Are the shows to long ?

It's cool that they're playing so long, but I did feel a bit of fatigue by the end of the show when I saw them in Hershey, especially with so many covers. I'd be happy with it around two hours or so, the covers are a bit over the top when there's so many great songs of their own they could play. And shorter sets would mean less wear on Axl's voice, too. But hey - I paid a lot of money for my tickets, so at least I got a lot of value for my dollar!

Really my only complaint about this tour is the lack of love for many of my favorite Illusions songs. I would love to hear Dead Horse, Breakdown, Locamotive, Don’t Damn Me, etc. I also think if Axl can play Coma anything is possible. I have no issue with all the CD tracks being played but why not rotate those for some of the above mentioned songs? It would give the sets a greater variety. I honestly think all of those solos are there because Axl would rather space out the vocals over the night and have breaks than play an agressive two hour set with no vocal breaks. I think they designed it how Axl needs the set to be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young played for 225 mins once. 

I'd watch Neil Young play for 225 days.....

The shows arent too long, they are just missing songs that make 3:30 shows fly by. They could be blowing people away with any number of originals but play witchita fucking lineman instead. The shows can drag a little because of that. (That's what my experience has been) 

When Slash, Duff & Axl got back playing with each other, I hoped they would mix up the set lists more, play some illusions tunes. Those songs are been skipped for the seeker and Black Hole Sun. 

On the other hand I wish they dragged Double Talkin Jive for longer. They did great versions of it in 93, you could HEAR Gilby for a change. He and Slash played well together. 

• Like 1

Three hours of any band would bore me senseless let alone one where the set is full of covers, jams, and well let’s say material I wouldn’t be going to watch the show to see.

i remember when the Pistols reformed and they’d come on do and hour of high energy, just killer song after killer song and go. That is still the biggest pit of any concert I’ve ever been to and the crowd kept it up the whole time.

Watching the Ritz ‘87 reminded me of how GNR used to bring that type of energy.

75-90 mins would be ideal show length for me for GNR today, after that I’m getting bored. The mid 87-mid 88 era is my favourite for GNR - when they were opening they had 45mins and had to rip through it and even their headlining shows were really tight during that era - no self indulgence going on at all.

• Like 1

Yeah, don't you miss those days when you would get a few songs, a rant and then Axl would storm off the stage. Those were the fdays. Or when they didn't show up at all. Even better! So many great memories of my cancelled 92 gig.

Seriously? No. The fact that some are making an issue out of this, only confirms that you're a bunch of whiners that are never happy.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

40 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yeah, don't you miss those days when you would get a few songs, a rant and then Axl would storm off the stage. Those were the fdays. Or when they didn't show up at all. Even better! So many great memories of my cancelled 92 gig.

Seriously? No. The fact that some are making an issue out of this, only confirms that you're a bunch of whiners that are never happy.

Well my 2002 show was cancelled after the riot in Philly. Still I rather have a show like the Ritz 87, Philly 88, Melbourne 88, Indiana 91 or Argentina 93 instead of having what we have right now

• Like 2

For some it's a good length, others not so much!

I actually prefer a shorter show, around 2hrs where you leave and say "I could have watched another half hour easily". 

My only issue is the amount of soloing and covers, I can get past the inclusion of some original guns songs that I'm not a massive fan of, but the long extended solos just make the show drag. Everybody I talk has said the solos were boring, and they, like me! Love all things have Slash and all things GNR.

They could easily taper back to a 2.5 HR set and still have all the best moments and breaks for Axl (although he needed far less breaks with AC/DC...)

Pretty good show though! And certainly worth the ticket price.

Rewind to 10, 15 years ago. What would your past self think about you complaining about slash, duff and Axl reunion show set being too long? :P

For 20ish years I thought I'd never see the day. I wish they played longer sets honestly. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

No.

But I would cut out the solos for more songs, otherwise, I'm cool with the long shows. Make 'em even longer.

This. I mean fuck, people like Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney do it too. Leonard Cohen did it for years. It's awesome. 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

''I sing one, then you sing one''; ''everybody sing''. ''make this one loud''.

The reason I am buying the ticket is because I am paying them to sing the sodden song for me. If I knew I was expected to sing it I would've have stayed at home and sung it in the shower free-of-charge.

You don't happen to say, 'Bah Humbug' at Christmas do you? :P