Blabbermouth: Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal Says Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy' Album Is A 'Masterpiece'

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

He doesn't bring gnr up, in fact I've seen him try his best to steer the conversation  away from gnr on several different occasions... But it just so happens that gnr is usually all interviewers want to talk about, just because they might get a juicy headline. 

He's a nice guy, so when he's asked a question he will respond, he isn't going to say "I'm not going to discuss this" 

Finally, that was the guts of a decade if his career, he can and should discuss that as much as he wants. I don't see anyone giving out about Gilby discussing his 3 years in gnr. Truth is, if bumble lifted the lid on all the juicy stories he knows your opinion on him discussing his time in gnr would change with a click of the fingers.

How many more juicy headlines will reporters get from a guy who has been out of the band for 3.5 years? The headlines he made were relevant in 2014. Not in 2018. 

I thought he came across as  a nice guy when he was with the band. Out of the people in "NU GNR", I'm rooting the most for him to succeed since he is a nice guy and is from Jersey. With that being said, I don't think he has been able to move on and have success outside of mentioning GNR.  That goes for all the former members from that era. 

2 hours ago, Draguns said:

How many more juicy headlines will reporters get from a guy who has been out of the band for 3.5 years? The headlines he made were relevant in 2014. Not in 2018. 

I thought he came across as  a nice guy when he was with the band. Out of the people in "NU GNR", I'm rooting the most for him to succeed since he is a nice guy and is from Jersey. With that being said, I don't think he has been able to move on and have success outside of mentioning GNR.  That goes for all the former members from that era. 

Depends what your gauge for success is. Some say selling a million records, others say being artistically satisfied. His last two bands have entered the rock chart at respectable numbers,  probably sold 20-30000 albums each as a shot in the dark guess. I think he's moved on, and is currently trying to escape the GNR umbrella... eventually he'll realise it's like Star wars, once you appear in a film you're forever known for that, no matter what else you do... well maybe if he joins AC/DC or Metallica people will stop talking about GNR but it's a little unlikely.

And, If you think Bumble couldn't write a book on GNR of all things we don't know, you are sorely mistaken (behind the scenes fights, hairy situations touring in remote areas, recording he chinese album, his relationship with individual members etc), fortunately or unfortunately depending on your stance, He's a class act and doesn't seem interested in profiteering off of the GNR name anymore than he already has.

3 hours ago, Sosso said:

The term solo band is so lame. You are either a solo artist or a band.

I dont know, I see a band as an entity composed of people that comes from the same place, from an ideal of life, from histories and from friendship and the will to make it together, and not some people hired to do a job.

Let me tell ya, I see The Dead Daisies as a David Lowy thing. I really enjoy the songs and its one of the best things I've heard in the past few years, but its not something that I see as a band, for me it is a bunch of people hired to do what Lowy wants to and in the end, everyone except the boss, is expendable. And that defines a solo work for me, and thats what Axl did.

Does it mean I deslike CD? Nop, I love the record, but I'll never see it as a BAND effort cause the original will behind the band Guns N' Roses had vanished.

Is Slash doing it for the money now? Maybe, but at the minute Slash and Duff are back in the fold it gets some more of a BAND feel, what GNR really was.

Funny how Ron went on to list the things that helped make that album the piece of crap that it is. The only reason he's calling it a "masterpiece" is because he was on it. It is awful.

I also find it is stupid how a few on here attack Slash when defending CD. Had Slash released something this pathetic under the GNR name, it would have also been criticized.

Some people here are obviously not Guns N' Roses fans.

• Like 1

On 15/01/2018 at 3:33 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

I find it ridiculous how many of you have a grudge against Bumble for being part of Axl’s “solo band” when he contributed so much more than any of the other members did during the NuGNR tenure. I’m not talking on the album, but I’m talking:

• Convincing Axl to bring back Don’t Cry, Estranged, Civil War 

• Constantly interacting with fans on twitter and emphasizing with us for the lack of new material and promotions saying he would change it if it was up to him

• Staying in that mess of a band from 11-14 because he did not want to leave Guns without a 3rd guitarist so the fans, yes US, not a bunch of casuals, could have a band without being on hiatus for a bit

• Wrote new material by himself CONSTANTLY for Guns which either was used on his future solo album or performed live so we had something new to listen to  

• Did frequent livestreams and live shows where he taught his audience how to play Guns songs and gave us information regarding the band

Bumblefoot was arguably one of the most passionate members of Guns N’ Roses- more than Axl even at the end. His drama surrounding him in regards to his passive tweets comes from his previously mentioned surgeries and his clear frustration with how nothing got done with this band. Ron simply wanted to make the band kick ass and release new music, and brought back legendary songs to the set list, yet everyone constantly shits on him just as much as they do Tobias. Give me a break.

*breath* well that was good to finally get out

dhMeAzK.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I did get caught up a little in the mystery surrounding CD before release but at the same time I just wanted new music from GnR. I like tads & bits from multiple songs from CD..like the SOD outro, the drums & flow of RATB, TWAT solo/vocals. Its an album you can enter at different angles and get what you want from it. I do think we could of had at least another two albums up to this point..although the album is not everybody's cup of tea, I would rather listen to some CD tracks than some classic GnR songs cause to me it sounds refreshing.

• Like 1