Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

3 hours ago, Strange Broue said:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/original-acdc-singer-dave-evans-is-ready-to-return-to-the-band/

Lol, he was my first (some sort of joke) thought after i heard the sad news about Brian

Seems like he wants this paycheck since 1974

Seeing former members playing songs of subsequent members is weird. It is rather like Gilby Clarke playing Sweet Child O' Mine, but, even worse in this instance because Highway to Hell and Let there be Rock were composed later than Evans' tenure - at least Gilby had experience playing those songs as part of the band on the Illusion tour!

Yes, his voice is dreadful on those two clips.

• Like 1

He's like the Pitman of AC/DC - an arrogant prick who piggybacks on the success of the band that he had absolutely nothing to do with. He tours and plays AC/DC heavy set lists which makes zero sense because aside from two mediocre songs on their first recording he's got nothing to do with those songs or the band's success.

• Like 1

For what it's worth - AC/DC Brazil tweeted that the band is scheduled to meet this week to discuss the plan going forward. Their exact words were "moving on" which could be interpreted as calling it a day, but it seems they meant the former.

When asked about their source, all they said was that we'll find out soon. Hopefully that means in the next week or so we'll know what the hell is going on.

They're well informed for the most part. I think AC/DC Italy is the "not to be trusted" one. I'm pretty sure Slade keeps in touch with AC/DC Brazil since he's been interviewed by them (a few years ago mind you).

If thats true I'd literally lose all respect for AC/DC. Its laughable to hear it coming from Jim Breuer of all people, but he's a MASSIVE AC/DC fan and I doubt he'd saying this if it was a blatant lie. Seems like he got all the info, including the communication is "not what you think" which is probably the most telling if true.

Seriously, I'd have to really reexamine AC/DC if that treatment is true. Thats incredibly harsh.

If this is even half true, it turns replacing Bon Scott from "carrying on out of respect for his memory" into opportunistic assholery of the highest degree from the Young family, particularly Angus. Desperately hope Breuer is getting bad intel...

I'm calling bullshit. It sounds like speculation based on the radio silence and Brian's low spirits. I don't doubt he feels terrible about the situation. Maybe they truly are finding a way to make it work despite the doctor's orders. If this does turn out to be true, I'll find it very hard to swallow. I'm all for Angus continuing for as long as he wants - just not as AC/DC. I just don't see this being true. This is the same group of guys who gave Phil a million chances and called Slade back even though they could have hired some cheap studio drummer. They've always had a strong sense of loyalty to one another. Why would Angus tear that from Brian now?

• Like 2

Breuer is backtracking HARD:

https://www.facebook.com/JimBreuer/?ref=nf

http://loudwire.com/acdc-brian-johnson-kicked-to-the-curb/?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=newsletter_4511503

One minute video at the top of his Facebook page and updates to the Loudwire article of tweets. Jim looks stupid here if this isn't true. He keeps saying "he wasn't quoting" and a lot of it is just venting, but then where the fuck do you pull "my bags were back in my driveway" and he still "feels like a hired gun". Thats not venting or exaggeration, thats plain and simple lying. I can't tell if Breuer is just trying to backtrack on this is just a massive fuck up on his part. I'm hoping everything we've learned about AC/DC these past 40 years points to the latter.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Either they dumped his bags at his door and never sent him a 'get well' card, or they did precisely that. I hate these whimmy whammy backtracking apologies. Why say it if it is not true?

Exactly. The only reason I believed it is cause they ARE friends, so it sounded plausible and maybe Brian couldn't say anything. I don't understand why he'd risk his friendship with Brian by making shit up, if thats indeed what he did.