The Troubadour 2016 - 2 Year Anniversary

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/april-1-2016-april-fools-day-shenanigans-and-guns-n-roses/id955957374?i=1000366021677&mt=2

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/mark-in-the-morning/id955957374?mt=2&i=1000366192432

couple podcast from mark in the morning in LA from that morning.

the first link is the April 1st show where they covered the madness of the surprise build up at tower records. They send someone down to tower to check it out after getting reports of helicopters and gnr merch emerging. 

Second link is from a guy on their show who got to go after Mark called Slash and got him tickets so it’s kinda a review 

Great day.Exciting times for sure.Kind of seems like it’s all winding down now was a fun 2 years.Very successful tour and everyone pretty much had a chance to see them together as they covered a whole lot of ground 

• Like 1

I remember being up until 4 am following the Troubadour show. I had to work at 10am the next morning but the lack of sleep was well worth it. I spent damn close to $1,000 seeing them in Chicago, St. Louis, Minneapolis, and Milwaukee. I'm gonna be a little depressed when the tour ends in July.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

I really thought that new music was coming. Not a new album but a single/soundtrack telling we are back. I guess not. They blew that chance... 

On one hand, they really wasted that momentum, on the other hand, they're basically a band that's been together for 2 years. If nothing comes out in the next 2 years, however, it'll never happen.

I remember being so excited for this but also kinda pissed that I spent a fortune I didn’t have to go to Vegas, expecting it to be the first show with Axl n Slash. Still great times, but I feel the Vegas crowd felt cheated because we then got Axl sitting in a chair instead of his normal badass self

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

I remember being so excited for this but also kinda pissed that I spent a fortune I didn’t have to go to Vegas, expecting it to be the first show with Axl n Slash. Still great times, but I feel the Vegas crowd felt cheated because we then got Axl sitting in a chair instead of his normal badass self

I remember some people on here being pissed about Vegas not being the first show, but don't think many people in the arena 'felt cheated' afterwards. Vegas was still the first 'full show' anyway, Troubadour didn't get Coma, November Rain, Estranged, Civil War, This I Love, Patience, etc.
I've been pretty critical of the shows from last year but even I was too hyped about them just being back, and getting to see them, to care about the little flaws in the Vegas show(s).

4 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I remember watching that horrible stream from outside the venue haha 

Ah yes. I remember standing outside that fucking venue. One of the worst experiences ever. A night to forget. Despite rubbing shoulders with Nic Cage, Jim Carrey, Kate Hudson and Emily Ratajkowski.

42 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Yeah. And the fact that they until this day didn't make this show available only adds insult to the injury.

28 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Ah yes. I remember standing outside that fucking venue. One of the worst experiences ever. A night to forget. Despite rubbing shoulders with Nic Cage, Jim Carrey, Kate Hudson and Emily Ratajkowski.

You were at the Troubadour show for real?