04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

RICHARD FORTUS is out of This World on KOHD, This Guy is close to be a GENIUS. What a phenomenal Guitar player. He must get a solo spot. 

Slash/Fortus is The best Guitar combo since 1991. 

Edited by Caraibes
  • Like 3

Makes you wonder what exactly convinced anyone to put Ashba in the band.

Bucket, Finck and even Bumblefoot I can kind of get - for a mixture of song-writing, tone and shred capacity...

But the Ashba years... my oh my

This is epic!

Only thing missing is new music.

Just now, Caraibes said:

RICHARD FORTUS is out of This World on KOHD, This Guy is close to be a GENIUS. What a phenoménal Guitar player.

Slash/Fortus is The best Guitar combo since 1991. 

Fortus does play freaking great. But the total lack of interaction between him and Slash is a bit of a headscratcher.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pugachev said:

I dont think that explains it at all. His tone carried on the same through the rest of the tour. It changed some during the Snakepit era, then again with VR. I think he used a Vintage Modern with the Jubilee head in stereo. I've heard the 2555x and it doesnt sound THAT much different than the original model. And his cabs are still just a box with V30s. Curious to see what his setup is for this tour. I wonder who is tech is these days?

He's back with Adam Day for this GNR Tour

8 minutes ago, Karri said:

As far as I'm aware Fortus has collaborated in some capacity with Slash before and Slash wanted Fortus before for some project.

They sound great and they're happily married finally.

Slash co-wrote and played on "Lock And Load" by The Dead Daisies, when Fortus and Dizzy were still on the band.

1 minute ago, pugachev said:

I dont think that explains it at all. His tone carried on the same through the rest of the tour. It changed some during the Snakepit era, then again with VR. I think he used a Vintage Modern with the Jubilee head in stereo. I've heard the 2555x and it doesnt sound THAT much different than the original model. And his cabs are still just a box with V30s. Curious to see what his setup is for this tour. I wonder who is tech is these days?

Adam Day is his tech once again! I guess he figured if he was gonna go all out GNR then he needed to bring back his old GNR guitar tech! But back to his sound, Slash used alot more effects now than he used to. I've seen videos of his rig as recent as 2013 and his signal chain was alot longer than it used to be. That could play a factor too.