THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

Croatia look too strong for England. England have a few skillful players but not much power. Henderson and Ali v Pogba and Kante would be brutal. MBappe would skin Macguire alive. Maybe go out to Croatia on pens and go home heroes. 

Too bad for de Rode Duivels... but they played a great tournament. In two years they will have another shot at taking home a title.

As I said earlier, the winner of this match will be the new world champion... so congratulations to France already!

Henry is the coach of Belgium? 

That’s like Rio managing Wales. 

6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Too bad for de Rode Duivels... but they played a great tournament. In two years they will have another shot at taking home a title.

As I said earlier, the winner of this match will be the new world champion... so congratulations to France already!

France won the World Cup in 2018. 

The team that wins the world cup, normally beats 2 or 3 big/teams and fancied sides on the way. France check all the boxes. Big team, top stars and didn't take the easy route.

They're not unbeatable, but it'll be a big upset if they lose on Sunday.

I'd like to see Croatia beat them on Sunday, but I'm very sceptical.

19 minutes ago, wasted said:

Feels like we seen the final, now let’s celebrate England losing, the real purpose of the WC. 

What did you do in '74, '78 and '94 when England didn't qualify? Or those pre-war World Cups when England couldn't be arsed to send a team out because ''the British Home Championship was more important''?

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

What did you do in '74, '78 and '94 when England didn't qualify? Or those pre-war World Cups when England couldn't be arsed to send a team out because ''the British Home Championship was more important''?

The 90s are kind of a blur to me. 

But when McClaren didn’t qualify I was probably playing GTA all summer. 

The funny thing about the Euros is nobody cared about it until Platini in 1984 elevated it to a sort of ''secondary world cup'' for the European nations. It was like the international equivalent of the Texaco Cup or Intertoto Cup, one of those weird domestic competitions nobody cares about (which Newcastle United won occasionally and zealously defend as a point of honour), and in which teams fielded the reserve side.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The funny thing about the Euros is nobody cared about it until Platini in 1984 elevated it to a sort of ''secondary world cup'' for the European nations. It was like the international equivalent of the Texaco Cup or Intertoto Cup, one of those weird domestic competitions nobody cares about (which Newcastle United won occasionally and zealously defend as a point of honour), and in which teams fielded the reserve side.

I don’t remember one other than 96. It all blurs into one giant penalty miss.