Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 minute ago, RazorGunner said:

And none of that really matters now, after this latest attack from Adler's brother I am hoping everyone sees the wisdom in not including Adler anymore in any GNR tour. 

Totally not worth the risk or aggravation. 

Oh but this brother gets a pass... exactly why? :suspicious:

ash-the-brother-of-slash.jpg

:lol:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

You neglected to mention that Ash was told to apologize and did so publicly.

http://loudwire.com/slash-brother-apologizes-insulting-axl-rose/

Also, Ash is not Slash's manager as Jamie is Adler's 

You really can't compare Slash's importance in the band with Adler's- that is laughable. :D 

2 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

You neglected to mention that Ash was told to apologize and did so publicly.

http://loudwire.com/slash-brother-apologizes-insulting-axl-rose/

Also, Ash is not Slash's manager as Jamie is Adler's 

You really can't compare Slash's importance in the band with Adler's- that is laughable. :D 

Being "told" to apologize sounds like a sincere action to you? :lol:

Oh please, he hates Axl's guts and obviously, he was FORCED to apologize but that doesn't mean he doesn't feel that way about Axl and the reunion.
If initially he didn't have those feelings, he would have never written such a spiteful thing in first place.

I'm not comparing Slash importance to Adler's, only the attack of the brothers, as you say, and I see a lot in common there: they both defended their family from the bottom of their heart and you can't blame them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Being "told" to apologize sounds like a sincere action to you? :lol:

Oh please, he hates Axl's guts and obviously, he was FORCED to apologize but that doesn't mean he doesn't feel that way about Axl and the reunion.
If initially he didn't have those feelings, he would have never written such a spiteful thing in first place.

I'm not comparing Slash importance to Adler's, only the attack of the brothers, as you say, and I see a lot in common there: they both defended their family from the bottom of their heart and you can't blame them.

You have no proof for your speculation that "he hates Axl" 

I viewed Ash's response as being irritated by fans bothering him asking about the reunion rumors, not that it excuses his response. 

As I pointed out, Ash is not Slash's manager and apologized as he was asked to do. 

Jamie is Adler's manager, his motivation was obviously different than Ash's. 

Jamie's comments weren't that different from Adler's in the interviews he gave after his appearances for his mother's book promotion. Same victim mentality. I have yet to see him apologize, not that it would make a lot of difference at this point. 

I hope this serves as confirmation that keeping Adler away from GNR was the right decision to make. 

1 hour ago, RazorGunner said:

Unless you include sources for quotes you use, they aren't really valid. 

Are you trying to imply I made up the quotes? Regardless of how much we can disagree on things, I thought you were a decent, coherent poster, now I see I was completely wrong.

Here you have the source: http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?pid=54622#p54622

If that's not good enough for you, contact those guys and tell them to scan the magazine for you... :facepalm:

You have three different people saying Adler was helped with his drumming, or didn't write a thing according to Axl. 

Axl said Steven didn't write anything because drum parts don't count as songwriting. What Axl said is true as far as songwriting goes but it has nothing to do with Duff's pathetic lie.

"In the past, Steve used to watch my feet for meter, and I always rush things in certain places-not on purpose. So a lot of our tempos would be all over the place. We just got used to that. A couple of times we had a drummer fill in for Steve on the road, and in the middle of 'Welcome to the Jungle' I'd realize I'm four beats ahead of the drummer. So, now I'm learning to play with an actual musician" (Matt) -From Musician, December 1990

Cool, a quote from the time Slash was really pissed off at Steven saying something that makes no sense.

He simply wasn't this phenomenal drummer that people want to paint him as, and it makes no real business sense to include him when they have a very competent drummer that causes no drama. 

Oh, I thought you were that guy who wasn't into opinions and only cared about facts. I must be wrong since you're throwing your ignorant opinion as a fact.

I like that facts over opinions idea I must say and it's a fact that Chad Smith, Fred Coury (one of those drummers who filled in for Steven that Slash mentioned) and even Brain have spoken wonders of Steven's drumming. And since you believe so much in Duff McKagan's honesty, I'll remind you he claimed Steven became "the greatest small kit, groove drummer in the world".

59 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think he did.

Anyway, it was nice talking to you :lol:

To clarify, I didn't interpret your post as Axl taught Matt how to play and that's actually why I think it can't be compared with the Steven/Duff situation.

47 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Ideally, Izzy and Popcorn would be there, for obvious reasons. But like I've always said if it can't work out(even if it is unfair and for bullshit reasons.) then it is what it is and I'll make do with the current lineup. Despite Frank sucking so much, #FireFrank. I really crave new music and I'm a big Axl fan.

But more than that I am a fan of Guns N' Roses and this is a GNR forum after all so I genuinely don't understand and strongly dislike the boring, creepy, sycophantic types who mindlessly pick a side(it is always Axl's, can't recall ever seeing the opposite.). Instead of being more like @RONIN @BorderlineCrazy and @Blackstar who are practically saints at least if I compare them to myself lol. Seriously, they're so fucking informative, patient and reasonable they are definitely 3 of the best posters on here and yet I still see them having to deal with stupid people from time to time. Mindblowing. This lesson, that no matter what you do and how well you conduct yourself you will never please everyone is precisely why I have mostly given up and just indulge myself with saying whatever I want and tell people to shove keyboards up their asses lol. Everything I say I'd say in-person. I can only imagine how bitter, jaded and angry I'll be once I'm old - God help you all. :lol:

You must be confusing me with someone else but I appreciate you'd be crazy enough to think so highly of me :lol: I totally agree with you about @Blackstar and @RONIN.

On a different note, I felt touched by your Loony Toons story :rofl-lol:

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Are you trying to imply I made up the quotes? Regardless of how much we can disagree on things, I thought you were a decent, coherent poster, now I see I was completely wrong.

Here you have the source: http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?pid=54622#p54622

If that's not good enough for you, contact those guys and tell them to scan the magazine for you... :facepalm:

Wasn't meaning it as some offense, but I have seen people misquote completely and attempt to use that as evidence. 

Axl said Steven didn't write anything because drum parts don't count as songwriting. What Axl said is true as far as songwriting goes but it has nothing to do with Duff's pathetic lie.

I'm cognizant what counts as composing/songwriting and I don't think Duff was lying, all things considered. 

Doesn't change the fact that Adler has courtesy credits. 

Cool, a quote from the time Slash was really pissed off at Steven saying something that makes no sense.

Oh, I thought you were that guy who wasn't into opinions and only cared about facts. I must be wrong since you're throwing your ignorant opinion as a fact.

My opinion isn't "ignorant" simply because it doesn't align with yours. 

If Adler were that talented he would have had bands lined up to work with him despite all of his issues and difficulties. Even alumni were hesitant to include him in any of their projects due to his issues and resultant fallout. 

Only ACDC were considering him back then and they changed their minds quickly when they found out the facts. 

I like that facts over opinions idea I must say and it's a fact that Chad Smith, Fred Coury (one of those drummers who filled in for Steven that Slash mentioned) and even Brain have spoken wonders of Steven's drumming. And since you believe so much in Duff McKagan's honesty, I'll remind you he claimed Steven became "the greatest small kit, groove drummer in the world".

Again- If Adler were that miraculously talented many would be clamoring to work with him, that wasn't the case then and isn't now. 

Many allow emotions and nostalgia to blind them to facts and logic. When Adler was fired, it wasn't a big deal, just a mention with minimal reaction. 

4 hours ago, Natty said:

steven should have also participated to a larger extent but then something happened and they threw him under the bus. They could have waited for his back to heal.. as the whole NITL tour was planned only short time before the various legs happened. 

The 5 of them together were unique and the best hardrock band of that period but every effort on a solo basis was between "meh" and "ok"-  nothing was magical like Guns n Roses. They can deny as much as they want but it is like it is. 

We really don't know what all happened behind the scenes though regarding Adler

And with the NITL dates, as short term as it may or may not have been, in order for those big stadiums to have been booked there has to be a level of commitment ahead of time, you can't just wait

12 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

You have no proof for your speculation that "he hates Axl" 

I viewed Ash's response as being irritated by fans bothering him asking about the reunion rumors, not that it excuses his response. 

As I pointed out, Ash is not Slash's manager and apologized as he was asked to do. 

Jamie is Adler's manager, his motivation was obviously different than Ash's. 

Jamie's comments weren't that different from Adler's in the interviews he gave after his appearances for his mother's book promotion. Same victim mentality. I have yet to see him apologize, not that it would make a lot of difference at this point. 

I hope this serves as confirmation that keeping Adler away from GNR was the right decision to make. 

I'd say Ash doesn't hold Axl in high regards if he goes berserk like that in a post calling him fat and also fat Elvis, lol.....

Yeah, he was irritated by the fans asking him about the reunion but his reaction is disproportionate. He could have avoided all that if he really didn't want to get in trouble.
I think it was a choice to vent like that.

As for Adler, I have always said that Axl and him can't coexist, lol... Axl just can't stand Adler. Never did. And to me that's the only valid reason that I can accept to not have him joining the tour.
If they're still gonna behave like cats & dogs, then better stay away from each other.

Unfortunately, the "reunion" product suffers in quality and we get a half-assed shit that could never top a show with the 5 of them.

I really hope one day they can pull off a ONE TIME show at the least, if the cats & dogs could hold it for 2 hours for the fans, that'd be great.

:shrugs:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Ideally, Izzy and Popcorn would be there, for obvious reasons. But like I've always said if it can't work out(even if it is unfair and for bullshit reasons.) then it is what it is and I'll make do with the current lineup. Despite Frank sucking so much, #FireFrank. I really crave new music and I'm a big Axl fan.

But more than that I am a fan of Guns N' Roses and this is a GNR forum after all so I genuinely don't understand and strongly dislike the boring, creepy, sycophantic types who mindlessly pick a side(it is always Axl's, can't recall ever seeing the opposite.). Instead of being more like @RONIN @BorderlineCrazy and @Blackstar who are practically saints at least if I compare them to myself lol. Seriously, they're so fucking informative, patient and reasonable they are definitely 3 of the best posters on here and yet I still see them having to deal with stupid people from time to time. Mindblowing. This lesson, that no matter what you do and how well you conduct yourself you will never please everyone is precisely why I have mostly given up and just indulge myself with saying whatever I want and tell people to shove keyboards up their asses lol. Everything I say I'd say in-person. I can only imagine how bitter, jaded and angry I'll be once I'm old - God help you all. :lol:

Besides the stuff about me being a saint etc. (:devilshades::lol:) the only other thing I disagree with is the bolded. I think there are fanatics on this forum taking other sides too - maybe less, but they exist.

36 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Man!! Excepting some excerpts from the last four lines of the text, Ash is right. And even in those last 4 lines in which I don´t agree with him, there is something I am forced to agree...yes, Axl is fat!:lol: Anyway,If these eternal whines around the absence of certain ex-members are annoying as a fuck even to some of us, fans.. I can not imagine how it was and it is still annoying for family and friends who are too close to them..

I'd say Ash doesn't hold Axl in high regards if he goes berserk like that in a post calling him fat and also fat Elvis, lol.....

Yeah, he was irritated by the fans asking him about the reunion but his reaction is disproportionate. He could have avoided all that if he really didn't want to get in trouble.
I think it was a choice to vent like that.

I agree that his reaction was disproportionate, and unfortunate but if you are familiar with the way he sometimes responds on social media, it isn't completely out of character.

The point I was making is that he isn't Slash's manager, doesn't represent Slash in any capacity other than being his brother. 

Jamie Adler is Adler's manager, he does represent him in a professional capacity, and therein is the difference. 

As for Adler, I have always said that Axl and him can't coexist, lol... Axl just can't stand Adler. Never did. And to me that's the only valid reason that I can accept to not have him joining the tour.
If they're still gonna behave like cats & dogs, then better stay away from each other.

It may be the only valid reason you can accept, but until the details are made public, if ever- it may not be the complete reasoning in deciding to allow him guest appearances. 

Considering his tumultuous history with the band, I think it was gracious to allow him these appearances. 

If he isn't offered any more, he only has himself to blame. You don't bite the hand that feeds. 

Unfortunately, the "reunion" product suffers in quality and we get a half-assed shit that could never top a show with the 5 of them.

I really hope one day they can pull off a ONE TIME show at the least, if the cats & dogs could hold it for 2 hours for the fans, that'd be great.

:shrugs:

I don't think the 3-union suffered in quality at all, 

Compared to the earlier tours it was like a well-oiled machine and undeniably popular and lucrative. 

I've seen the AFD lineup, the UYI lineup, and subsequent lineups, am not really interested in seeing a forced performance just because some fans think they are owed this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

I agree that his reaction was disproportionate, and unfortunate but if you are familiar with the way he sometimes responds on social media, it isn't completely out of character.
The point I was making is that he isn't Slash's manager, doesn't represent Slash in any capacity other than being his brother.
Jamie Adler is Adler's manager, he does represent him in a professional capacity, and therein is the difference. 

I understand what you're saying, the difference between Slash's bro and Steven's bro, but there is a reason why Ash was forced to apologize, right?

He may not represent Slash or Slash feelings towards Axl at all, but his words were damaging at some capacity, especially because he lashed out at the fans, the fans who buy the tickets.

And by the time, Slash and Axl were still patching up their fragile relationship, so having Slash brother posting such harsh words in social media could have blown the reunion away to hell.

Remember this band has always been weak in 'communication' terms. Some people talking shit. Other people gossiping behind the back. They love drama and many of the issues that led them to the break up are related to miscommunication.

8 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

It may be the only valid reason you can accept, but until the details are made public, if ever- it may not be the complete reasoning in deciding to allow him guest appearances. 

Considering his tumultuous history with the band, I think it was gracious to allow him these appearances. 

If he isn't offered any more, he only has himself to blame. You don't bite the hand that feeds. 

Of course there must be a ton of reasons aside from that. I just think that's the basis for the rest. The origin in which to base all the other reasons.

11 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

I don't think the 3-union suffered in quality at all, 

Compared to the earlier tours it was like a well-oiled machine and undeniably popular and lucrative. 

I've seen the AFD lineup, the UYI lineup, and subsequent lineups, am not really interested in seeing a forced performance just because some fans think they are owed this. 

It wouldn't be cool if it was forced (and more exactly, if it looked forced) but the fans are owed a lot.

They are who they are thanks to the fans. Without an audience you wouldn't have an "undeniably popular and lucrative" tour.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I understand what you're saying, the difference between Slash's bro and Steven's bro, but there is a reason why Ash was forced to apologize, right?

He may not represent Slash or Slash feelings towards Axl at all, but his words were damaging at some capacity, especially because he lashed out at the fans, the fans who buy the tickets.

And by the time, Slash and Axl were still patching up their fragile relationship, so having Slash brother posting such harsh words in social media could have blown the reunion away to hell.

Remember this band has always been weak in 'communication' terms. Some people talking shit. Other people gossiping behind the back. They love drama and many of the issues that led them to the break up are related to miscommunication.

I agree completely, a lot of the band's past problems can be directly attributed to miscommunication and interference by third parties. 

Of course there must be a ton of reasons aside from that. I just think that's the basis for the rest. The origin in which to base all the other reasons.

I think there are a myriad of very viable reasons not to include Adler on a full term basis. It was benevolent to offer him guest appearances, all things considered. 

It wouldn't be cool if it was forced (and more exactly, if it looked forced) but the fans are owed a lot.

They are who they are thanks to the fans. Without an audience you wouldn't have an "undeniably popular and lucrative" tour.

I know this is a source of contention and a very volatile subject, but I don't think the fans are "owed" anything- other than, If fans buy a ticket they are owed a show, if fans buy merchandise they get to own that item, and if fans buy an album they get to own a copy of that music. 

Other than that, no-  fans don't get a say with internal band decisions. 

Excerpt:

You do not own the bands you listen to. You aren’t shareholders. This sense of entitlement has gotten out of control over the last ten years where fans feel that musicians (or writers, artists, etc.) are beholden to them to be accountable for every and all changes and actions a band makes. Like there needs to be a fucking ballot sent out to everyone on the mailing list to have a vote on what move the band should make next. Musicians don’t owe you shit, especially not with the way so many people just download their music anyway or buy from bootlegers instead of from the bands themselves. The only thing I think a band should be obligated to do is be polite to their fans, don’t treat them like plebs or whatever it is you kids call morons these days. 

https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2016/08/08/krieg-s-neill-jameson-on-fan-entitlement-and-what-bands-really-owe-you/

• Like 3