04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

14 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Great show, monumental night.  They sounded awesome, sound quality was fantastic. 

For anyone talking about Axl's voice, go back and listen to the screams on Live and Let Die and then get back to me.  He gave it his all, all night long   There were times he was singing so hard his hands shaked.

There were moments he went "Mickey" but he would pull it back to clean and he nailed most of his screams.  He sang clean a lot...and not every time he sang clean equaled Mickey....a lot of people don't get that.

As soon as Axl said "it's a fairytale" when announcing Coma I knew he was talking about Coma so I yelled it out and some people around me looked confused...but of course 3 seconds later they started to play the intro.  It was awesome, one of the highlights of the show for sure.  

Not sure how visible it was from the stream but when Axl, Slash and Duff played the Goodfellas theme, the spotlight was on the three of them, the rest of the stage was dark.  Very, very cool moment and underappreciated, imo.

I thought the CD songs sounded awesome with Slash.  The intros to both CD and Better were so much more rock n' roll than previous live versions of the songs.  There was a rawness to them that was clearly influenced by the presence of Slash and Duff.

Another cool moment was when Axl introduced Slash....the arena went ballistic...and you could see a huge smile on Slash's face.

People wondering about Axl's throne.... I thought it was cool...when I saw them wheel him out in it, I thought it was badass...and yes, way better than him just sitting in a chair all night.  He said something like "I hope you don't mind" and the fans went nuts and cheered.  He also thanked David Grohl twice for letting him use the throne.

So many more highlights..Civil War was sick, entire song was near perfect.  Slash's take on This I love was awesome...and Axl was staring at him while doing it and looked really pleased..and Slash was into it...it was great.  I could go on and on and on.

To anyone that wasn't there, sorry you missed the show.  I would wait for an HD version to be released before reviewing the show from poor quality periscope streams...because there is no way in hell they do it justice.  Legendary night all around.

I saw Axl watching Slash solo on TIL too, thought that was cool, he looked like he was thinking 'so that's what you would've done with the song... I like it...'

The LALD screams (first one especially) were indeed awesome!

• Like 3

Coma was by far the highlight of the show for me, even though there were many great moments. But Coma is probably my second favorite GNR song ever and hearing the play it now was just insane. The lights and everything fit the song perfectly. Hope they keep it in the setlist.

The intro to Better was also cool as hell. Not sure if it fit the song, but nevertheless it sounded badass. Maybe it would fit some new song better. Or maybe I just need to get used to it. Slash's solo on that song didn't really work for me though. I liked his TIL solo more. It was very different and made TIL a much darker song. I loved the way Chinese Democracy sounded. Very raw and rock n' roll.

Axl's vocals were hit and miss. Sometimes it sounded too much like Mickey, for example on SCOM. But overall he sounded great. No reason to complain.

Really refreshing that they're starting the shows with ISE. The setlist was fucking great!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

As much as I love Slash...stick to hte original solos no Chinese Democracy songs..they are way better than Slash's improvisations... if not hand it over to Fortus... and the intro riff to Chinese Democracy sounded weak...Richard should have played it...

I prefer for Them to experiment N' push the limit of ChiDem so that ChiDem songs will be much more better than the album......