07/27/17 - St Louis, MO - The Dome

31 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

I actually started the line at 3AM (the earliest I've ever done that, and ever will). Here's me and my friends that showed up immediately after:

FB_IMG_1501233805632.thumb.jpg.18589a30038f0d8f9c606408695b2d60.jpg

I had been up for 24 hours by that point, so at 6AM I ended up going back to lie down for a few hours and ended up getting up just after 9AM or so and heading back to the line. And no, VIP does NOT take up the front. There were maybe less than 15 Early Entry people in there (5 of which were my friends anyway) when we got in and I got the spot I wanted, so it's always totally worth it to me.

The show was great. Didn't expect any surprises, but the slightly longer set and a super happy, excited, chatty-Axl were definitely bonuses.

Next stop is Miami for me. Can't wait.

FB_IMG_1501233525347.jpg.1adb1455a3be24ccc6bb93cca89f5d3c.jpgFB_IMG_1501233548017.jpg.e7538c4c04fd87cbfa96f13a9735715c.jpg20170727_225952_wm.thumb.jpg.f1a22f9f58e65241c9f71c16df807d04.jpg20170728_043635_wm.thumb.jpg.79076ccf774b4ede782b0e08fc21221d.jpg

Axl was in a GREAT mood! I've never seen him that chatty before.  Awesome show.  It was great finally meeting everyone!  Hershey is next for me and I can't wait....

5 hours ago, triad said:

Axl at the end of Rocket Queen, after singing "All I ever wanted was for you to know that I care", doffing his hat and bowing slightly while holding it over his heart;

Wow awesome! Thanks for describing that moment.

Thanks to the attendees who wrote descriptions and reviews here, I've just caught up and it sounds mind-blowing!!

Edited by money honey
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

-Say what you will about Axl's voice but when you see this band in person, his voice is the last thing you're concerned about. Axl can still bring it. 

To be fair, everyone following along could tell he was in good form last night too.  When people criticize it is usually somewhat warranted and there have been some recent shows where people who attended even commented on it here. He sounded good last night, you could tell him and Slash were giving it all they had.. Hopefully they keep it up for the rest of the NA tour!

Anyone know how long the show clocked in at?

• Like 3

Is Slash playing a tiny snippet from "Third Stone From The Sun" (Hendrix) here in at the 3:10 mark? If so, nice little touch.. The band is really tight on this one.  Axl struggles a bit at the end but that is to be expected.

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

99.99% of the forum had a good time last night, that is incredible, what a show!

I just checked in and clicked on a periscope link near the end of Civil War and was hooked...  Other than letting my dog out during BHS I sat on my couch and was glued until the end of Nightrain when I had to go to bed..

• Like 1

i'm pretty sure stump was about 20 feet right of the horns against back rail of pit.

noticed axl and duff wearing STL area shirts.  seemed they did everything the could to endear themselves to STL.

not a lot of fun filming for 10 mins.

5th time i've seen them in about 15 months but still great time.

0727172012.jpg

Edited by telly
  • Like 3