Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

7 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

@Lumikki help me with what Trunk has posted. I don't understand? Meaning they are not allowed to be interviewed by press?

I guess before this happens Anyone tht related with the Band are not allowed to do press tht reveal any surprise tht will come on the shows. Gag order maybe

Edited by SerenityScorp

1 minute ago, SerenityScorp said:

I guess before this happens Members in the Band are not allowed to do interview tht reveal this surprise or any surprise tht will come on the next shows. Gag order maybe

So if it wasn't Axl who imposed the gag order onto them who made the blanket policy of no press interview? Sorry I'm as slow as a turtle here.

25 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Many here already suspected it, but here is confirmation I guess.

Can we please stop with the "No one's talking because they're afraid of upsetting Axl / Axl forbid them to speak" bullshit now? :rolleyes::facepalm:

And also :facepalm: at Trunk for still continuing this "I know something you don't" crap. Christ. I already wish someone else would get the first real interview, just because he's so annoying.

I think it's pretty clear that Axl has forbidden them to speak, it's HIS band, so who else is going to force a blanket policy of no press on them?

18 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

@Lumikki help me with what Trunk has posted. I don't understand? Meaning they are not allowed to be interviewed by press?

To me it sounds like they have collectively (meaning the band as a whole, not just Axl) decided not to do any press for now.

Probably because the media was to a large part responsible for all the drama between them in the past. They probably didn't want to risk things getting twisted and distorted again when everything was still new and a bit uncertain.

They also probably didn't want to deal with difficult questions like "How did Axl and Slash finally get over themselves and made up again?" or "Why is Izzy not involved?"

@Philipm787 Of course theoretically it's still possible Axl forbid them, but it doesn't really sound like that and I don't think Slash and Duff would be so whipped by Axl as to go along with that if they were really against it. Duff and Slash aren't pussies and also no helpless drunks/junkies anymore, who'll go along with everything Axl says. If they really didn't like something, they wouldn't do it. And Axl seems to be a much mellower and more reasonable guy nowadays as well.

So therefore I think it was either a collective decision by all of them, or it was Axl's idea but Slash and Duff weren't against it.

• Like 3

I think they want the music to do the talking for now. No extra bullshit. I think it is smart.

I guess they can obviously do interviews (Duff was on Steve Jones' podcast, Axl did the China Exchange -thing, Slash was on that radio show that Joey Kramer guest-hosted), but the topic of Guns-reunion is a no-no.

• Like 3

I don't buy that whole Axl forced them to keep their mouths shut shtick either.

One thing that was obvious from the China Exchange thing was that Axl resents his reputation as a dictator and doesn't feel he deserves it. And the concerts so far have shown that Slash and Duff do have a say. Didn't they mostly decide on the setlist or something? And I remember Axl asking them what song they wanted to do next etc. Bringing Steven in was probably not Axl's idea either and yet he obliged and handled it with grace.

I really don't think Axl is the tyrant he is made out to be by some here and the decision not to do press was most likely not just his alone.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think it's sensible, whilst the reunion is only just getting going, to not do any press. They just don't want anything to mess things up at this point. Interviewers will only want to drag up old hostilities anyway. 

Slash, how did you feel when Axl called you a cancer? :lol:

they could filter the questions though and make sure nothing that would create any divide gets brought up

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Many here already suspected it, but here is confirmation I guess.

Can we please stop with the "No one's talking because they're afraid of upsetting Axl / Axl forbid them to speak" bullshit now? :rolleyes::facepalm:

And also :facepalm: at Trunk for still continuing this "I know something you don't" crap. Christ. I already wish someone else would get the first real interview, just because he's so annoying.

LOL thats him replying me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

LOL thats him replying me

Lol then thanks for asking the question dude :lol: You finally gave us proof that they really do have a no media policy in place (for now).

Edited by Frey

Have you noticed how they are only talking to other musicians? Or answering fans questions (Axl)?

They have decided just not to talk to journalists but I'm sure once the North American leg of the tour is over, they will give a story to Rolling Stone or some other major publication.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Have you noticed how they are only talking to other musicians? Or answering fans questions (Axl)?

They have decided just not to talk to journalists but I'm sure once the North American leg of the tour is over, they will give a story to Rolling Stone or some other major publication.

It will be basically like how they are enjoying the show and getting along with everyone, even if Slash and Duff won't talk to Dizzy, now at this moment they won't go like Dizzy is a tool or good for nothing. 

Nor we will get a full interview regarding the status of Izzy. So it will be like how much fun they are having and other diplomatic things. But I don't blame them, they don't want negativity between themselves, but they should tell something about Izzy. 

Now as Steven is back, Im sure they would have asked Izzy too, but I assume things din't work out cause of money. 

10 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

It will be basically like how they are enjoying the show and getting along with everyone, even if Slash and Duff won't talk to Dizzy, now at this moment they won't go like Dizzy is a tool or good for nothing. 

Nor we will get a full interview regarding the status of Izzy. So it will be like how much fun they are having and other diplomatic things. But I don't blame them, they don't want negativity between themselves, but they should tell something about Izzy. 

Now as Steven is back, Im sure they would have asked Izzy too, but I assume things din't work out cause of money. 

I don't think Rolling Stone would half-ass it.

56 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Slash and Duff don't think Dizzy is a tool. Sorry to disappoint you 

11 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

I'm even more convinced now that when slash said in that famous interview that he was on good terms with axl, it was all planned...

Yeah it seems things were being worked upon since the past 2 or 3 years. As we know Duff was the peace breaker. 

• Like 1

What's interesting is that there were actually rumours around the 2014 Vegas shows that Axl was starting to think about the reunion. It seems now that there was actually truth to that. Nobody believed it at the time. We all thought the band was done. :lol:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, James Bond said:

What's interesting is that there were actually rumours around the 2014 Vegas shows that Axl was starting to think about the reunion. It seems now that there was actually truth to that. Nobody believed it at the time. We all thought the band was done. :lol:

I just wanna know when that damn phone call happened, instead those morons at china exchange asked Axl questions if he could envision being in a jazz band:facepalm:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Maybe McKagan is trying for a reunion gradually, staggering his persuasion tactics with Axl pertaining to each individual member. In a few weeks McKagan will raise 'Izzy' in a conversation.

I imagine that's how he's done it since day one. First get Axl and Slash in a room to sort out their shit, then bring up Slash as a replacement for Ashba/Bumble, then a talk about Adler.. so on and so forth. However I think with Izzy he needs to be speaking to him, not Axl. Izzy's been on stage with NuGuns how many times over the years? Axl doesn't seem to have an issue with him, but rather the other way around I guess.

• Like 1