Reunion Tour / Dream setlist?

And the only potential problem I see for Steven there is YCBM.

Do you really believe that? Any decent drummer can play You Could Be Mine.

Adler came up with the drums for YCBM.

so there you go... i have always wondered about that... do you have any source for that?

The song was written in '85 or '86. "Bitch slap rappin' and youre cocaine tounge" line was in the liner notes of Appetite, kind of as a teaser for the next album. Axl talks about it in an interview in 1990 or '91.

oh, everybody knows that. that doesnt mean the song had that drum intro in 85 or 86.

I guess im assuming a little bit there. I mean for the most part it looks as though Sorum came in and just did his version of Adlers parts. I thought i heard that the drum intro has always been there, dont remember from where though. Its not a complicated part though and theres no way that Steven would not be able to play it. Im a musician, not a drummer mind you, and i can play it. Its really not hard at all.
So your original affirmation is based on nothing tangible.

Both of you were wrong

Duff came out with the drum intro fills.....

YCBM was possibly not complete during the AFD days, at least not even on a demo form.

1. YOU COULD BE MINE!

2. WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!

3. IT'S SO EASY!

4, MR. BROWNSTONE!

5. LIVE & LET DIE!

6. CIVIL WAR!

7. NOVEMBER RAIN!

8. SWEET CHILD O' MINE!

9. ESTRANGED!

10. THERE WAS A TIME!

11. YESTERDAYS!

12. PATIENCE!

13, ROCKET QUEEN!

14. DON'T CRY!

15. SO FINE!

16. MY MICHELLE!

17. 14 YEARS!

18. MADAGASCAR!

19. PARADISE CITY!

20. NIGHTRAIN!

Edited by curmudgeonrose

so there you go... i have always wondered about that... do you have any source for that?

The song was written in '85 or '86. "Bitch slap rappin' and youre cocaine tounge" line was in the liner notes of Appetite, kind of as a teaser for the next album. Axl talks about it in an interview in 1990 or '91.

oh, everybody knows that. that doesnt mean the song had that drum intro in 85 or 86.

I guess im assuming a little bit there. I mean for the most part it looks as though Sorum came in and just did his version of Adlers parts. I thought i heard that the drum intro has always been there, dont remember from where though. Its not a complicated part though and theres no way that Steven would not be able to play it. Im a musician, not a drummer mind you, and i can play it. Its really not hard at all.

yeah i know it is not hard at all, yet a lot of people keep saying that steven cant play it... but anyway... i am not sure steven wrote that intro... i am sure it probably sounded great with him on drums!

See I think KOHD is the worse offender. Those ''Dawwah'' and that phone overdub silliness. And when they did it live, they had the the ''give me some reggae'' bit and the whole thing dragged on so long that you were bored senseless. Axl doing his, ''you sing one, then i'll sing one'' - your the singer; I did not buy a ticket so that I should sing - for you! Woeful.

i also couldnt stand that song on UYI tour after Izzy left

you are right, the GIMME SOME REGGAE part was dreadfull

what a fucking disgusting load of crap

actually there was very little left of GNR after izzy left, but anyway

for great (terrific) knocking on Heavens Door live versions, you need to hear both rio 1991 versions and indiana 1991 version

first night in rio is funny because it was matts first gig with the band and he sorta misses the final part

and axl goes

- no no no no no no no, matt got a little excited there, bla bla bla,

and they do it again

and it just sounds fucking great

terrific soundboard quality, five guys playing rock n roll (oh wait, dizzy was there), crazy rio crowds (not the sanitized crowd that goes to rock in rio these days) and, very important, no GIMME SOMME REGGAE BULLSHIT

1- Perfect Crime

2- MR Brownstone

AXL RANT

3- Its so Easy

4- Night train

5-YOU could be mine

6-YOure Crazy

7- Out To get me

AXL RANT

8-KOHD

9-AXL RANT

10-Drum solo

11-SLASH SOLO

12- AXL-Piano solo-Estranged

13-Don't Cry

14-Patience

15--SLASH SOLO

16-My Michelle

17-Coma-

18-Locomotive

AXL RANT

19-Double Talking Jive

20-Civil WAR

ENCORE

21-Rocket Queen

22-Sweet Child O mine

-AXL RANT

23- November Rain

24Paradise City

What a gig !

Edited by iceman51999

1.Jungle

2.Brownstone

3.Its so easy

4.LALD

5.Rocket queen

6.Patience

7.Civil war

8.Beggars&hangers

9.You're crazy

10.Nightrain

*Axl piano solo

11.November rain

12.TIL

13.Fall to pieces

14.YCBM

*Slash solo

15.My michelle

16.Yesterdays

17.Better

Encore 1

18.SCOM

19.KOHD

20.Estranged

Encore 2

21.Whole lotta Rosie

22.Don't cry

23.Paradise city

So your original affirmation is based on nothing tangible.

Both of you were wrong

Duff came out with the drum intro fills.....

YCBM was possibly not complete during the AFD days, at least not even on a demo form.

Besides, of the songs on my setlist, I'm now thinking Double Talkin' Jive is the harder song for Steven, especially compared to Matt's live performances. Not saying he can't do it, just like I never said he couldn't do You Could Be Mine, merely that it's one where he might come off as inferior to Machine Sorum.

DTJ has to be played in any reunion show. Izzy gets a vocal, Slash gets an extended solo segueing into Civil War, Axl gets to go off and choose which hat to wear next. No James Bond themes needed.

• 2 weeks later...

No KOHD, No Live And Let Die, no Chinese Democracy, no This I Love, no Sorry.

Bring back the Talkbox on Rocket Queen.

I can't see Axl agreeing with a reunion without playing Chinese Democracy songs...
Oh but I'd love them to play Better, Madagascar or Prostitute. I was talking about ChiDem the song, which is awful.

Are you kidding? ChiDem, the song is the best song of the album!

It wasn't impossible to imagine Duff agreeing to play ChiDem songs. And then he did just that.

It is impossible to imagine Slash playing those songs, though. I bet the only way he'd play them is if Axl agreed to do VR or Conspirators songs, which Axl would never do.

Doesn't matter, this reunion will never happen. Sorry guys.

But it's not the same thing. What's Slash's argument? Axl can just say that my songs were written under the gnr name, its a part of the bands history.

Welcome to the Jungle

Nightrain

Mr. Brownstone

Civil War

(if Izzy is there: Dust N' Bones) or (if Izzy is not there: Attitude or New Rose)

It's So Easy

Street of Dreams or This I Love

Double Talkin' Jive

-Slash Solo

Don't Cry (stripped down version, like 2007)

You Could Be Mine

November Rain

Out Ta Get Me

Sweet Child O Mine

Nice Boys

Knockin On Heavens Door (short version)

Rocket Queen

----------

You're Crazy

Estranged

Paradise City

I can't see Axl agreeing with a reunion without playing Chinese Democracy songs...
Oh but I'd love them to play Better, Madagascar or Prostitute. I was talking about ChiDem the song, which is awful.

ChiDem the song is definitely in the bottom 5, it was a good song in 2002 but the intro, and especially the fretless guitar fucked up the album version. The antiquiet leak is probably the best version.

Welcome to the Jungle

Nightrain

Mr. Brownstone

Civil War

(if Izzy is there: Dust N' Bones) or (if Izzy is not there: Attitude or New Rose)

It's So Easy

Double Talkin' Jive

-Slash Solo

You Could Be Mine

November Rain

Out Ta Get Me

Sweet Child O Mine

Nice Boys

Rocket Queen

----------

You're Crazy

Estranged

Paradise City

ChiDem the song is definitely in the bottom 5, it was a good song in 2002 but the intro, and especially the fretless guitar fucked up the album version. The antiquiet leak is probably the best version.

The clip of the studio intro from the 2002 Boston Promo sounded even better than the Antiquiet leak actually. Too bad we never got a full version of that

Welcome to the Jungle

Nightrain

Mr. Brownstone

Civil War

It's So Easy

Double Talkin' Jive

-Slash Solo

You Could Be Mine

November Rain

Out Ta Get Me

Sweet Child O Mine

Nice Boys

Rocket Queen

----------

You're Crazy

Estranged

Paradise City

Which one is exactly this antiquiet leak?

Any link?

Honestly pretty similar to the set lists they have been doing it. I have complained about the set in the past but all things considered it isn't bad. Maybe they could use some more illusions songs. I actually would like to see them hang on to one or two CD songs.

Welcome to the Jungle

Nightrain

Mr. Brownstone

Civil War

It's So Easy

Double Talkin' Jive

-Slash Solo

You Could Be Mine

November Rain

Out Ta Get Me

Sweet Child O Mine

Nice Boys

Rocket Queen

----------

You're Crazy

Estranged

Paradise City

Which one is exactly this antiquiet leak?

Any link?

No sorry, I don't have the Antiquiet files, just heard them on YouTube back when they first leaked but they were gone by the end of the year when the actual record came out.

It was 9 songs that leaked from that Antiquiet site. And overall, that was my favorite version of the album. Not too choppy and as demo-sounding as the MSL leaks from 2006, and yet not as overproduced sounding as the final album.

The bassline on TWaT was louder and better-sounding. Riad didn't have that silly effects intro and had a better solo from Bucket instead of Bumble. The drums on CD, Better, and ITW were still from Brain and therefore blended better with everything else. CD itself just had the low vocals and keyboards in the verses, making it much easier to listen to imo (less sore on the ears, if that makes sense).

I just think Izzy, Duff, Slash will reignite some GNR classics that they used to do. And that will be the set list.

If its Vegas Residency for 30th Anni of AFD would any mind if they just played AFD all the way through with a few off Lies?

I know some of you don't want anything but the original material, and that's fine, just buy Live Era, but for the rest of us:

What are the solo project songs you would like to see done by a reunion lineup? I have a few I'd really like to see. Keep in mind it's not a thread about what they "would do" or if they "should do" any of the solo stuff, just a simple question of what would you like to see them do with a GnR slant.

Beggars and Hangers-On: Axl on vocals.

Shuffle It All: Izzy on vocals

Slither or Set me Free: Axl on vocals

Man in the meadow with Axl on vocals, but I think if they did anything from the Duff album, it would be The Punk Rock Song, it has Axl's vocals written all over it.

TWAT or Chinese Democracy with Slash's take on the solo's.

(If Gilby then) Cure Me or Kill me. Gilby on vocals.

I'm sure if I thought about it harder, I'd come up with more, but the top 2 would leave me disappointed if they didn't happen.

I was thinking of different Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators stuff, but I'm not a huge of Myles vocals, so I think I'd like to hear Axl's vocals on any of it, but if I had to choose one, I'd probably take You're a Lie. Not because it is my favorite song from those albums, I just think the band would play it really well and Axl would sound great on the vocals for it. It sounds like it could have been written for GnR.