THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

Disappointing day for England...but England should be proud of the run they had...they played well the entire Cup up until about 60 minutes into this match.  I'm not sure taking Sterling out for Rashford at the end was the right move but I know a lot of fans wanted Rashford in for a while now, so they got their wish.   I know the 3rd place game is not what anyone wants but I wish England well when they play.

If anyone thinks Croatia isn't the real deal after watching this match, they are mistaken....I think they will give France a run for their money in the final.

• Like 1

They have restored our national game. Hitherto our national team were a joke but now they are capable of doing things no England team from the last twenty years could such as possessing, playing the ball from the back, winning knock-out matches, winning penalty shoot-outs, having a bona fide terrific goalkeeper. They were not expected to get much beyond the groups yet progressed to the semi final and outplayed Croatia in the first half.

Southgate has some raw talent there with which to work with for the future.

Well done lads.

PS

I'll be supporting Croatia in the final. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

That's not how you spell Zagreb 

England could've won this match in the first half alone. Croatia was playing like shit. They were in shock after the early England goal. France won't be so mercyful

9 minutes ago, Padme said:

So now instead of coming home. It's going to Paris

Arguably it is ''going home'' if France win. FIFA, and therefore the World Cup, are a French creation. Fédération Internationale de Football Association

8 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Hahahaha fuck off home 

Well that is rather nice. This is a young bunch of lads who have out performed expectations. There is no need for that behaviour. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Arguably it is ''going home'' if France win. FIFA, and therefore the World Cup, are a French creation. Fédération Internationale de Football Association

FIFA headquarters is located in Switzerland.

I think England's main problem was Kane playing as both a 9 and a 10 and getting dragged back into the midfield as a playmaker rather than remaining upfront as a simple fox in the box. I wanted Kane at the head of that formation. There was a certain disintegration of gas after second halves also (you saw this even against Tunisia). And of course a lack of clinical shot making, although this is related to the point about Kane being dragged back. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I think England's main problem was Kane playing as both a 9 and a 10 and getting dragged back into the midfield as a playmaker rather than remaining upfront as a simple fox in the box. I wanted Kane at the head of that formation. There was a certain disintegration of gas after second halves also (you saw this even against Tunisia). And of course a lack of clinical shot making, although this is related to the point about Kane being dragged back. 

And guy who marjed Kane (epic Brozzo) ran 16+ kilometers in this game... 

The other problem/mistake was when Sterling went out - he was major treath to our boys...

1 minute ago, -Jaro- said:

And guy who marjed Kane (epic Brozzo) ran 16+ kilometers in this game... 

The other problem/mistake was when Sterling went out - he was major treath to our boys...

I didn't agree with the decision to take Sterling off.

1 minute ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Congrats!

LOOOOOOOOOOOL ENGLAND

Why are you LOL at England? They completely surpassed everybody's expectations in this competition. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Founded at Rue Saint Honoré. 

But that was more than 100 years ago. A lot of water under the bridge. FIFA is locaded in Switzerland. Anyway Football was born in England not in France

1 minute ago, Padme said:

But that was more than 100 years ago. A lot of water under the bridge. FIFA is locaded in Switzerland. Anyway Football was born in England not in France

I suppose it depends on whether you define ''home' as place of origin or current residence, but FIFA was essentially a French creation. England and the other Home Nations, actually shunned the first three World Cups. They didn't enter teams for a World Cup until 1950, the fourth incarnation. The (now defunct) Home Championship was deemed more prestigious by the Home Nations.