Slash posted rehearsal photo?

Hopefully Slash goes back to his UYI tone :headbang:

Yes, please! His jet-engine guitar sound during the UYI tour was... damn, can't express how powerful that was.

Dunno why but I find it the closest thing to the UYI tone in years now. Maybe because he's playing on somebody else's gear?

https://youtu.be/xUYW7xBeuQc?t=3m

I think that was recorded on a JCM 900.

I read they were rehearsing Axl, Slash, Duff and Sorum, I was going to ask about it if it was legit, but I haven't had a thread not merged in the past year. Pissed the wrong person off, I guess.

Maybe it was legit. I thought it was false because of Sorum, I hadn't see he had joined.

Sorum is in LA. When he was asked about Guns he refused comment.

Nice solo but I think he plays on his own equipment.

Nah, Jacob Bunton said in an interview that Slash just came to the studio, picked up the other guy's guitar and played the solo. And before that he went to the wrong house, imagine the face of a neighbour :D

Haha didn't know that.

I read they were rehearsing Axl, Slash, Duff and Sorum, I was going to ask about it if it was legit, but I haven't had a thread not merged in the past year. Pissed the wrong person off, I guess.

Maybe it was legit. I thought it was false because of Sorum, I hadn't see he had joined.

by that i think hes he clearly out

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teGYj8uc6uc

by that i think hes he clearly out
No way- he's in (Atleast partly). Why wouldn't he just take the high road "I wish the guys the best, I'm sitting this one out".....same with Steven- he'd have chirped and birched if he were out. They both in in some capacity.
  • Like 1

So would this mean the guys are just rehearsing the old songs......or that the band is together writing and recording new stuff?

How would we know.
1. Several posters on here have claimed to be insiders and have shared stories/news that they claim to be from people associated with the band.

2. This is a forum. For GnR discussion. Lots of posters have asked questions. Do you respond the same way to all of them? People are chatting and sharing opinions about GnR.....on a GnR forum. Surely you understand that concept?

I'm just saying, 9/10 of the posts you make in relation to this whole thing are along the lines of "So does this mean they're doing new music?". C'mon, it's the same shtick in every thread. It gets old and literally, how would any of us ACTUALLY know if they're doing anything with new music? :lol:

9/10 is a huge exaggeration. The actual number is more like in the 1/10 range. So not even close.

Feel free to put me on ignore if you don't want to read my posts. Problem easily solved - 10/10 times. ?

So would this mean the guys are just rehearsing the old songs......or that the band is together writing and recording new stuff?

How would we know.
1. Several posters on here have claimed to be insiders and have shared stories/news that they claim to be from people associated with the band.

2. This is a forum. For GnR discussion. Lots of posters have asked questions. Do you respond the same way to all of them? People are chatting and sharing opinions about GnR.....on a GnR forum. Surely you understand that concept?

I'm just saying, 9/10 of the posts you make in relation to this whole thing are along the lines of "So does this mean they're doing new music?". C'mon, it's the same shtick in every thread. It gets old and literally, how would any of us ACTUALLY know if they're doing anything with new music? :lol:

9/10 is a huge exaggeration. The actual number is more like in the 1/10 range. So not even close.

Feel free to put me on ignore if you don't want to read my posts. Problem easily solved - 10/10 times. ?

How would we know.

How would we know.

Unfortunately, as a mod I can't put people on ignore as I have to keep an eye on antagonizing posts such as yours. :(

he looks sad/upset/angry in that video.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teGYj8uc6uc

He looked like he just got off a flight and was being asked annoying questions.

If he was not involved, and NEVER going to be involved, why would he not say anything? That's my thing. If he knew that he is out, why wouldn't he say so?

I guess he is like fuck it, I know inside he would be feeling bad cause he knows he deserves to be there full time instead of Frank.

On the other hand Ron never spoke about him leaving the band, still he hasn't given an official statement regarding it, well at least Ashba had the balls to do it.

If he was not involved, and NEVER going to be involved, why would he not say anything? That's my thing. If he knew that he is out, why wouldn't he say so?

Because nothing is certain or somebody told him not to say anything
So that means he not is 100% Out then.

Do I think he will be back as the full time drummer? No. But I do think he will be back similiar to Adler, guest appearances. Which maybe he bummed over that.

Also lets not forget that Alder told Eddie Trunk months ago that he heard that the band was jamming with Sorum already. He said that he heard from reliable sources that at least Axl, Slash, Duff, and Sorum had gotten together sometime between summer and christmas, at least once. So if that's true, perhaps they already jammed some of the stuff that Sorum would play, IE, the Illusion stuff.

My point is, as it's always been, my gut feeling is that Frank and Fortus, but especially Frank are going to be back up or alternate players. Eddie Trunk also heard this rumor months ago. Fortus will be there more full time, but Frank will only play the CD songs EVERY night, and the rest at the gigs that Alder or Sorum are not at. Frank does know how to play the entire catalogue, which is something neither Adler or Sorum can claim. Yes I'm sure they could learn it, but doing so would mean they are members going forward, which is something I don't think will happen. They will be a part of the reunion, but anything beyond that, no. Besides, a tour with this much money on the line, I think it's good to have all the options covered. If Frank is the drummer at the show I attend, I won't be upset.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

Also, let me add, that Frank, Slash, and Fortus just now got back to LA. So perhaps these jam sessions are to get all of these guys on the same page. For all we know, Sorum might already be ready to go.

It does sound like to me that they have a lot of different line ups to practice with. So just because they have jammed with Frank this week, doesn't mean it's not Alder and Sorum next. Also, perhaps the REAL reason nothing is official yet is because they want the best drummer possible. So maybe, just maybe, Alder, Sorum, and Frank have to EARN the full time spot.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

It seemed like the TMZ dickhead was only deepening some type of wound.

Frank and Steven might make sense. Matt and Steven might make sense. Frank and Matt really doesn't.

Either way, Matt just might have not wanted to give any headlines to some chancer from TMZ.

I mentioned that in the other thread. Whether he's in or not, I don't think Matt wants to answer to the annoying TMZ guy. He doesn't want to give them anything and I can't blame him.