Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

Ok, here are some fun tidbits. The Rebellion did defeat the Empire in the years following Endor. The New Republic was established ans a treaty was signed by Imperial Remnants detailing their surrender. Han and Leia got married and rumors imply they had a son. Luke became a Jedi Master, and started a Jedi Academy. Han and Leia pressumebly left their son to train with Luke. Something happened, and their son snapped. He killed all of his peers before Luke could stop him. Luke left R2 behind and disappeared. Why and where is unkown. The Imperials rebuilt and became a viable threat, The First Order. However, The New Republic refused to take military action so Leia left and formed The Resistance in worlds threatened by The First Order. This combined with the loss of their son caused Han and Leia to split. Han went back to a life of smuggling where he lost the Falcon. And this is all before the movie takes place...

Do I read??? OMG, don't put me in this position!!!

Resist the temptation.

And I had to type this with my eyes closed, because I realized spoiler tags show in the text box when you quote a post :mellow:

I read his spoilers, it's all back story information on the politics and events that happened between ROTJ and TFA.

I'm a little bummed that I read it, but nothing too substantial

Saw some of the LA premier.

I did see George Lucas and JJ Abrams talking and going into the theatre together. They were all smiles.

Sure can you imagine how much money these two guys are making? I know Star Wars is a huge thing and I'm glad it's still important 30 + years later, but people are still hungry and homeless in this country and all some people are concerned with is this new SW movie.

It's a lousy world we live in and I know we need to take time out and enjoy ourselves, but it sickens me how the Hollywood big wigs are making millions and many people are out of work and can't take care of their families.

• Like 1

I did see George Lucas and JJ Abrams talking and going into the theatre together. They were all smiles.

Sure can you imagine how much money these two guys are making? I know Star Wars is a huge thing and I'm glad it's still important 30 + years later, but people are still hungry and homeless in this country and all some people are concerned with is this new SW movie.

It's a lousy world we live in and I know we need to take time out and enjoy ourselves, but it sickens me how the Hollywood big wigs are making millions and many people are out of work and can't take care of their families.

K

Lolwut

Val has a point, you have to admit, but the argument between capitalistic accumulation in the film industry and poverty is much broader than mere Star Wars and certainly deserves it own thread. Star Wars is perhaps a conspicuous offender but certainly not the only offender. In truth it is a broader discussion altogether, encompassing politics and society.

Spoiler free review by the Schmoes. They give it high scores 4.2/5 and 4.5/5 but honestly I don't get that from their tone and vibe. Seems to me they were a bit let down especially Kristian. It feels like their high scores are based on their excitment going in but I get the sense their emotion has taken over their perspective and they seem to know it. Then again I guess it's hard to review a movie without saying anything about the movie so.....

Spoiler free review by the Schmoes. They give it high scores 4.2/5 and 4.5/5 but honestly I don't get that from their tone and vibe. Seems to me they were a bit let down especially Kristian. It feels like their high scores are based on their excitment going in but I get the sense their emotion has taken over their perspective and they seem to know it. Then again I guess it's hard to review a movie without saying anything about the movie so.....

I noticed that too, but I think it has more to do with how they spent years firmly believing silly things like Hux would secretly be a Skywalker or that Snoke would secretly be Plagueis, and were therefore bummed to see how off they were. Most other reviews I've been reading/ seeing have been overwhelmingly positive, tho everyone seems to be in agreement that the film did borrow a bit too much from the original starwars Edited by rocknroll41