one of the best hard rock players that ever lived. Just shows how shitty Poison really is. They didn't care that he was a great guitar player. Image came first. Guns without Slash would have been a very different band. Crucial to the sound and he's the only one who can bring it.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, P1g Vomit said:

Why would Slash get any credit? NR was around as early as 1983 before Slash was ever in the band, in fact at that time while AXL was penning Dont cry and NR, Slash was losing lead guitar auditions to CC Deville for Poison. Same goes for Estranged, all Axl.

And Buckethead>Slash anybody whos anybody knows that.

Listen up you goof, it was Axl's band. There was a Guns n Roses before Slash was let in. That version of GNR with Axl, Izzy, Duff, and Tracii would have blown up too because they already had songs like Dont cry and NR in their back pocket. Slash on the other hand wasnt even good enough for poison. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt though, maybe eventually he would have made it on to WINGER or some band like that.

I'm not even going to bother arguing with you, anybody with a brain can see just how hilarious what you said is. You're pathetic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:
29 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

I'm not even going to bother arguing with you, anybody with a brain can see just how hilarious what you said is. You're pathetic.

Lol

Im going to like this guys post because it made me laugh. What a silly clown! :D

Come on guys. Pathetic shitposting clown? don't know about all that but it was pretty retarded in my lolhumble opinion.

Edited by Rovim

14 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Come on guys. Pathetic shitposting clown? don't know about all that but it was pretty retarded in my lolhumble opinion.

He said that Slash wasn't good enough for poison and that GNR was all Axl, surely thats hilariously pathetic?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

He said that Slash wasn't good enough for poison and that GNR was all Axl, surely thats hilariously pathetic?

Bordering on actual retardation, but just because someone is dumb doesn't mean it's ok to call them a pathetic shit eating clown. Be kind. :heart:

Edited by Rovim

10 hours ago, P1g Vomit said:

Not really, Slash was being turned down by bands like Poison before Axl was kind enough to let him in his band.

Axl was always GNR, everyone else was just window dressing.

Slash didn't even want to be in Poison. He was turned down because he refused to "look the part" and wear spandex and teased hair. Please don't tell me you think Poison chose C.C. Deville over Slash because he was a better guitarist. GN'R was also screwed at that point. The band needed a rock and roll guitarist and Tracii wouldn't last, and the rest were glam. Axl was not "kind enough". He needed Slash.

• Like 1

I am not really into social media. However, from what I have seen I think Duff probably has the best social media presence at this point.

Izzy- kind of hilarious (whether it stays this way or not is unknown)

Slash- off the wall with flashes of awesomeness

Axl- random

bonus:

Pitman- flashes of idiocy to show the world why not everyone should be on public social media

Edited by sanity_lost
  • Like 2

So, we got the April shows and then what? I'm starting to wonder will there be anything in May? It's two months away now and nothing's being announced. Isn't it high time if the tour was to continue? GNR operates in a strange way...

• Like 3