THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

8 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Exactly what I have been saying this entire tournament.

I was using the code: these fucking tic tac RNB stars. 

I wish they had one enforcer on the bench. Delph has gone home for the birth of his child. A real animal wouldn’t do that. 

I just hope for France not to win now. What a bunch of annoying players they are, and the referee can go back home too, please. He was standing right there when Hazard got that foul, but decided no free kick. He was obviously biased.

Otherwise, completely agree with Courtois and Hazard.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lio said:

I just hope for France not to win now. What a bunch of annoying players they are, and the referee can go back home too, please. He was standing right there when Hazard got that foul, but decided no free kick. He was obviously biased.

Otherwise, completely agree with Courtois and Hazard.

The ref's are clearly under orders not to book everyone i.e portugal/holland from yesteryear. They don't want the game slowed down to appeal to the Americans who probably aren't watching.

Var has gone missing since the group stages. Real shame.

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuckin' don't feel right today...I wish the fuckin' day would just fast forward to fuckin' 7pm.  This fuckin' waitings gettin' on my tits. 

If you make it past Luka tonight to Sunday, do you think you'll be able to beat France based on this tourny?

37 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

If you make it past Luka tonight to Sunday, do you think you'll be able to beat France based on this tourny?

I don't think we'll be able to beat fuckin' no one mate, I have zero faith, I just want it really really really really REALLY badly.  I'm trying not to think about it but since you've got me here I reckon doin' Croatia is a bit of an ask but I didn't fancy us necessarily against Belgium or France. 

I can't fuckin' overstate how important this is to me, this is it, in my lifetime I have a feeling this is it, this is our shot at a 66, something I've fuckin' dreamt about since I was a baby.  My rationale mind says we don't do France but fuckin'....fuck it man, its a game of football, anything can happen, it ain't fuckin' Barca vs Orient, is it? 

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I don't think we'll be able to beat fuckin' no one mate, I have zero faith, I just want it really really really really REALLY badly.  I'm trying not to think about it but since you've got me here I reckon doin' Croatia is a bit of an ask but I didn't fancy us necessarily against Belgium or France. 

I can't fuckin' overstate how important this is to me, this is it, in my lifetime I have a feeling this is it, this is our shot at a 66, something I've fuckin' dreamt about since I was a baby.  My rationale mind says we don't do France but fuckin'....fuck it man, its a game of football, anything can happen, it ain't fuckin' Barca vs Orient, is it? 

At this point it’s fine margins. Either the tic tacs will score a few innocuous goals or they won’t, they’ll put their headphones back on and come back heroes. Euros might actually be harder. 

14 minutes ago, wasted said:

At this point it’s fine margins. Either the tic tacs will score a few innocuous goals or they won’t, they’ll put their headphones back on and come back heroes. Euros might actually be harder. 

I don't care if its tic tacs or headers or long ball or kick and rush or it brushes off someones arse, just as long as its over the line!

16 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I don't care if its tic tacs or headers or long ball or kick and rush or it brushes off someones arse, just as long as its over the line!

I just see that’s how England score. LingGard, Ali...Sterling. And it just happens, it won’t look like they tried. Croatia struggled against Russia. England are strong on set pieces and mysterious goals. 3 Stellas in we can do this. 

Against France, switch Walker to left back. Basically park the bus and get Sterling over the top. 

I see us having SERIOUS fuckin' trouble with France.  But look...Griezmann ain't exactly been on fire.  Pogbas strong.  Matuidi is fuckin' on it too.  I dunno man, can you imagine fuckin' Maguire up against Mbappe on the break?  Its gonna have to be a fuckin' good fuckin' day at the office.  Stranger fuckin' things have happened but I dunno man, I really dunno.  Giroud, as much as some call him a donkey, he puts a shift in, he don't do his fuckin' job but seems to be doin' a few other peoples lately.  lloris, the fuckin' dirty fuckin' allottment spud is havin' a fuckin' blinder. 

Stop making me think soberly about this shit, its depressing me :lol:  And anyway, all that bollocks is by the by for the moment cuz Croatia ain't gonna fuckin' lie down for us.  Lets be honest we've had a fortunate little run of it (but then at the same time it weren't our doing that the big teams fell to minnows, where the fuck were they?).  If I'm honest I'm gettin' the fears about this semi a little bit.

Going to be interesting. Even though I don't want England to win the tourney, I wasn't even old enough to have memories the last time they made it this far. UYI hadn't even been released yet.

Heard some speculation on the Guardian football podcast, that Luka might end up in jail in Croatia soon for perjury. If they win the tourney, they'd have to imagine some intervention might mean Luka will get off the hook. So it's more than just a game!

Not sure who's winning it. Croatia on paper, but you never know and maybe I'm missing something with all the wild optimism lately. Either side could win. Still don't think either side beats France.

Edited by AtariLegend

4 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Going to be interesting. Even though I don't want England to win the tourney, I wasn't even old enough to have memories the last time they made it this far. UYI hadn't even been released yet.

Heard some speculation on the Guardian football podcast, that Luka might end up in jail in Croatia soon for perjury. If they win the tourney, they'd have to imagine some intervention might mean Luka will get off the hook. So it's more than just a game!

Not sure who's winning it. Croatia on paper, but you never know and maybe I'm missing something with all the wild optimism lately. Either side could win. Still don't think either side beats France.

Theres been wild optimism?

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Isn't he BAD LUCK?

He is bad luck! If you want to win today, don't let that guy in the stadium! :facepalm:

He clearly was in the 2014 WC . Also bad luck in 1998, he attended the England vs Argentina match... England lost. I don't think it's just a coincidence 

:lol: