Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

i too remember after...

No, he said it in February 2009, Slash's mum died in June.

3 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Steve basically said about CD and Ax's shit project what we all were thinking.

Speak for yourself :P

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shotsfired cro said:

a) so you honestly think it was not related??

B) I did speak for myself. Furthermore, I will say it out loud, it is one of the biggest crapps ever recorded on a cd. there you have it.

A) I was merely stating that Axl said it in February and Slash's mum died in June. That is all.

B) Anyone can think about CD what they want.

3 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

a) so you honestly think it was not related??

B) I did speak for myself. Furthermore, I will say it out loud, it is one of the biggest crapps ever recorded on a cd. there you have it.

Opinions vary there, CD is one of my favorite albums. 

Axl made the C- comment in February, Slash's mom died in June.

That really has nothing to do with what JA said. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-calls-slash-a-cancer-in-new-chinese-democracy-interview-20090227

http://www.nme.com/news/music/slash-56-1310810

On GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose reportedly calling him "a cancer": 

"You know, that's sorta funny. The fact that he would go and say that — I started thinking about it: I'm around a lot so to him I probably am a cancer. And now the record's doing really well, I'm even more cancerous! And apparently we're gonna be touring Europe at the same time, which will put even more emphasis on the cancer thing!"

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-says-being-called-a-cancer-by-axl-rose-is-sorta-funny/

9 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

“This man right here is what you call a true survivor. He went all the way to the depths of hell and was able to make it back alive. When most died he lived. What an amazing story of redemption my brother has to tell. Salute to the greatest big brother/ grooviest drummer I’ve ever known. This man has a heart of gold. The biggest heart of anyone in his caliber. The most humble, loving, gracious person I’ve and anyone else who’s ever met him has known. If only Slash, Axl, and Duff had 10% of the heart this man had then maybe he would be on tour with GNR. If those guys had an ounce of decency, compassion, love, care, and acceptance maybe they would have allowed my brother to play more then one song in Argentina after they flew him all the way out there and TEASED him to only play one song. ONE SONG ONLY!! The only thing the fans wanna see is Adler back behind the kit especially since the world knows Adler is no longer on drugs or alcohol. It took him longer to drive down the hill from his house to the bottom then he was allowed to perform on stage in Argentina. What kind of inhumane people would ever be that cruel to someone?? Greedy, selfish people only. With out Steven Adler there would never have been GNR or the greatest rock album of all time. Adler did teach Slash his first guitar chord and gave him his first guitar. For all we know if Slash never met Adler he may have never even found the guitar. People forget to often where they come from. Let’s remind Slash right now how he picked up even being the greatest guitar player of our generation. Steven Adler handing you your first guitar. Facts!! Adler’s groove made that album what it is today. That’s why No other drummer since Adler has been able to duplicate that sound in GNR. It’s a gift from God not any drum lesson can teach you what he was born with. They have no heart so that’s why he has to go out and do his own thing. He loves his fans so much and he wants to play for each and everyone of you. Do you actually think Steven Adler got sober and Changed his entire life style to sit around the house and do nothing? NOPE!! He did it, so he can finish what he started. My brother is stronger then ever and will show the world once again this May when he begins his world wide tour with his own band. You would think the guys in GNR would be overly proud that their once fallen brother has returned to health and happiness and would want to share their new found success with him this time around. Well, my brother is alive and well so it’s never too late. I write this because I see a lot of fans making comments on why is Adler doing his own thing and not with GNR. Please ask GNR that Adler would love to be back on stage with GNR. That’s his dream. He’s never been healthier and more alive as you see in all his pics. For those who struggle with addiction and Life issues my brother is an example and inspiration that you can turn your life around and Live a life beyond your wildest imagination. If he can clean up then it proves anyone can. I send all my love and respect to all who read this and love it or those who may disagree with what I said. I felt it was necessary to get this off my chest. GNR is and always will be the greatest 5 piece Rock n Roll band of my generation. I’m just grateful I was a little part of it. My brother is alive and well today and I want the whole world to know this”

I agree with that. Especially with what I have highlighted which was quite disgusting. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Gibbo said:

FB_IMG_1522537619966.jpg

29855605_10216013813044002_1537776953_n.

FB_IMG_1522537633099.jpg

Finally got a chance to read Jamie’s post. Im very straight forward, honestly I don’t think Jamie is out of line at all and he’s right for the most part. I was expecting a lot worse hiding from the comments here. I’ve seen family members express worse. See Fernando, Beta, Natasha Ashba etc

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Finally got a chance to read Jamie’s post. Im very straight forward, honestly I don’t think Jamie is out of line at all and he’s right for the most part. I was expecting a lot worse hiding from the comments here. I’ve seen family members express worse. See Fernando, Beta, Natasha Ashba etc

:lol: He's saying they don't have 'an ounce of decency, compassion, love, care, and acceptance' and they're 'inhumane' 'selfish and greedy'. I don't know where you're from, but around here that's pretty brutal. Are there many more ways to insult someone?

• Like 3

I think it was a group decision for Steven not to be in full-time.

But I don't think Axl hates Steven, I think he just enjoys playing with Frank much more. I think Axl hates Matt, but not Steven. Frank's one of Axl's guys, just like Fortus. And Slash and Duff seem to like him too so I don't see a problem there.

I also believe that Axl's friendship with Slash is too important to him, now that they have talked about everything. I can imagine Axl thinks Steven might ruin things when he says something wrong.

The line up they have now just seems to be the safest as a long-term thing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lio said:

A lot of things happened between Steven giving Slash his first guitar :lol: His brother trying to credit it to him that Slash is now the guitar god he is, is a bit pathetic to me.

And yes, I wonder about Classless Act. Jamie's as angry at all three, he even singles out Slash. Bit odd after he asked his son to support? I wonder how that will go. Must leave some bad feelings for Slash's son?

Gnr members should instruct their family to stay off social media. This kind of rant will never achieve anything positive.

i think Steven put of support Slash son is a good tactics of promotion😑

3 hours ago, Lio said:

:lol: He's saying they don't have 'an ounce of decency, compassion, love, care, and acceptance' and they're 'inhumane' 'selfish and greedy'. I don't know where you're from, but around here that's pretty brutal. Are there many more ways to insult someone?

Sure not all of it is true. Of course there is some level of compassion even from Axl. Those words are nothing compared to the mudslinging from Axl & Sorum primarily. Even Adlers anti CD comments aren’t that bad. Not me but A lot of fans share the same opinions. They are pretty innocent. Not mean spirited at all. Anyway that’s just my opinion. I don’t play favorites with any of the members. Even Izzy’s. I stand by his comments while at the same time acknowledging that the last time he was fully committed to GNR was 89-89 before the recording of the UYI’s began. Duff has always given off a vibe that he is a punk rocker/member & pioneer of Seattle grunge movement while having his cake $$$ and eating it too. IMO money always came 2nd for Slash to 1st being a musician, playing guitar, making music and touring. The divorce might’ve changed that for this semi reunion. 

3 hours ago, Lio said:

Yes😆he not saved not one insult to himself, throw once all insults:lol:

3 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

He’s right that Steven should have been given more than one song in Argentina and that’s all he’s saying.

He’s gone about it a bit too aggressively to do his brother any good though.

I agree that he said relative Argentina gig.

11 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I hung out with Steven back in January at NAMM, and after spending a couple hours around him I understand why they would be hesitant to bring him on the tour full time. And it's not because of drugs.

I have to agree with this as well.  Even besides the drug problem, he’s an immature person.  Which may be endearing in small doses, but definitely not full time.  

• Like 1