THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

Just now, EvanG said:

I am as modest as can be in real life. I'm a bit of a prick on here though, but what's the point of having the same personality on the internet as in real life? 

Sorry, I didn't mean you personally. I meant just the Dutch in general. I think no one would ever consider them a modest people.

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Sorry, I didn't mean you personally. I meant just the Dutch in general. I think no one would ever consider them a modest people.

Ah ok, yeah between that Belgian and Dutch thing the joke is always that the Dutch are arrogant and they are modest, but I don't know if other countries see the Dutch as arrogant too.

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I might get some Guinness in for the match, and a bottle of Jack to drown my sorrows afterwards for desert.

You need some real English beer like Bass or London Pride.

And Gin to drown your sorrows.

I guess I must be crazy, but I honestly didn't think Brazil were that bad. I mean most of the 2nd half was them attacking and half of the first half was as well. They were denied at least one obvious penalty and one of the Neymar (dives) after the match it turned out, might not have been a dive (debatable).

Still only themselves to blame though and I think this should answer questions as to why Caesmiro who's won 4/5 last European Cups is first choice over Fernadinho (ignore the misspelling). 

I think the biggest weakness for Brazil was the lack of a proper striker. While the team plays better with Firmino, I just don't really see what Jesus brought to the team. Good dribbler, bad striker. 

• Like 1