The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

When is the last time Axl was photographed, anyhow? Has it been over a year?

June 2014

I am at a loss of words! Never thought this day would come. I can't wait for the first picture or video of the band together :wow:

Loss of words without any confirmation? This is Guns n Roses brought to you by Team Brazil dear... expect the unexpected. Expecting a reunion? Not gonna happen.

Love that Guns can still rule the world! I know I might get crap for this, but I sure hope CD songs will still be played.

I don't think it's beyond reason to see some VR or CD songs get played. I really want to see Axl tear into Slither and Slash play the f*ck out of the This I Love solo.

I'd love to hear Slash solo on TWAT. I know he never liked those songs that leaned more ballad-y but he was fucking great at it.

Also think FTP could easily be a GNR song.

That said, I don't see either happening.

Around 1½ years ago.

EDIT: Darkness Descends with the answer above.

It's amazing that he can manage that. Does he just not leave the house ever? Hide behind tinted windows and never go out doors (even to get into a car)?

Like how the fuck does he avoid the paparazzi living where he lives?

Axl was on Kimmel just because he had to promote the Vegas residency 'cause sales were low.I don't think he would like to announce the reunion like that.Axl barely talks on TV .Perform ? Not even a chance

The sales were low... how do you know that?

I don't think the intention is to announce anything on Kimmel anyways, maybe a performance.

A performance before they've even rehearsed?! There's too much at stake for this.. And I'd be willing to bet axls voice probably isn't 100% ready, they probably don't have any new songs ready, etc. I like your optimism but there's no way they're performing.. Kimmel and Eddie trunk are two of the very few who have gotten interviews with axl, so if I'm a betting man axl and slash (maybe more members like duff and izzy) will be doing an interview to announce they're back together. And it'd be a great promo.

You can pretty much guarantee their first performance together won't be for a few months..

What makes you so sure there haven't been some rehearsals already?

You are the fella that says he has inside connections. Have they rehearsed? Who will be the drummer? Izzy? Will they play a song on the Kimmel show?

Love that Guns can still rule the world! I know I might get crap for this, but I sure hope CD songs will still be played.

I don't think it's beyond reason to see some VR or CD songs get played. I really want to see Axl tear into Slither and Slash play the f*ck out of the This I Love solo.

I'd love to hear Slash solo on TWAT. I know he never liked those songs that leaned more ballad-y but he was fucking great at it.

Around 1½ years ago.

It's amazing that he can manage that. Does he just not leave the house ever? Hide behind tinted windows and never go out doors (even to get into a car)?

Axl did say Slash played him an early version of FTP back in the 90's.

Axl was on Kimmel just because he had to promote the Vegas residency 'cause sales were low.I don't think he would like to announce the reunion like that.Axl barely talks on TV .Perform ? Not even a chance

I don't think the intention is to announce anything on Kimmel anyways, maybe a performance.

A performance before they've even rehearsed?! There's too much at stake for this.. And I'd be willing to bet axls voice probably isn't 100% ready, they probably don't have any new songs ready, etc. I like your optimism but there's no way they're performing.. Kimmel and Eddie trunk are two of the very few who have gotten interviews with axl, so if I'm a betting man axl and slash (maybe more members like duff and izzy) will be doing an interview to announce they're back together. And it'd be a great promo.

You can pretty much guarantee their first performance together won't be for a few months..

We do not know that they have not rehearsed. I am not saying they will perform but we just don't know that.

Fair enough, I just think with all the developments over the last several months, especially the way things have intensified over the last week or so, I think everyone is just feeling the high and we have to hit the brakes a little bit. Not trying to be a buzzkill just saying, remember when slash announced he and axl were friends again? People already had them touring Europe this summer.. Now it appears that a European tour isn't happening and that it's actually going to be in the United States. Sometimes too much excitement creates roid rage and we all jump he gun..

If it happens oh my god will I go absolutely ballistic with excitement. Just saying, sometimes if it's too good to be true it is and this is a situation I can't see being rushed like that. i just want to hit the brakes a little bit.. And to be fair, all we know so far as that axl, slash, duff and dizzy will probably be involved. We have no clue who will be the rhythm guitar player will be and we really don't know who the drummer will be. The last few weeks everyone here was convinced it was going to be frank ferrer especially because he tweeted a pic of himself in a guns n roses ugly xmas sweater. Now some article says it'll be sorum and now it's sorum. I'll believe what the lineup will be when we get an official announcement..

I normally don't like to count my chickens before they hatch, but with the information we have thus far and if I was a betting man I'd say its safe to start counting them. Everything about these rumors is different than we've ever experienced before regarding a reunion or rumor. First off the people these reunion rumors are about (band members) would have said something to deny it instead we get just deflections and that's NEVER happened before without somebody else quickly rebutting it.

When Matt was asked about the reunion, he deflected instead of just simply saying "I didn't hear anything about that".

Slash "No comment, lets move on to something else"

Steven: He says nothing! figured he'd have been begging to be on board or at least bitched about being denied again.

Duff: Random GNR hints in his pics that only long time/hardcore fans would notice on purpose to give a small treat to the observant. Plus his wifes drunk friend saying "Guns N' Fuckin' Roses is back!" while his wife Susan does nothing with no reaction to it.

Izzy: He's missing just like the 2nd leg of the Illusions tour lol (joke)

The most telling sign or keystone piece of evidence that they are coming back as a band is the GNR official website changing to the old logo, which in my eyes instantly erases whatever was left of "NuGNR" so I wouldn't expect anything that Ashba or Bumblefoot worked on for CD2 to be included if a reunion is indeed made official, that part of Axl's life will be instantly erased as I don't feel there was any cohesion in writing, Ashba may have had riffs or ideas or whatever but what Axl had in his mind for lyrics & melodies never got a chance to meet Ashba or Bumblefoots song ideas, so honestly I really don't think any concrete CD2 tracks exist.

I feel that whatever issues Slash & Axl had, it created Axl's writers block or the second guessing himself, lets face it, as a musician you can't buy or force chemistry. I'm a guitarist in a rock band and I've played with several drummers and I'll tell you my original drummer is barely available to jam and my "new" drummer who is extremely talented and is available any time to jam we just don't get much done in practice maybe 5 songs or so. I've written more songs in any one day with my old drummer effortlessly than I ever have in multiple day a week jams because we read eachothers minds, we would go through 20+ songs. Working with the right person is a priceless experience professional or in a jerk water band like mine.

If you're Axl Rose and you're trying to come up with an album that's on par with your previous work made with people who were like minded and practically brothers to you and now you're tasked with trying to fill their shoes with hired hands who are younger dudes with different influences & different background than yourself it becomes very hard, not impossible but hard, so when Axl reunites with Slash, Duff & the gang it will be like going home, things may still be hard but his inspiration will just flow now that he has the proper support structure around him. Things got ugly with my ex when she dumped me for another dude, a year later we went out to eat and I remembered how fun & effortless she was to talk to we didn't have to try to keep a convo going, same with a band and its true.

• Like 1

What makes you so sure that they have? Because a picture of duff with his bass isn't enough...

Around 1½ years ago.

In an interview around 2006 KROQ Inland invasion tour... he said that its very easy to do so. Most celebrities agents and managers make sure that either they go to places where paparazzi comes often or they are asked to be there.

Moreover, he doesnt party or is in the IN crowd since the 90s. On top of it, hes barely recognizable so the paparazzi wont get much money if they shoot Axl and put it on TMZ or people magazine... who would buy a magazine in the mainstream to see Axl buying a loaf of bread.

Around 1½ years ago.

Axl did say Slash played him an early version of FTP back in the 90's.

Not a surprise, especially since the main rif and the main lead is based off the end of Patience.

25 football stadiums in the US?? Holy shit.

Lambeau Field - Green Bay Wisconsin.

God I hope Lambeau Field gets played by GNR! Was there for the Thanksgiving game

I'm sorry to hear that :lol:

Also as a Wisconsinite I would shit my pants if GnR played Lambeau

Haha the game was a disaster on the last drive of the game, Jones dropped that for sure touchdown ball 30ft ahead of me in the endzone. Even though they lost, seeing Brett Favre, and being there while it was raining & sleeting toward the end was just amazing, it was one of those few times in life where seeing something in person exceeded expectations rather than it being ho-hum. The stadium is amazing.

Nothing stands up to Lambeau Field as far as atmosphere and history goes

What makes you so sure that they have? Because a picture of duff with his bass isn't enough...

word is that this has been in the works since before the last residency and slash and axl have been "cool" for 2 years. so it is plausible.... but who knows maybe no one will be on kimmel and he will just make the announcement?

word is that this has been in the works since before the last residency and slash and axl have been "cool" for 2 years. so it is plausible.... but who knows maybe no one will be on kimmel and he will just make the announcement?

LOL That was said ONCE, HERE, so please, as Billsfan says, let's slow the brakes! We have no idea what is real and what isn't. Kimmel came out of nowhere, tonight, 3 hours ago, and people already have them taking over the show. Let's fucking sleep on it and get some perspective before we start saying they have been rehearsing for years and are ready to tour tomorrow.