Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I got told on the 3rd of January 2016 that Adlers brother contacted Slash and was really concerned for Adlers state of mind. Slash said he will taken care of it. 

So if it wasn't for slash Adler would of done no songs.

Slash must still talk to Adler coz his sons band is a support band for him

Edited by Gibbo

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I agree with what a couple others have said. Adler would probably be in full time if he hadn't shit talked CD and NuGN'R a bunch. He's a good guy and a great drummer, but he doesn't know when to shut his mouth sometimes 

Yes,Steven mouth is his worst enemy.

• Like 2

Does anyone actually believe Adler is sober?  Physically, he looks good, but when you hear him talk, he still sounds like a crackhead. 

I enjoyed seeing him play with GnR again, as much as anyone, but it was a moment and it's over.  They are never letting him back in, he (and his family) should just let it go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LikeADog93 said:

His speech is slurred because of a stroke he had in 1996. He's lucky the stroke only messed up his face and not his hand eye coordination. My uncle had a stroke 5 years ago and to this day the whole left side of his body is paralyzed. Steven is very lucky in that regard. And being a recovering heroin addict myself, I can spot an active user from a mile away, and I can tell you with full confidence that Steven is sober.

If you say so.  It's not really his slur I was referring to.  I watched that tv interview he did with his mother to promote her book and I really thought he was on something there.  He was rambling, jumping from topic to topic, didn't seem sober to me.

• Like 2

Steven has said a lot of things about Axl. He has also said things about Slash and Duff. They know Steven says things.

I don't think Axl would be particularly bothered about Steven's CD/NuGnR comments. And he shouldn't be. Steven doesn't have to like CD.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kira said:

If you say so.  It's not really his slur I was referring to.  I watched that tv interview he did with his mother to promote her book and I really thought he was on something there.  He was rambling, jumping from topic to topic, didn't seem sober to me.

If this is the interview you're referring to, there's nothing in here that indicates to me that he's using. Just acting like his normal self. And his normal self has always been hyper or upbeat.

Whereas when I saw this interview, I knew for a fact that he had fallen of the wagon. And not long after that it was announced that they had cancelled the tour and that Steven was going back to treatment. Below is what a person who's not sober looks like, the video above shows a sober Steven.

Edited by LikeADog93
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dgnr said:

It amazes me how there's a bunch of you putting the blame on Steven for not be there cause he talked shit about CD and NuGuns. Why shouldn't he talk his mind? Why shouldn't he say what he thinks about a subject? Just cause he might bother Axl? Really?  :facepalm:

Obviously he has the right of his own opinion, just like everybody else. But always opening up about it in the media? Not the smartest move, especially if your plan is to get back in that very band...

I remember Slash was confronted about CD when it came out, and he said something along the lines of it being the perfect Axl album and that it was cool to hear him again. Does he like the album? Probably not.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

45 minutes ago, Kira said:

Does anyone actually believe Adler is sober?  Physically, he looks good, but when you hear him talk, he still sounds like a crackhead. 

I enjoyed seeing him play with GnR again, as much as anyone, but it was a moment and it's over.  They are never letting him back in, he (and his family) should just let it go.

When Steven stop of talk then start Steven brother😁

4 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Obviously he has the right of his own opinion, just like everybody else. But always opening up about it in the media? Not the smartest move, especially if your plan is to get back in that very band...

Still it was just an opinion, and there was nothing wrong with opening up about it in the media. I don't think even Axl would expect Steven to say he liked it or to give a diplomatic answer.

Some other things Steven has said, like, for example, calling Axl crazy and nuts, could have bothered Axl, but I'm not sure if it all has to do with what Steven has said, because that's just how Steven is and they all know it, even Axl.

Axl will probably want to play with his hack band — his band of hacks. ‘Axl and His Hacks’ — it shouldn’t even be Guns N’ Roses. He’s just driving that name into the freakin’ ground. ‘Axl and His Hacks

Read More: Steven Adler Calls Guns N’ Roses Lineup ‘Hacks’ + Reaffirms His Desire to Reunite at Rock Hall | http://loudwire.com/steven-adler-calls-guns-n-roses-lineup-hacks-reaffirms-his-desire-to-reunite-at-rock-hall/?trackback=tsmclip

Edited by Gibbo

17 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Still it was just an opinion, and there was nothing wrong with opening up about it in the media. I don't think even Axl would expect Steven to say he liked it or to give a diplomatic answer.

Some other things Steven has said, like, for example, calling Axl crazy and nuts, could have bothered Axl, but I'm not sure if it all has to do with what Steven has said, because that's just how Steven is and they all know it, even Axl.

If you read Steven brother rant he put more the focus in Slash and not much in Axl.

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

It amazes me how there's a bunch of you putting the blame on Steven for not be there cause he talked shit about CD and NuGuns. Why shouldn't he talk his mind? Why shouldn't he say what he thinks about a subject? Just cause he might bother Axl? And, because of that, he should just shut his mouth? Really?  :facepalm:

He should be free to speak his mind but if you wanna join the circus you gotta respect the owner :lol:

Axl and Steven NEVER got along. This is obvious and known for any fan that knows the GN'R story. I'm not sure this is all about Steven disliking CD, rather Axl disliking Steven for all the reasons in the world.

Steven embodies everything Axl dislikes in a person and will always be a guy who will tell Axl the things he doesn't wanna hear. Axl owns the band, he would never accept someone on it who causes conflict with him. That's why Sorum isn't there either.

i don't know but to me this is very clear and simple. Steven is not there because Axl doesn't like him and never did. Slash and Duff may be assholes as well but they don't own the band, so they might lobby for Steven like there's no tomorrow and it would still be Axl's decision to allow him or not. However, I think Slash and Duff reasons for not wanting Steven may be related to the "loot" and not so much because of personal issues.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I mean. Maybe if Adler wasn't actively shit-talking NuGN'R, Axl would have been a bit more open to him being a part of the reunion. I don't know where Duff and Slash stand with Adler nowadays, but I can't imagine Axl is his biggest fan after some of the comments he made...

Axl called Slash "cancer"...right after his Mother died from cancer.

The only thing I disagree with Steven's brother is that absurd comment about his drumming being a gift from God. Other than that I can't really point anything that's wrong in his comment. It may be a bit harsh and not exactly helpful for Steven but it must have been hard for him to see Steven suffer for this situation and for the way he got treated by his "friends". He must have been biting his tongue for quite a while. 

Btw, people always have this idea of "Steven talks shit about Axl" or "maybe he'd be back if he knew when to shut his mouth" but no one seems to remember Axl's comment like saying the drumming on Appetite is outdated (WHAT?!) or calling Steven's mother a nightmare. Difference may be that Steven actually apologized for his 'hacks' comment and had plenty of nice things to say about Axl. When was the last time Axl said anything nice about Steven?

Anyway, let's hope in the fucked up world of Guns N' Roses this will work for the best in some weird way like Ash's "fat Axl" comment :lol:

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

A lot of things happened between Steven giving Slash his first guitar :lol: His brother trying to credit it to him that Slash is now the guitar god he is, is a bit pathetic to me.

And yes, I wonder about Classless Act. Jamie's as angry at all three, he even singles out Slash. Bit odd after he asked his son to support? I wonder how that will go. Must leave some bad feelings for Slash's son?

Gnr members should instruct their family to stay off social media. This kind of rant will never achieve anything positive.

• Like 1

It seems to me that comment was originally directed to fans in a way to answer why is Adler doing this tour, but from 1st sentence went in wrong direction and become Slash, Axl, Duff bashing...

Public people should be aware that everything they say or post will be measured and quoted all over the world today... 

So any small chance maybe left for Adler to participate in some way with GNR is today even smaller or disapeared - this time blame would be in his camp...

4 hours ago, Kira said:

To be honest with the way steven speaks is related to his stroke, and its no worse than duff who mutters and sounds like ozzy.

I have no issue with steven speaking his mind as the answers hes been giving in interviews has given us an insight into the relationship between axl-slash and duff during NITL tour - for better or worse.