Axl and Queen

I have always been wondering if Axl could be the frontman of Queen. Since he always cited Queen as his major influence, especially at Wembley Freddie Tribute 1992 saying - Queen is art..

Now back to the present day.. in an era that nobody thought would be possible (GNR reunion and Axl/DC)... I mean I understand that Queen lately hasn't been active but if they would love to seal their legacy I absolutely think Axl would be an appropriate frontman for the farewell tour. I mean he certainly has the vocal range that suits the band..

Thoughts?

Edited by scooby845

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Think you've mistaken Queen for the Sex Pistols?

1) Honestly Dies'! That response was the next step down from 'neeeurgh, so's your Mum' :lol:

2) No, I am 100 million percent sure, I am talking about Queen, y'know Queen, with the Indian poof with the tache and goofy teeth and the leotard?  That one yeah.  The one with the guitarist whoose hair looks like he's been in a spin dryer?  That one.  The 'bring ballet to the masses' band.  Yeah, that one :lol:  I'm suprised at you really, as someone who has never been found wanting in the crusade to take the mickey out of the effete and poncey that you'd let a collection of massive quims as Queen get away with it.

Really though, bag of shite :lol:

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

I mean I understand that Queen lately hasn't been active

As far as I remember Adam Lambert is Queen's vocal since 12'... they don't need Axl. 
GNR needs Axl to sit down and record some fucking songs with Slash N' Duff. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

1) Honestly Dies'! That response was the next step down from 'neeeurgh, so's your Mum' :lol:

2) No, I am 100 million percent sure, I am talking about Queen, y'know Queen, with the Indian poof with the tache and goofy teeth and the leotard?  That one yeah.  The one with the guitarist whoose hair looks like he's been in a spin dryer?  That one.  The 'bring ballet to the masses' band.  Yeah, that one :lol:  I'm suprised at you really, as someone who has never been found wanting in the crusade to take the mickey out of the effete and poncey that you'd let a collection of massive quims as Queen get away with it.

Really though, bag of shite :lol:

Are you sure you are not merely acting-out your punk 'persona', recollecting that old anecdote about Vicious and Mercury, and not judging Queen upon the merits of Queen's music? Trust me, there music is terrific. The thing I like about them is they didn't take themselves too serious.

25 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Are you sure you are not merely acting-out your punk 'persona', recollecting that old anecdote about Vicious and Mercury, and not judging Queen upon the merits of Queen's music? Trust me, there music is terrific. The thing I like about them is they didn't take themselves too serious.

I didnt know i had a punk persona.  And No cuz i never mentioned the Vicious Mercury thing although i was expecting it to be brought up.  The reason i dont like em?  Honestly, the musics awful, the lyrics particularly.

17 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

fuck it, Axl should front every band

now thats the spirit... I dont get why many people dont think this is reasonable option...everyone seemed to like Axl when he stepped in 1992 at Freddie tribute...

Edited by scooby845

9 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

now thats the spirit... I dont get why many people dont think this is reasonable option...everyone seemed to like Axl when he stepped in 1992 at Freddie tribute...

Because Axl is Guns N' Roses' singer and we're jealous when he does non-GNR related stuff. :angry:

As a huge Queen fan and as a huge GN'R fan I really can say: NO fuckin way. I love Axl but he hasn't the sensitiveness that is needed to sing Queen songs. I can see him in songs like 'We will rock you' or 'Radio Gaga' but songs like 'Killer Queen' just no. I would hate it. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

I didnt know i had a punk persona.  And No cuz i never mentioned the Vicious Mercury thing although i was expecting it to be brought up.  The reason i dont like em?  Honestly, the musics awful, the lyrics particularly.

How can one not appreciate the lyrical genius of Ogre Battle,

Now once upon a time - an old man told me a fable
When the piper is gone - and the soup is cold on your table
And if the black crow flies to find a new destination - that is the sign
Come tonight
Come to the ogre sight
Come to the ogre-battle-fight

First off, Queen slander will not be tolerated...

But let's be real, as much as I love Axl he couldn't tackle Queen songs. Not at this age. That's not a knock against him either, Freddie's my favorite singer of all time and there aren't many people who can sing his songs. Lambert is "acceptable."

20 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Axl and Freddy just don't have the same style at all in terms of singing, it'd be like replacing Vince Neil with a dying animal

Vince Neil and a dying animal are pretty much the same lol

But NO Axl´s voice/style don´t fit well with Queen material.. I loved him in "We will rock you" and the end of "Bohemian Rhapsody"