"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

21 hours ago, Sosso said:

Red Dragon 

The Silence of the Lambs 

Hannibal 

Wow! Awesome night of movie watching. All three of those movies were amazing.

I watched:

The Suicide Squad  The new release.

Very good. funny and the killings were awesome and gory! Love the shark so much. Loved how Sly made fun of his voice. and of course Harley Quinn kicked major ass! Some surprises I liked and some I didn't. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Currently in lockdown and going through Tarrintino movie's. Just finished H8teful Eight, Django, I Bastards. Cinematic masterpieces.

All amazing movies for sure. Quentin is a genius. Can't believe he'll do one more movie and then retire. I'm sure he'll go out with a bang!

Did you see "Once upon a time in Hollywood" another awesome movie and great music too.

• Like 1

The Burnt Orange Heresy(2019).  I was interested in this movie mostly because Mick Jagger is in it. But I was pleasantly surprised, it's a solid movie. Ol' Mick has a fairly small role, although important, as a sleazy rich art dealer. Donald Sutherland is perfect as an elderly iconic artist. The two leads are good but the guy seems a bit old for that role. The movie is based on a novel.

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

All amazing movies for sure. Quentin is a genius. Can't believe he'll do one more movie and then retire. I'm sure he'll go out with a bang!

Did you see "Once upon a time in Hollywood" another awesome movie and great music too.

Quentin is a genius and love the way collects and references over movies. I'm sure his movies will be discussed and analysed in film schools around the world for many years to come.

Yeah saw "Once" at movies and loved it. Saving that for Friday. Today we'll start on Grindhouse, love the fake trailers. 

"sleepy hollow" with Johnny Depp

Hadn't watched this in a while. Still a super good movie. Christopher Walken is awesome! The man is a great actor. He really chewed up the scenery in this movie.

On 8/28/2021 at 12:55 PM, lame ass security said:

Definitely guilty pleasures of mine. Loved William Forsyth's Richie in Out For Justice, had some great one liners. He was talking to this chick who told him no and he said, " who are you, what's her name, Nancy fuckin' Reabush?" 😄classic. 

I met William at a horror convention years ago in Dallas.  I told him how much I really hated his character in this movie. lol

He talked about the gigilo movie he was in and how much fun he had doing it with Roy S. He was such a nice guy. It was so great to meet him.

On 8/23/2021 at 3:09 PM, jimisbatman said:

Yeap, and loved it. Cinematic masterpiece. The attention to detail,wow.

I know I love this movie and the last 45 minutes is killer literally. lol

I saw Quentin on a talk show, forgot which one, and he said that he has a room in his house full of albums. Before he begins writing a movie, he listens to certain albums and then writes the movie around it. I thought that was freaking genius.  Anyway, he told Bill Mahr, he's doing one more movie and then that's it. His reasons made sense, but his movies are so damn amazing I can't imagine not seeing any more. guess time will tell.

On 8/8/2021 at 8:04 PM, Sosso said:

Alfred Hitchcock's Marnie 

This is one of my mom's favorite Hitchcock movies. she never tires of watching it and the secrets that come out were awesome

the only thing that bothers her now is learning how much of a bastard Hitch was to Tippie during the Birds and this movie. And what is really annoying is how neither Sean Connery or Rod Taylor spoke up for her and they were huge stars then. I guess it was a real "boys" club back then. Tippie got her revenge and she's such a wonderful animal advocate. So glad she's had a wonderful long life.

On 8/8/2021 at 8:21 PM, jimisbatman said:

One of my all time favorites

Crazy movie. What a shocking ending.

23 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

"sleepy hollow" with Johnny Depp

Hadn't watched this in a while. Still a super good movie. Christopher Walken is awesome! The man is a great actor. He really chewed up the scenery in this movie.

I met William at a horror convention years ago in Dallas.  I told him how much I really hated his character in this movie. lol

He talked about the gigilo movie he was in and how much fun he had doing it with Roy S. He was such a nice guy. It was so great to meet him.

Roy Scheider?

11 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I know I love this movie and the last 45 minutes is killer literally. lol

I saw Quentin on a talk show, forgot which one, and he said that he has a room in his house full of albums. Before he begins writing a movie, he listens to certain albums and then writes the movie around it. I thought that was freaking genius.  Anyway, he told Bill Mahr, he's doing one more movie and then that's it. His reasons made sense, but his movies are so damn amazing I can't imagine not seeing any more. guess time will tell.

I was sad to hear he was doing only one more movie too. Agreed, the reasons why make sense. Such a good director

11 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

This is one of my mom's favorite Hitchcock movies. she never tires of watching it and the secrets that come out were awesome

I'll add Marine to the list, thanks

On 8/31/2021 at 8:00 AM, Sosso said:

The Fog

I hope it was the original one by John Carpenter.

This is one of my all time favorite movies. Never get tired of watching it. I met John at a Frightmare convention in Dallas and told him how much I loved this movie after Halloween.

Also met Nancy Loomis and told her too. She was super nice.

I watched:

"Sweet Girl" with Jason Moamo.

This movie was awesome and the twist at the end was fantastic! Didn't see it coming, but then after I thought about it, it made perfect sense.

The daughter sings "Sweet Child of Mine" to her dying mom. Very sad. Jason rocked his performance. Shows the man can act as well as kick ass!

Also watched: "Along came a spider" Based on the James Patterson book of the same name, but the movie was totally different from the book. Not bad, but the book is way better.

2 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Hereditary (2018) I didn't see the first 30 minutes or so but what I did see was good, some parts were brilliant.  I thought the ending didn't quite deliver and kind of derailed a bit. But, Toni Collette's performance was fantastic. 

Oh, I love Toni Collette! Will put that on my to watch list! 

• Like 1