Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

39 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Of course he’s going to say something bold, do you expect him to honestly say?

“2017 was great, 2018 will be kinda boring and unsurprising.”

I expect him not to tease a fan base that’s been shit on for 20+ years. At the very least he could say something professional like “I’m not sure what 2018 will bring..we’ll see. There’s a lot on the table but nothing concrete.”

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It refers to a big summer tour, and remasters of AFD... for most bands, that's a big year... but bigger than 2017? that's a stretch. Now if he just represents Axl, and he was talking about Axl having a bigger year this year and that meant AFD remaster, summer tour AND a AC/DC album, then yes, that would be bigger. We don't know, we won't know... and it'll continue to be like that, until they decide to throw us a bone with some info.

34 minutes ago, EricA said:

Are we discussing THIS comment???

...if yes, i can't see how it's related to GnR:question: so what are we talking about?

Yeah. Apparently people are stupid. He posted a pic with his kid and soon to be wife and some desperate GNR fans think it's all about GNR and then they are upset if it turns out to be an average GNR year. Kinda comical, if it wouldn't be that sad.

7 hours ago, PhillyRose said:

Could Fernando’s comment about 2018 being BIGGER than NITL have ANYTHING to do with ChiDem’s 10th ANNIVERSARY being this year? Just a thought .. thoughts?

He never said 2018 would be bigger than NITL.

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I expect him not to tease a fan base that’s been shit on for 20+ years. At the very least he could say something professional like “I’m not sure what 2018 will bring..we’ll see. There’s a lot on the table but nothing concrete.”

Huh? The post doesn't even mention GN'R, it's his personal account, get off his dick, he shouldn't have to censor his posts because you choose to falsely read into them and then start crying into your caesar salad when your arbitrary expectations aren't met.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tonto said:

Huh? The post doesn't even mention GN'R, it's his personal account, get off his dick, he shouldn't have to censor his posts because you choose to falsely read into them and then start crying into your caesar salad when your arbitrary expectations aren't met.

Well if that’s the case then fair to him! He’s had a great year. Got married, is manager of one of the biggest touring acts of all time...life’s good! Go Fernando.

I Thought it was a post in reference to GNR so my mistake 

• GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, PhillyRose said:

Could Fernando’s comment about 2018 being BIGGER than NITL have ANYTHING to do with ChiDem’s 10th ANNIVERSARY being this year? Just a thought .. thoughts?

I merged this with the Unofficial Social Media thread. Please do not start individual topics for things like this in the future. This could've easily been discussed here.

23 minutes ago, Original said:

This......just LOL.  At the risk of fully de-railing this thread let’s imagine if Stephanie never had a maid or whatever.   

Axl still would've found a way to hire the worst possible manager out there. Never underestimate Axl  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lio said:

I've always hated her :P

And yes, he said more alluding to GNR:

Yes,thanks @Lio he said more, but i guess that Fernando big year is just for the summer tour in EUROPE , not such great like he want present.

On 3/24/2018 at 4:53 PM, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. Apparently people are stupid. He posted a pic with his kid and soon to be wife and some desperate GNR fans think it's all about GNR and then they are upset if it turns out to be an average GNR year. Kinda comical, if it wouldn't be that sad.

Right, by all the talk about this quote I assumed he directly had a GNR pic he attributed the quote with or at least mentioned GNR, we have nobody to blame but ourselves if we take that quote as a reason to expect anything more than touring

51 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Right, by all the talk about this quote I assumed he directly had a GNR pic he attributed the quote with or at least mentioned GNR, we have nobody to blame but ourselves if we take that quote as a reason to expect anything more than touring

People tend to speculate, throw out random imaginary scenarios and then blame GNR when none of that happens. An exercise in futility tinged with insanity. :blink: 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

People tend to speculate, throw out random imaginary scenarios and then blame GNR when none of that happens. An exercise in futility tinged with insanity. :blink: 

Unfortunately its the same posters time and time again. They charge in without even thinking objectively and are so blinded by there own views, when it turns out they are the ones who misread the situation, turn and blame a group of people as band members or management. Its clear the post was about his personal life, his family and his personal highlights and for someone to be upset that he does not mention  future GNR plans needs to pull there head in.

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RazorGunner said:

While I agree with that overall, you also have to remember that everyone (including and especially Axl) have flat our promised new music and things coming that have never ever happened.

• Like 1