Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

All I see is one guy(Dazey) tried to bully me in to backing down from my stance by offering a $100 bet and I called him on it and he blatantly ignored that. Says a lot. Dazey and Deisel know I'm right. Star Wars fans are Star Wars fans and they wil cheer in every fucking theatre across the planet. But having said that if any clown wants to make that $100 bet I'm game and I will guarantee to pay up if I lose. That's probably more than I can say for the one who actually suggested the bet in the first place. We could even up the ante if he's that confident but I'll leave that up to him. In the mean time .......................

12371158_10156392104060397_8361320736344

All I see is one guy(Dazey) tried to bully me in to backing down from my stance by offering a $100 bet and I called him on it and he blatantly ignored that. Says a lot. Dazey and Deisel know I'm right. Star Wars fans are Star Wars fans and they wil cheer in every fucking theatre across the planet. But having said that if any clown wants to make that $100 bet I'm game and I will guarantee to pay up if I lose. That's probably more than I can say for the one who actually suggested the bet in the first place. We could even up the ante if he's that confident but I'll leave that up to him. In the mean time .......................

12371158_10156392104060397_8361320736344

$100 is fine. If I lose I'll look like a twat but that's the price you pay for making silly drunken bets. I'll be seeing this on Thursday ........

:lol:

Is there really an argument as to whether or not people will cheer during this?! :lol:

Pretty much and it's about guys how for the most part make stupid comments in here about how shitty Star Wars is and then go on about how the British are to proper too cheer and it's only an American thing when it's obviously gonna happen.

opening night when the theatres are packed with diehards who are dressed in costumes

Haha.

A man with no sense of reality.

You're an idiot if you don't think people will dress up for this :lol: Shows how clueless you are to the whole Star Wars fandom

Oh and should I drop the mic since Dazey is taking a while to acknowledge that I called him on his bet. I'm not sure what the appropriate wait time is before I drop the mic.

Bono you don't even live in England, how can you possibly argue with two lifelong Britts about their culture?

If Britts don't cheer at movies then they don't cheer at movies, doesn't really matter what the film is.

You're making yourself look like a douchebag who has no idea what he's rambling on about.

• Like 3

What happens if they do clap, but not at the showing Dazey goes to? Schrodinger's Applause?

Post of the thread. :lol:

Is there really an argument as to whether or not people will cheer during this?! :lol:

Pretty much and it's about guys how for the most part make stupid comments in here about how shitty Star Wars is and then go on about how the British are to proper too cheer and it's only an American thing when it's obviously gonna happen.

opening night when the theatres are packed with diehards who are dressed in costumes

Haha.

You're an idiot if you don't think people will dress up for this :lol: Shows how clueless you are to the whole Star Wars fandom

Oh and should I drop the mic since Dazey is taking a while to acknowledge that I called him on his bet. I'm not sure what the appropriate wait time is before I drop the mic.

Bono you don't even live in England, how can you possibly argue with two lifelong Britts about their culture?

If Britts don't cheer at movies then they don't cheer at movies, doesn't really matter what the film is.

You're making yourself look like a douchebag who has no idea what he's rambling on about.

BUT THIS IS STAR WARS!

People don't cheer at the movies here either. Ever.

• Like 1

What happens if they do clap, but not at the showing Dazey goes to? Schrodinger's Applause?

Post of the thread. :lol:

Haha.

BUT THIS IS STAR WARS!

People don't cheer at the movies here either. Ever.

we're gonna need a recording to prove that, thanks/

I don't think it's all that weird to cheer at movies, and here in the states I don't doubt there will be an uproar during various parts of the film.

I could totally see it just being a cultural thing though. The US and UK have totally different vibes.

I can get why Bono is confused. America goes balls to the walls at these movies. I told my girlfriend that she has to wear a Star Wars shirt otherwise she is gonna look like the girl who doesnt care about Star Wars but got dragged there by her boyfriend :lol:

I found a really cool shirt with vintage artwork from the old movies that I'm gonna wear :)

Edited by Dan H.

I marathon'd the original trilogy with a few of my friends yesterday - we did the laserdiscs on his 120" screen with his projector. Fucking beautiful - I forgot how many little things got changed over the years outside of the major stuff. I also don't remember the last time I watched the entire OT in one sitting, so that felt really great also.

I'm so fucking ready for this film.

• Like 1

Just bought tickets for the 4am show on Friday morning. Already going to see it Saturday night, but I just wanted to do the 4am for the novelty of it.

Laurel Park Place? Love that theater, no one's ever there lol

Yessir. I've never been there, but it's the only place in the area I could find the 24 hour shows, so it's worth trying out.

With the premier tonight, as well as the European release on Wednesday, can I ask that any spoilers that are posted in here be marked with a spoiler tag until Friday? It would be awful to see anyone have such a high profile film ruined for them because spoiler tags aren't being used. I case you don't know how to use spoiler tags, this is the format:

[spoiler]Jar Jar is actually Supreme Leader Snoke[/spoiler]

Which will appear like this:

Jar Jar is actually Supreme Leader Snoke
  • Like 3