What should a new GN'R album consist of?

If GN'R releases an album, what would you prefer it be composed of?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I think they should have a balance between a raw sound that captures the moment kind of like afd but a more of a modern today lyrics. I would also be okay with maybe a song or two on acoustic. I love the acoustic sound on gnr lies and would love to hear another acoustic song.

songs with Axl Slash, Duff on it

Down by the ocean (Izzy song for GNR in the mid 90's) would be cool to hear, though 

4tus said in 2014 that they are working on new material rooted back for the "Slash days". Now that Slash is back it would make sense to work with this material even further

The recent Axl Q & A, Axl said that it would be cool if Slash (and Duff) want to play on some of the material, they are more than welcome to do so, but his wording was showed that he would release an album with the past CD members work on it (Finck/Bucket/Tobias/Dizzy stuff, BBF is doubtful because one of the reasons he fucked off is that Axl doesn't want his songs since the release of CD, DJ is... lol, Pitman is sacked, Brain was worked with them on some capacity in the studio)

Edited by Strange Broue

I would say CD II and UYI III.

I would do a Guns side and a Roses side. A Guns cd and a Roses cd. Release them as one package. 

Guns side - UYI III - New Slash and Duff songs , old 96/VR/Izzy songs. 

Roses side - CD II - it was finished, maybe there's some loose ends to tie up that Slash could help with.  Maybe some parts could be re-recorded, solos etc. 

A self-titled Double cd release "Guns N Roses"

• Like 1

A new Guns N Roses album will never happen. Fans were speculating about new material or the ever elusive "CD2" back in 2012, but the truth is, it's 2016 and Axl hasn't even STARTED work on another album (and we all know how long he takes if he ever does start). There might well be material already written/recorded, but the majority of this is probably by a band that no longer exists. Axl would rather tour with someone elses band than set foot in a recording studio and be creative. Sad but true.

Edited by Towelie

4 hours ago, Strange Broue said:

The recent Axl Q & A, Axl said that it would be cool if Slash (and Duff) want to play on some of the material, they are more than welcome to do so, but his wording was showed that he would release an album with the past CD members work on it (Finck/Bucket/Tobias/Dizzy stuff, BBF is doubtful because one of the reasons he fucked off is that Axl doesn't want his songs since the release of CD, DJ is... lol, Pitman is sacked, Brain was worked with them on some capacity in the studio)

He said "if Slash wants to write or play"

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

CD 2 as is, but with Buckethead's/Robin's/May's/Fortus's original solos/guitar work. No BBF. And with Brain's original drums. No Frank.

Then CD III, (any other songs recorded between 1997-2014 (really 1997-2008)

Then the current lineup material, let's call it the Stay of Execution. All releases should happen within a year to give Axl time to do the packaging as he wants it (cover art/booklet stuff), to give the band time to record it, and to give the label time to delay it.

Edited by Mendez

21 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Songs we've not heard before that are good. Mostly rockers with a couple of epic Axl ballads. Don't care where they come from, what era they were first written, who wrote what, don't care. 

Song writing credits....guns n roses. 

NO! Guns N' Roses credits are stupid Frank, Melissa and Richard don't deserve credit for sure. Everybody should take credit for their song, it's stupid to credit it like whole band Beatles, Stones or any great rock band all have their main guys who write and they didn't credit people who didn't contribute.

Yeah agree there I would like that too mostly kick-ass rockers with some Axl's great ballads.

4 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

NO! Guns N' Roses credits are stupid Frank, Melissa and Richard don't deserve credit for sure. Everybody should take credit for their song, it's stupid to credit it like whole band Beatles, Stones or any great rock band all have their main guys who write and they didn't credit people who didn't contribute.

Yeah agree there I would like that too mostly kick-ass rockers with some Axl's great ballads.

I disagree totally. Song writing credits from UYI are a mess and inaccurate. Only Axl credited for NR and Estranged, really?? That's serious slight to all other musicians on those songs imo. 

Matt as an additional musician..no way! Let's not go back to that shit! 

Just credit it guns n roses....we will all know who's done what anyway. 

I think Axl should just throw everything out and just start fresh with Slash and Duff. I know a lot of people want to hear that, Jackie Chan, silkworms and stuff like that. But that wasn't GNR and it never will be. Just start fresh with Slash and Duff. He's in a good position in his life he should use these positive emotions and energy to make new music with Slash and Duff. Chuck everything else out. Imagine the last 19-20 years never happened.