Axl Performing with Billy Joel tonight

20 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

I kind of understand why Billy did not want to perform any GNR song. AC/DC classics suit him better.

Maybe they don't know any GN'R songs? He performs Highway to Hell regularly anyway, so It makes sense for Axl to just sing something they both know. Plus he is in AC/DC now, so yeah. Kind of the perfect scenario which requires no real prep except for a soundcheck. Everybody wins.

13 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

This was all really cool! Hope we get some even better quality videos at some point.

Billy's VEVO page was posting concert clips when they had special guests, but they stopped a while back. 

5 hours ago, AlexC said:

Maybe they don't know any GN'R songs? He performs Highway to Hell regularly anyway, so It makes sense for Axl to just sing something they both know. Plus he is in AC/DC now, so yeah. Kind of the perfect scenario which requires no real prep except for a soundcheck. Everybody wins.

Not according to AC/DCs website he isn't.....

http://www.acdc.com/the-band

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Funny. 

Eddie Vedder joined U2 on stage last night to sing Mothers of the Disappeared. This seems like the thing to do as of late :lol:

And  Duff was in the audience..

now it's axl turn to sing with bono :)

Edited by Italian girl

Big shots quite an interesting song isn`t it ? I have to admit I`ve never heard it before and wonder if Axl chose it as a little dig at himself, the lyrics are interesting and according to billy joel he wrote it after going to dinner with mick and Bianca jagger  and it seems it`s kind of about Bianca  love stuff like this :heart: 

hope Axl shows up at the u2 concert at the weekend definitely be looking out for that :thumbsup:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Axl`s BFF said:

Big shots quite an interesting song isn`t it ? I have to admit I`ve never heard it before and wonder if Axl chose it as a little dig at himself, the lyrics are interesting and according to billy joel he wrote it after going to dinner with mick and Bianca jagger  and it seems it`s kind of about Bianca  love stuff like this :heart: 

hope Axl shows up at the u2 concert at the weekend definitely be looking out for that :thumbsup:

He occasionally does Q&As at colleges, mostly for students wanting to make a living in music.

https://www.vevo.com/watch/billy-joel/qa-what-inspired-the-song-big-shot-(florida-state-1996)/USSM21300980

As Billy said, he was making digs at himself but he's also talking about his first wife in the song.... Axl seems the self-depreciating type about his fame and fortune.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dalsh327 said:

He occasionally does Q&As at colleges, mostly for students wanting to make a living in music.

https://www.vevo.com/watch/billy-joel/qa-what-inspired-the-song-big-shot-(florida-state-1996)/USSM21300980

As Billy said, he was making digs at himself but he's also talking about his first wife in the song.... Axl seems the self-depreciating type about his fame and fortune.

Agreed,respect AXL

11 minutes ago, downzy said:

Sounded pretty good twenty-five years ago...

this time I'd like to hear a U2 song performed by axl

5 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

anything that involves bono is bound to be boring

not his owns songs!

Please keep posts related to the topic.  There will be some extension about other possible guest opportunities for Axl, but discussion relating to another artist that has nothing to do with the topic will be removed.

Thanks!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Yeah but according to that Bon and Malcolm are still there so not exactly reliable ha.

I guess that they are listed as the most important ex members.

BTW I really hope for a new AC/DC album with Axl on vocals and Chris Slade on drums.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

Glad Axl enjoyed, I'm sure there was something wrong with his ear monitor or something didn't go as planned at some point but instead of being upset to be in the situation he embraced every moment and gave it his all...the end result was a lot of people thrilled by an Axl sighting and even better people were impressed. I think it definitely opens the door for some more of this down the road 

(No idea if something went wrong or not just saying that these things are never perfect) 

• Like 1