The Troubadour 2016 - 2 Year Anniversary

42 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I remember some people on here being pissed about Vegas not being the first show, but don't think many people in the arena 'felt cheated' afterwards. Vegas was still the first 'full show' anyway, Troubadour didn't get Coma, November Rain, Estranged, Civil War, This I Love, Patience, etc.
I've been pretty critical of the shows from last year but even I was too hyped about them just being back, and getting to see them, to care about the little flaws in the Vegas show(s).

I remember seeing the bitching / whining about Vegas too. 

Vegas just kinda fell into place for me, so I wasn't overly invested in being first or anything. All the GNR fans I saw over the weekend in Vegas didn't seem to car anymore about it not being first, so that was good. 

• Like 3

Damn, can't believe it has been 2 years. I enjoyed all the excitement and confusion leading up to what was happening at Tower records. All the talk on here was awesome. The little bit of the show that did make it to Youtube had me so excited for a tour. 

7 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Wow. You really saw Emily Ratajkowski! Would have loved to have been in your position... 

Yeah. And talked to Kate Hudson and Jim Carry and literally rubbed shoulders with Nic Cage, when entering the resraurant next door, as it was so crowded and he stood right by the door, when we walked in. :P;) But really. Being in my position sucked ass. Getting there in time, being from Austria, but not getting into the show was excruciating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. And talked to Kate Hudson and Jim Carry and literally rubbed shoulders with Nic Cage, when entering the resraurant next door, as it was so crowded and he stood right by the door, when we walked in. :P;) But really. Being in my position sucked ass. Getting there in time, being from Austria, but not getting into the show was excruciating.

Wow. Is Kate Hudson as hot in person? What did you talk about with her and Jim Carrey? What restaurant?

Wait, you flew in  from Austria just so you could taste the odds of getting in? 

I'm really interested! :D

Thanks so much for posting this and those of you that shared your memories of being there that night. I'm the first to say that I wasn't all into NITL, because I lived through the '87 - '92 years and really have no desire to relive those years. (That doesn't mean that I don't love the original line up, I do!) But seeing this, I see just how special it was. Absolutely love this! 

3 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Wow. Is Kate Hudson as hot in person? What did you talk about with her and Jim Carrey? What restaurant?

Wait, you flew in  from Austria just so you could taste the odds of getting in? 

I'm really interested! :D

Smalltalk nothing special. Hmm. Well. She's nice. There is a restaurant/bar right next to the Troubadour. Some hung out there, before they went to the show.

I obviously went to the states for the LV shows, not to stand outside a fucking venue to watch others go in. We were in San Francisco when we heard about it and took our chances and drove down. One of us did get in. Unfortunately the one who wasn't really a fan and basically just tagged along.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Thanks 1

The excitement leading up to this show was off the charts..  I didn't care that my tickets for Vegas wouldn't be their first show anymore..  All the excitement was deflated throughout the day when I saw there was a second keyboard\Synth player on the stage.. Then right off the bat you could hear the synths in It's So Easy with was blasphemy... Axl was fat and didn't sound good... No Izzy or Steven... As much as I wanted and still want Steven and Izzy in the band that could have been overcome if Axl sounded and looked great and there was no Melissa.. That just threw the balance off too much. I am glad they never released this show because while it was a special moment and I am sure it was incredible actually being there, they really didn't sound good. If they release something I want it to be something that will blow people away.

• Like 1

I haven't been on this forum as long as some of the old timers - but in the 10 years or so I have been on this forum I would say the high points were coming on here during the Axl chats, and especially coming on here with the excitement of getting the updates of the first time Axl, Slash and Duff shared a stage since 1993.  

The Troubador and the months leading up to it and following it were amazingly mindblowing.  Easily the coolest GNR thing to happen the past 20 years as well as this NTLT tour in general

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Raise your hand if your remember FEDE and his Periscope broadcasting, we were all virtually standing up with him on the other side of the sidewalk from The Troubadour!! :rofl-lol:

While arguing about that 2nd keyboard in a pre-show pic of the stage :lol:

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 3