what do you carry around every day?

liers

What do you carry on your person everyday? Besides shirt, shoes, shocks, underwear, and pants obviously. I ask because someone asked why I carry a lighter despite not smoking... My reasoning is you never know when you'll need a fire and I'm outdoors a lot.

So, for me it's my phone, wallet, a knife, a lighter, a watch, a pen, and some business cards for my business. What about you?

To those that carry a knife all the time. Why?

You never know when you need it to open something. Plus its good self defense.

See, maybe it's just me but I've never felt that I needed to carry a weapon for self defence. :shrugs:

See, maybe it's just me but I've never felt that I needed to carry a weapon for self defence. :shrugs:
We aint all protected by the power of the bellyflop though :lol:

As a younger lad my mate used to carry a collapsible police baton, like a cosh (actually hes my cousin) and the way them lot behave you can see how they'd need it. I bought a flick knife and a gun in Kashmir and carried them for a bit over there, not cuz i needed em or anything but because I'm a cock whoose seen too many films :lol: The flick knife was cool, it had knuckledusters attached and everything. Some of the dodgier lads i know have like, different types of blades and weapons secreted all around town in various spots in case theres ever a kick off you know you got something close at hand.

But like as for over here, me personally, apart from a few isolated instances when i been a kid, never. My old man has a swiss army knife attacked to his keys, does that count?

If you aint a wrong un then you've no need for em really, is the short answer.

Edited by Len B'stard

As a younger lad my mate used to carry a collapsible police baton, like a cosh (actually hes my cousin) and the way them lot behave you can see how they'd need it. I bought a flick knife and a gun in Kashmir and carried them for a bit over there, not cuz i needed em or anything but because I'm a cock whoose seen too many films :lol: The flick knife was cool, it had knuckledusters attached and everything. Some of the dodgier lads i know have like, different types of blades and weapons secreted all around town in various spots in case theres ever a kick off you know you got something close at hand.

But like as for over here, me personally, apart from a few isolated instances when i been a kid, never. My old man has a swiss army knife attacked to his keys, does that count?

Pretty much that. :lol:

I mean I think what I'm saying is that if you take a knife for self-defence then basically what you're saying is that if somebody gets up in your face you're prepared to KILL them. Think about that for a second.

Edited by Dazey

Pretty much that. :lol:
Often its just like a suburban kids fascination with tools gone a little too far. I mean every kid if you go to him like 'do you wanna see a machete or a shooter?' they're all gonna say yes, thats just lads, i suppose some idiots just take it a step further from that but quite frankly, whether Watford or Redcar, what do you need a fuckin blade or a shooter for unless you're part of that miniscule cross-section of the population that are involved in serious criminal shit, i mean its hardly New York in the late 70s. More like Old York in the 70s, home to such well known faces in the criminal underworld as...uh, our Grace :lol:

I dont think i could kill anybody. Or even stab them. I mean I'll put my hands up and have a go if i HAVE to...but with the intent of dropping them i.e. getting them off me and running like fuck.

Things happen in the heat of the moment but fundamentally I'm a pussy really, i dont like hitting and i dont like getting hit and i've never understood that 'adrenaline' bollocks, to me it just hurts like a bastards.

Edited by Len B'stard

What do you carry on your person everyday? Besides shirt, shoes, shocks, underwear, and pants obviously. I ask because someone asked why I carry a lighter despite not smoking... My reasoning is you never know when you'll need a fire and I'm outdoors a lot.

So, for me it's my phone, wallet, a knife, a lighter, a watch, a pen, and some business cards for my business. What about you?

I'm a man, so very little.

- My phone

- My keys (including a beer opener as a keychain)

- My wallet (containing my ID, my debit cards, my health insurance card, my driving licence and possibly some cash)

That's it. Nothing more. Unless I'm on vacation in which case I'm also carrying my camera. Or possibly a flask with some good Scotch.

I am boring just like the rest of the guys here.

I did have a Las Vegas bottle-opener on my car-keys but it broke shortly after purchasing it. Not sure if it's because I'm drinking too much or the good Lord is trying to tell me something. Anyway, this was my second bottle-opener I've broken on my keys in the matter of one year.

Other than car-keys, I carry a wallet (comprised of credit cards, personal-identification, social security, useless college identification cards), and a phone I picked up for thirty bucks at Best Buy.