What direction do you want Guns to take (if they do new music?)

You know what I want? And GNR I hope you're listening. 

2 albums released together, Like UYI. 12 songs on each. One titled Alpha, with the best of leftover CD songs and ones originally worked on by the band before Slash quit. The second album titled Omega, with all new material recorded later this year. Released in 2017 as their final album(s) and select cities around the world to be toured in 2018 as a farewell. 

There's no better ending than that. Let's make it happen! 

My personal wants are a proper follow up to Appetite. Honestly, there never was one. I like the Illusions but to be honest there was so much experimentation on those albums and they were a bit schizophrenic sounding. I just want a straight out rock-n-roll album without all the sound effects and synth crap! I want an album that sounds like what made me love Guns to begin with. To be blatantly truthful, Slash has made several albums over the years with VR, Snakepit, Solo, and Conspirators that all have sounded more Guns to me than anything that ended up on Chinese Democracy! They need to be what made them great, again...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tajandreas said:

You know what I want? And GNR I hope you're listening. 

2 albums released together, Like UYI. 12 songs on each. One titled Alpha, with the best of leftover CD songs and ones originally worked on by the band before Slash quit. The second album titled Omega, with all new material recorded later this year. Released in 2017 as their final album(s) and select cities around the world to be toured in 2018 as a farewell. 

There's no better ending than that. Let's make it happen! 

That would a perfect scenario.Would love,much like most fans to have Izzy back in fold for new music for he was so integral to their sound and songwriting and that made then so special 

• Like 1

I don't want it to be like AFD, I want it to be heavier. I want a tonne of axl screams and Slash tearing the shit out of his guitar. There's only one AFD, but I would like a new album to heavier, kinda of like better but less industrial and more kind of like black sabbath. But maybe that's just me.

P.s. definitely no more this I love style cringe ballads.

• Like 4

Any direction that involves releasing music. Like Slash said, "Let's just be guns n'fuckin roses". Hopefully if there is a next album, they go that road rather than copying the next pearl jam/NIN sounding band and then spending another decade air brushing it with pro tools. No more quests for groundbreaking experimental music.

I'd love to see a true follow-up to UYI 2. More stuff like Locomotive, pretty tied up, and YCBM.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Don't listen to him. Len awaits the Wembley announcement with his 'presale codes'. He has his cash ready. He wants the lanyard - the whole works. (He is actually a secret Nightrain member!).

The amount of spunk on my Axl and Slash onstage together poster is appalling :lol:

Id say alot could be going on behind the scenes, Perfect time to re-negotiate their record deal.

Slash is a pretty big draw when it comes to selling records and the record label know this.

Any Guns record with Slash on board will sell alot more than a record without him, Particularly in the USA.

If they don't capitalise on this with a new record it would be absolute proof that its just a nostalgia tour for a cash grab

Something raw with an attitude like Lies/Izzy......

Just hit record, do one or two takes, and f'n release it. We have more than enough over produced garbage in the music industry already, and they ain't going to set the world on fire with a new single anyway...... best they can hope to do is kickstart a revival in rock n roll, and that means going back to basics with catchy riffs, an over-indulgent guitar solo, and Axl screaming the fuck about everything that is wrong with world today.

If the next album will be experimental/industrial/etc, or full of soppy self-indulgent crappy ballads, or multi-layered Over-Pro-Tooled garbage then I'll politely give it a miss. I'll go enjoy Izzys homemade webcam releases because they're authentic and much easier for me to relate to, even if they are just cover songs :shrugs::headbang:

Just my opinion :)

• Like 3

I miss 5 o'clock Somewhere Slash.

World on Fire with Axl wouldn't be very interesting to be honest.

Nor would CD with Slash.

They need the Izz man. Pride won't allow it though, I reckon... Even some of VR's more interesting moments on Contraband were Izzy. Give the man all the avacados he desires and make history once again.

Edited by Ant

I've always found it odd that you have one of the greatest rock n' roll singers of the last thirty years - and by 'rock n' roll' I mean three guitars, drums, raw production, blues based - and he seemed that he was determined to expunge 'rock n' roll' from his bag of tricks, replacing it with overdubs and 1990s trend-setting (e.g. numetal, industrial). It is rather like hacking your arm off. For instance his best album was recorded in thirty days!! It is as if Axl does not know what he does best.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Wherever they want to go with it/what comes out naturally.

Blatant recreation albums like Temallica's Death Magnetic or Sabbath's 13 are in my opinion a total waste, say if a new album (lol, sorry-it's habit by now) was that same type of affair where every song is basically making a "new" song out of the bones of a classic then I'd prefer it's just left alone.

Whatever they do, I just hope it's something new and not a blatant rehash of past glories.

2 hours ago, HeartbreakerWoman said:

This lineup, is in my opinion, a powerhouse, and I think it'd be a waste if they passed up the chance they have to make at least 1, 2 new songs if not a full album...
That said, if they were to make new music, what's the kind of stuff you want to here?
I'd like to hear some fusion of Slash's solo work with Axl's more experimental direction at least on one song. Something akin to Led Zeppelin's Caroselambra...A meeting in the middle. I'd love to hear another 10 minute progressive-esque song in the vein of Coma or Locomotive. I mean a slim 4 minute rock song is cool too, but I want something of higher artistic value than that myself...Which I feel they're more than capable of even now.

Is there a chance of being totally agreed with such a long and detailed description??

Yes.. There is.. Cause im totally 100% with u on this.  Word by word.

I just really hope for an entire album .

Lets face it .. This guys are true artists., so to put out something called " a GUNS N' ROSES RECORD" its gonna take some time (especially for axl standards)

Every one of the record labels must be dying for a record (s) deal with GNR.  And right now the boys are showin how huge gnr actually is with all those enormes sold outs, magic performances, etc.  So im pretty sure right now its like an auction kind of thing. Theyre gonna keep hearing ofers untill some label puts a blanck check on the table ( wich is gonna happen for sure at some point)

So, since theres so much unreleased old/new/uyi/cd/unknow material, the guys are sober, theyre getting along pretty good and they seems to be confortable with each other right now, of course theyre not "hateing the piles of money theyre getting right now and being offered" ,.,  and most important WE'VE BEEN TOLD THAT THEY'VE BEEN ON STUDIO the last few months.  So...

Im 100% positive we're getting a new GUNS N' ROSES record sometime between the end of 2016 and february/march 2017 

It sounds too good to be truth?  Well, thats the same thoght most of u had 9 months a go when rumors of gnr started.  AND HERE WE ARE NOW,  ARE WE??

peace

SEPTEM

The industrial sound seems a bit dated  to me now, no drum loops!   Build around Slash's signature guitar style and go for an organic approach. Mix some 3-4 minute rockers that rip your face off along with some longer epic tunes.  Keep it to 1-2 ballads.

Edited by GnRFL
  • Like 1