Happy Holidays All!

axlskAmpf

It's been a year plus since I posted here, but I wanted to come on to wish you all a lovely holiday season. I hope you and yours have a great celebration filled with peace and love. 

Oh, also great to see Slash and Axl getting on so well. It's too easy to lose people as we go through life, do your best to keep those that matter close. This is my advice to you all for 2018 and beyond, haha, until next year...

• Thanks 1

I am looking forward to further perusals of the Great Escape as well as the Indiana Jones and James Bond franchises, and endless shows featuring 'celebrity' chefs telling one how to cook a 'perfect Christmas dinner'. Looking forward also to reexamining a classic festive number by Slade. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I am looking forward to further perusals of the Great Escape as well as the Indiana Jones and James Bond franchises, and endless shows featuring 'celebrity' chefs telling one how to cook a 'perfect Christmas dinner'. Looking forward also to reexamining a classic festive number by Slade. 

don't you guys get to watch home alone? in belgium, we're subjected to home alone 1 and 2, in rotation.

in a shocking twist of events, home alone 3 was shown last year. the programming supervisor has since been fired.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, action said:

don't you guys get to watch home alone? in belgium, we're subjected to home alone 1 and 2, in rotation.

Yes. 

You also get a lot of Christmas themed 'TV movies' which are usually set in small town America. On Christmas Day everybody sits down to the Queen's Speech. The Queen says the same thing every year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes. 

You also get a lot of Christmas themed 'TV movies' which are usually set in small town America. On Christmas Day everybody sits down to the Queen's Speech. The Queen says the same thing every year. 

when i was 7, i used to think "urbi et orbi" was a child's program

• Haha 1

I love the cartoon! The U.S. gets "A Christmas Story" in rotation, which is always great. This, along with showings of "It's A Wonderful Life", various "Scrooge"s, and the aforementioned brigade of shmaltzy "hardcore business gal returns to hometown and finds the true meaning of love, and Christmas"  wonders. :-) 

• Like 1

It's that time of the year when around here the radio plays "The top 100 Canadian songs of 2017" and ones proud of themselves for recognizing 3 tracks.  And I guess Ruth B's song Lost Boy which blandly lays out the day to day routine of being Peter Pan in Neverland is indeed analogous to the numb disappointment that was 2017.  But before we stiffen our lips, projecting a belief in the hopes and potential of January 2nd, we get to celebrate the birth of the Baby Jesus with sugar, lard, booze and untold garbage bags full of packaging and wrapping paper!!

'Jeez, blue-Christmas much soon?'  :lol:  Nah, Ive been having a very meaningful advent season.  Christmas is from like November 25 - January 7th for me so Im set with good will, comfort and joy - and shrimp rings.  Oh, the shrimp rings.  Plus my cat is hilariously obsessed with my nativity.  Multiple times a day he looks at it with reverence as if its the most beautiful thing he's ever seen... And then eventually swats a shepherd 10 feet into the distance :lol:

Merry Christmas MyGNR!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2