"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

6 hours ago, Dean said:

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

I shouldn't have waited so long to see it.

How amazing is this movie? both Brad and Leo rocked it. I love the last 45 minutes when those dummies from Manson come to Leo's house. I screamed the whole time. I love how Quentin builds the slow burn and then kills it at the end. Best 45 minutes in a movie ever! Loved M. Robbie playing Sharon, wish it could have been a true ending for her and her friends.

Anyway, just one hell of a movie. Tarantino is one of the best directors of all time. Always love Kurt too.

Leo with the blow torch was epic!

Brad deserved his oscar for sure. Oh, and loved that dog too.

I saw this movie on HBO last night called "the Empty man" it was 2 and a half hours and confusing as hell. I think I got it, but still not sure.

No one really known in it, but it did keep me watching it. Just super weird. Got me still thinking about it though.

Finished "The Red Road". Bummed that there wasn't a 3rd season because it left things undone. Damn it!

34 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

How amazing is this movie? both Brad and Leo rocked it. I love the last 45 minutes when those dummies from Manson come to Leo's house. I screamed the whole time. I love how Quentin builds the slow burn and then kills it at the end. Best 45 minutes in a movie ever! Loved M. Robbie playing Sharon, wish it could have been a true ending for her and her friends.

Anyway, just one hell of a movie. Tarantino is one of the best directors of all time. Always love Kurt too.

Leo with the blow torch was epic!

Brad deserved his oscar for sure. Oh, and loved that dog too.

It was truly tremendous. The dog was amazing as was all the performances. The ending through me off, as I was expecting Sharon's murder to take place and I was still expecting it when Leo went up the drive with her friend - I knew of the Tate murders from the Manson family, but I couldn't have told you the names, so was oblivious that it was the three responsible for the killings that met their demise in tremendous fashion in the flick. 

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Absolutely loved it. I can understand why some people didnt but for me it was great. Loved the 1969 L.A. setting and the performances were fantastic. As much as I liked Pitt's performance I thought DiCaprio was even better. Not to mention Margot Robbie, awesome.

She is truly unworldly, but the best performance of the movie for me was from our four legged friend! Ha!

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 2:27 PM, Dean said:

It was truly tremendous. The dog was amazing as was all the performances. The ending through me off, as I was expecting Sharon's murder to take place and I was still expecting it when Leo went up the drive with her friend - I knew of the Tate murders from the Manson family, but I couldn't have told you the names, so was oblivious that it was the three responsible for the killings that met their demise in tremendous fashion in the flick. 

She is truly unworldly, but the best performance of the movie for me was from our four legged friend! Ha!

My mom was a teen in 1969 when the Tate murders happened. She loved all the 60's music. Tarantino knows how to pick music for each of his films. I heard him say in an interview, he picks out the music first and then writes the movie around it. He has a room in his house full of vinyl records and starts from there. I thought that was an awesome way to get an idea for a movie. I don't think anyone else works like he does.

yeah, I was afraid to see the ending too. I thought he would have the Tate murders, but when they picked a different house, I knew he was doing his own thing. Just like in Inglorious Bastards with killing Hitler in the movie theatre.

On 7/18/2021 at 2:22 PM, Sosso said:

Fast & Furious 9

Was this good? I usually dvr these movies and speed up a lot of the fast driving car scenes. I honestly hate Charlize T, so if she gets hers in this movie I will be glad to watch it. Was glad to see the Asian guy back. That was a surprise because I thought Jason S killed him.

They do such crazy stunts in these movies. Luckily no one really gets killed in them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

"Freaky" with Vince Vaughn

saw Wedding Crashers 2 weeks ago. The energy of Vince with Wilson is almost too much. I like how Owen Wilson gets out of Vaughn something very funny and warm. If you haven't seen it you should. Freaky was pretty good.

Edited by Rovim

21 hours ago, Rovim said:

saw Wedding Crashers 2 weeks ago. The energy of Vince with Wilson is almost too much. I like how Owen Wilson gets out of Vaughn something very funny and warm. If you haven't seen it you should. Freaky was pretty good.

Well, Vince was awesome in this movie. he's a serial killer who switches places with a teen age girl. It was horror and Vince was funny playing a teen girl.

It was better than I thought it would be.

A 1970's movie "Alice sweet Alice"

On 8/8/2021 at 9:45 PM, lame ass security said:

I caught about five minutes of Meet Frankenstein last night on TCM. Hilarious. The part I saw was when Lou was playing the recorder thing in the pawn shop and the cobra came out of the basket.😄

Yeah, the cobra was terrible looking.  my mom watched all the abbott and costello movies with her dad and then I watched them with her and now we both watch them with my daughter. some times sharing movies with each new generation is amazing.

All our favorite is "Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein".   We still laugh at the same parts. 

I watched this movie on cable called "Falling" with Lance Hendrickson and Viggo Morgensten.  It was so good bit also depressing, but Lance hit his part of a homophobic dad was fantastic. This movie shows how great an actor Lance really is. I actually think he should have been nominated for an award.  Anyway, the movie was very good with some moments that made you angry and others that made you cry.

On 8/8/2021 at 8:41 PM, cqleonardo said:

Mission: Impossible 2.

Terrible movie

I know I've seen all those movies, but don't remember them all. lol I do like the crew that Tom had in these movies though.

• Like 1

The other night I rewatched the two Abrams Star Wars films, Force Awakens and Rise of Skywalker.

Awakens has aged terribly for me, and most of the sequel trilogy’s problems can be traced back to that film.

Rise I enjoyed but only cause I pretended that Awakens and Last Jedi didn’t exist and just “filled in the blanks” with my own head. As a self-contained “epilogue” to the original trilogy, Rise is fine. But as a sequel to Last Jedi (a movie that ive grown to like), it’s terrible.

Edited by rocknroll41