Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

:lol::lol:

People just don't understand the pop culture significance of this movie. I hope a bunch of you go see it opening night and get pissed off when the crowd reacts EAXCTLY the way myself and others know they will. Walk out of the theatre when people cheer because they will cheer.

I'm neither criticising the practice nor advocating it: I'm merely saying it does not happen (in Britain), and, the notion that it will somehow happen here based on the premise that this is a Star Wars and has special considerations is a complete fallacy.

The notion that you think it wont happen because it is unBritain like is laughable. It will happen. How old are you. I guarantee you it happened whan Phantom Menace came out and it WILL happen again next week when Force Awakens premiers. I expect you to come back here admitting you were completely wrong because you will be. The fact you dont understand this is Star Wars and there ARE special considerations says it all.
It DIDN'T happen for Phantom Menace. It didn't happen for Attack of the Clones. I didn't see Revenge of the Sith because I'd seen TPM and AOTC. It didn't happen during any showing I've been to of any of the original trilogy either.

No you're just lying. We'll see. Report back Friday after opening night and amdit how wrong you were.
Okay then, how about a $100 bet right now? I'll record the opening 2 minutes on my phone when I go to see this. I'll post the footage on here and if nobody can be heard whooping and hollering like a bunch of lunatics I'll gladly PayPal you the money. How's that? ? Edited by Dazey

No you're just lying. We'll see. Report back Friday after opening night and amdit how wrong you were.
Okay then, how about a $100 bet right now? I'll record the opening 2 minutes on my phone when I go to see this. I'll post the footage on here and if nobody can be heard whooping and hollering like a bunch of lunatics I'll gladly PayPal you the money. How's that?

I was actually going to suggest something like this earlier today, but I'm guessing theaters will have pretty heavy security on opening weekend to prevent any sort of filming. Though I suppose you could just run a voice recorder app or something.

For the record; My name's Paul and this is between y'all.

I know there will be cheering here, but I'm inclined to believe the people who actually live in the other counrty about how people will act in their own country lol

• Like 1

People just don't understand the pop culture significance of this movie. I hope a bunch of you go see it opening night and get pissed off when the crowd reacts EAXCTLY the way myself and others know they will. Walk out of the theatre when people cheer because they will cheer.

I'm neither criticising the practice nor advocating it: I'm merely saying it does not happen (in Britain), and, the notion that it will somehow happen here based on the premise that this is a Star Wars and has special considerations is a complete fallacy.

The notion that you think it wont happen because it is unBritain like is laughable. It will happen. How old are you. I guarantee you it happened whan Phantom Menace came out and it WILL happen again next week when Force Awakens premiers. I expect you to come back here admitting you were completely wrong because you will be. The fact you dont understand this is Star Wars and there ARE special considerations says it all.
It DIDN'T happen for Phantom Menace. It didn't happen for Attack of the Clones. I didn't see Revenge of the Sith because I'd seen TPM and AOTC. It didn't happen during any showing I've been to of any of the original trilogy either.

Okay then, how about a $100 bet right now? I'll record the opening 2 minutes on my phone when I go to see this. I'll post the footage on here and if nobody can be heard whooping and hollering like a bunch of lunatics I'll gladly PayPal you the money. How's that? ?

"I wasn't trying to film star wars, I was filming the audience, honest officer"

"Hang about, don't I recognise you - you've been hanging around the canals where the murders have been happening. You're going away for a long time!)

Okay then, how about a $100 bet right now? I'll record the opening 2 minutes on my phone when I go to see this. I'll post the footage on here and if nobody can be heard whooping and hollering like a bunch of lunatics I'll gladly PayPal you the money. How's that?

:lol: I don't give a fuck I'll bet you. "Drops mic" What you think you're fucking cool with that because I didn't reply right away? I'll bet you and you go and film it on OPENING NIGHT not some random night of your choosing which I'm sure you'd try and do and then post here and then send me my fucking money! Put your money where your mouth is. You asked for it.

I was actually going to suggest something like this earlier today, but I'm guessing theaters will have pretty heavy security on opening weekend to prevent any sort of filming. Though I suppose you could just run a voice recorder app or something.

For the record; My name's Paul and this is between y'all.

I know there will be cheering here, but I'm inclined to believe the people who actually live in the other counrty about how people will act in their own country lol

I'm inclined to beleive that Star Wars fans are Star Wars fans regardless of what country you live in and on opening night when the theatres are packed with diehards who are dressed in costumes there is no way the theatre sits quietly as the opening crawl hits and as Han makes his first appearnace on screen etc etc. Britain isn't that far up their own ass that that will take place. they will cheer opening night like everyone else.

Edited by Bono

Is there really an argument as to whether or not people will cheer during this?! :lol:

Pretty much and it's about guys how for the most part make stupid comments in here about how shitty Star Wars is and then go on about how the British are to proper too cheer and it's only an American thing when it's obviously gonna happen.

opening night when the theatres are packed with diehards who are dressed in costumes

Haha.

A man with no sense of reality.

You're an idiot if you don't think people will dress up for this :lol: Shows how clueless you are to the whole Star Wars fandom

Oh and should I drop the mic since Dazey is taking a while to acknowledge that I called him on his bet. I'm not sure what the appropriate wait time is before I drop the mic.

Edited by Bono

Is there really an argument as to whether or not people will cheer during this?! :lol:

Pretty much and it's about guys how for the most part make stupid comments in here about how shitty Star Wars is and then go on about how the British are to proper too cheer and it's only an American thing when it's obviously gonna happen.

opening night when the theatres are packed with diehards who are dressed in costumes

Haha.

A man with no sense of reality.

You're an idiot if you don't think people will dress up for this :lol: Shows how clueless you are to the whole Star Wars fandom

Oh and should I drop the mic since Dazey is taking a while to acknowledge that I called him on his bet. I'm not sure what the appropriate wait time is before I drop the mic.

Jesus!

I'm rarely speechless but I am here.

This is what happens when you converse with U2 fans I suppose.

And that's the long awaited U2 jab :lol:

Alright, enough of all that. Take it to the PMs if you want but enough clogging the thread with it all.

Would Phil Collins provoke you more Sabs?

Bugger this. Yes the British all turn up dressed as C3P0 and start applauding. All my experience of living in Britain, and attending British cinemas is clearly null. I have my stormtrooper costume ready as I speak.

Well yeah, it's not like I need to be filming the screen or anything. :shrugs:

• Like 1