Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

I don't like the guy that plays Kylo Ren.

Adam Driver is dope
Not at all.
You haven't even seen it yet. :huh:

He was one of the highlights for sure, even with his mask off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi5jjXTPtyY

I didn't say he was any better :lol:

I didn't care for Driver in Inside Llewyn Davis or While We're Young. And while looks shouldn't matter, I also thought he just looks out of place compared to the other new faces.

Probably won't see the movie til next week, maybe, so I'll hold off on my judgement of him in this movie until then. Just saying I haven't cared for him so far in what I've seen of him.

Question for those who have already seen it and read all of the spoilers beforehand.

How much do the spoilers ruin the enjoyment level of the film? Like when you see a very important moment happen, does the fact that you knew about it beforehand ruin the emotional effect its supposed to have on you a bit? Will someone who's seen the spoilers and liked them still like the movie and feel the energy no matter what?

Adam Driver is dope
Not at all.

I didn't care for Driver in Inside Llewyn Davis or While We're Young. And while looks shouldn't matter, I also thought he just looks out of place compared to the other new faces.

Probably won't see the movie til next week, maybe, so I'll hold off on my judgement of him in this movie until then. Just saying I haven't cared for him so far in what I've seen of him.

He is very good in 'Girls'

Adam Driver is dope
Not at all.

I thought he was perfect in those films, but I did find him an uncomfortable fit here. No matter what he's in, he comes off too douchey hipster to take seriously (although this is possibly the first thing he's done where that's not what he's supposed to be playing). Much as I love him, I found Oscar Isaac a bit distracting too.

Question for those who have already seen it and read all of the spoilers beforehand.

How much do the spoilers ruin the enjoyment level of the film? Like when you see a very important moment happen, does the fact that you knew about it beforehand ruin the emotional effect its supposed to have on you a bit? Will someone who's seen the spoilers and liked them still like the movie and feel the energy no matter what?

actual spoilers have only been around for about 24hrs, there's been plenty of speculation before that but they weren't actual plot details.

it's simple really- read the spoilers or don't. if you read them you'll probably still enjoy the movie, but the surprises will be ruined. i watched all the trailers but i'm steering clear from most of the internet until tomorrow night when i see it.

actual spoilers have only been around for about 24hrs, there's been plenty of speculation before that but they weren't actual plot details.

it's simple really- read the spoilers or don't. if you read them you'll probably still enjoy the movie, but the surprises will be ruined. i watched all the trailers but i'm steering clear from most of the internet until tomorrow night when i see it.

Yeah I didn't really want to read them but they were accidentally thrown upon me, so to speak. Oh well. I'll just look at it as like reading a book before seeing it's film adaptation, or something, and try to empty my mind and enjoy it as much as I can at this point

Yeah I didn't really want to read them but they were accidentally thrown upon me, so to speak. Oh well. I'll just look at it as like reading a book before seeing it's film adaptation, or something, and try to empty my mind and enjoy it as much as I can at this point

It'll be great. I'm sure you'll still enjoy it. They say it is action packed.

• Like 1

My favorite scene in the film: BB-8 giving a "thumbs-up" to Finn. Oh, and when Finn accidentally turns up a hologram-chess (or whatever it is) aboard the Millennium Falcon.

Biggest disapointment: chrome trooper played by Gwendoline Christie. I was expecting a bigger role or some badass scenes, but her character is just another-stormtrooper-in-shiny-armor.

Edited by Daedalus

I just saw the movie, so here it is the non-spoiler report:

First, the most iportant thing...there was no cheering in the cinema. :P

You British?

Nope. Few people were on the premiere with lightsabers and stormtroopers masks, but that was pretty much it.

I haven't read any spoilers, but I have seen all trailers and teasers. And I kind of knew what will happen (eventually) in lot of scenes. So that kinda sucked.

The great thing about the film is that a lot of questions are left unanswered, so I expect a lot of fan theories until the next film...I hope the force will be strong with me and I will not read them all.

I just saw the movie, so here it is the non-spoiler report:

First, the most iportant thing...there was no cheering in the cinema. :P

You British?

Nope. Few people were on the premiere with lightsabers and stormtroopers masks, but that was pretty much it.

I haven't read any spoilers, but I have seen all trailers and teasers. And I kind of knew what will happen (eventually) in lot of scenes. So that kinda sucked.

The great thing about the film is that a lot of questions are left unanswered, so I expect a lot of fan theories until the next film...I hope the force will be strong with me and I will not read them all.

In my opinion there was far too much spoiler content in the trailers, although that is not exactly a new development or exactly a development associated with Star Wars as it seems to happen with most films now.

Just read that the writer and director for the next two movies is Rian Johnson. He directed Ozymandias of Breaking Bad so I'm excited as that is one of the best TV episodes of all time. He also wrote and directed Looper.

I know he's doing VIII, but didn't know anything else. Must be IX is his second film, because the director for the Han Solo film has been announced, just can't remember who.
  • Like 1

Holy fuck. The previous record for presale tickets belonged to The Dark Knight with just over $25 million in sales. The Force Awakens sold ver $125 million in advanced sales. Thats insane and STILL experts are predicting it only gets to about $225 million this weekend. I can't wrap my head around that logic. How can it not get to and pass $300 million this weekend?

I think the logic is, SO many presale tickets have been sold that not many people will be walk up sales. There is, theoretically, a cap on how much money a film could possibly make in opening weekend - the higher the presales number gets, the walk up number MUST get lower.

Time will tell though if it beats the projection. $125 million in presales is a damn good start.