07/12/17 - Nijmegen, NL - Goffertpark

alfierose

5 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

After Coachella Angus should have never come back.  It is so tired and played out now... We already have to deal with the Seeker, now we have an Angus worship session every night while Don't Damn me or Slither don't get played.

Seriously. If you ask the 50,000 people who attended, wether they want to hear Slither/Don't damn me or whether they rather want to see a legend like Angus, the majority will say Angus. The majority of the people there don't even know Slither or Don't damn me, because shows like this do not consist of exclusivly die hard GNR fans, but rockfans or radiofans, who know the hits.

@Asia
Can't help it that every post of yours I see consists of bitching and moaning... just like what miserable cunts usually do.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 3

I'm sure Angus came on stage tonight because he lives in the Netherlands, not far from the venue even, and he and the band obviously like performing a song together. I wasn't there, but I'm sure most people in the crowd loved it, too. I don't really see what the problem is, if you can't stand the guy, use that time to take a leak or to get another beer. Big deal.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

If people in the stadium really HATED Angus presence, like some looneys here suggest, they would have booed the hell out of him.

Rock audiences, for most part, are rough and do not get fooled just like that. If something bothers them, they will react.

Understimating the power of crowd is for silly people.

From the few videos and streams posted, it seems that most people were enjoying the show (with and without Angus) and I think it is a great fuckin' treat for the last show in Europe.

Paying a ticket for Guns N' Roses and on top of that, having a rock legend playing an extra song.... I don't know who could possible feel annoyed about that :shrugs:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Why does Axls face look unnaturally smooth. He is a guy in his 50s.. where  is his stuble? Even a clean shaven will have stuble

Shaves soon before a show and puts some sort of face mask or moisturiser on I'd figure.

13 minutes ago, Asia said:

The difference between Angus and the Who is that Who is really legendary and Angus doesn't even come close to them. But if you ask me wheather I would like GNR to play 3 Who songs instead of their own and wheather I would want that on their show, the answer is simple - No.

Exactly. The same guest every second or third show? It's ridiculous.

angus is a legend, no other way about it

37 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Not a Biffy fan?

who? lol i honestly didnt have a clue. you just made me youtube a couple songs and i can honestly say no im not... i was referring to billy talent which i saw last time in totonto and our lady peace which ill be "seeing" in a month in montreal. if angus shows up which he probably wont id be like meh it made my purchase a little more valuable but i dont really care... just sucks that metallica is playing the same venue as gnr in a week from now. tickets are cheaper and a7x and volbeat are opening... given that metallicas set surely wont be as long as gnrs but im really starting to wonder who books these opening acts (im lookin at you tb) might as well get hootie and the blowfish ffs lol would love to see bach up there at least

30 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I'm sure Angus came on stage tonight because he lives in the Netherlands, not far from the venue even, and he and the band obviously like performing a song together. I wasn't there, but I'm sure most people in the crowd loved it, too. I don't really see what the problem is, if you can't stand the guy, use that time to take a leak or to get another beer. Big deal.

You should have seen the crowd responding to Angus. Immediatly energized. Great vibe. Crowd in golden circle was on fire 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Bring that new AC/DC album home Axl!

Only reason I will apologize for all the crap I give his vocals will be if he is going into the studio soon...and if it's an AC/DC album that would be huge. 

I'll never wait/anticipate/hope/ or pray for a new gnr album....that's a waste of time 

1 minute ago, TupacShakur said:

someone make a sign that says "play don't damn me" and hold it up infront of axl next show

Atleast hold up Perfect Crime...we know that's in the setlist

35 minutes ago, killuridols said:

If people in the stadium really HATED Angus presence, like some looneys here suggest, they would have booed the hell out of him.

Rock audiences, for most part, are rough and do not get fooled just like that. If something bothers them, they will react.

Understimating the power of crowd is for silly people.

From the few videos and streams posted, it seems that most people were enjoying the show (with and without Angus) and I think it is a great fuckin' treat for the last show in Europe.

Paying a ticket for Guns N' Roses and on top of that, having a rock legend playing an extra song.... I don't know who could possible feel annoyed about that :shrugs:

Asia. But he's the only one. :P Would have given you (and EvanG and Axl_Morris) a "like", but I'm out of likes for today.

9 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

How'd Axl sound tonight? 

Any good vocal moments?

setlist looked amazing, crowd looked incredible, Angus+Slash is a sight always, so that's great! Just need Axl on board 

I think he sounded just great. Amazing how he's able to perform over 3 hours and still have lots of power in his voice at the end. Loved how he did BHS. Nightrain was a highlight for me, Patience sounded just great. SCOM should be dropped of setlist. Great respons from audience for that song, but I can't stand Axls nowadays  sound on it. 

• Like 1

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

Only reason I will apologize for all the crap I give his vocals will be if he is going into the studio soon...and if it's an AC/DC album that would be huge. 

I'll never wait/anticipate/hope/ or pray for a new gnr album....that's a waste of time 

I can make the same promise as well.

If Axl releases a new GnR album, and (if Angus agrees) a new AC/DC album. I won't ever again say shit about Axl! 

(I'm using the same strategy used in the movie Ransom here)

• Like 1

Just now, Ender04 said:

I think he sounded just great. Amazing how he's able to perform over 3 hours and still have lots of power in his voice at the end. Loved how he did BHS. Nightrain was a highlight for me, Patience sounded just great. SCOM should be dropped of setlist. Great respons from audience for that song, but I can't stand Axls nowadays  sound on it. 

SCOM is a downer when the vocals hit...really should be a highlight of the show as well as NR, I'd love to see Axl switch up his approach to these knowing these are fan favorites 

For the people who hate Angus Young:

GnR has played about 80 shows so far, and the guy has appeared in 6 of them for 2 songs, which (with the exception of one show in Australia, I think) didn't replace any of the regular songs in the setlist. The band played its full set plus these two songs.

It's okay if you don't like him (to each their own), but why do you make such a big deal out of it?

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

For the people that hate Angus Young:

GnR has played about 80 shows so far, and the guy has appeared in 6 of them for 2 songs, which (with the exception of one show in Australia, I think) didn't replace any of the songs in the regular set. The band played its full set plus these two songs.

It's okay if you don't like him (to each their own), but why do you make such a big deal out of it?

Only 6 times??? That includes Coachella and the Australia dates? seems like more, but I guess not. 

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Some people just like to complain. If they didn't do that, they'd have nothing to say. Being a contrary asshole is apparently fun.

• Like 2