Trunk: “Rock Stars do not want to meet you”

auad

19 hours ago, Kwick1 said:

This brings up a very interesting question for me. I've never been one to really desire to know movie stars or rock stars. I know them solely by the characters they play and yes. I'm including rock stars in the same group as actors because their private life is just that private. But today, excepting GnR, most are all over social media.  Going live on IG and constantly putting stuff out there on SM.  Does this make them more desirable to fans? It certainly gives them an appearance of accessibility although a false one. maybe because I grew up in the '80's and anti social media it irritates me. 

I think that when it comes to celebrities. Social media is a mean to self promotion and to make a fool of themselves in many cases. The exception could be a sad situation like the passing of someone. So celebrities pay a public tribute on their social media

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I don't want to meet them either. I'll pay for a concert ticket to see them live if the price is right, but what's the point in meeting them in person? To ask for an autograph? Fuck that, I'm not ten years old anymore.

Now, I wouldn't mind having a jam session with Slash if the opportunity ever presented itself, but that's only because I like his chops.

@EvanGsorry for off thread,but  you  made me laugh hard on Steven thread about the true Steven Adler , sadly i can't give you like because thread was closed ,but you post was hilarious:lol:👍

• Thanks 1

Well, that's bullshit.

I've met rock stars over the years who have done Texas conventions and were happy to meet their fans.

I know they charged for autographs and pictures, but that's what people do at conventions.

I think if someone is in the middle of dinner or something important, don't bother them. But if they are walking down the street, I think you should be able to approach them and talk for a bit without getting all up in their face. Know your limits.

without us fans, they wouldn't be rock stars or famous in any way. Enjoy it while you can. One day you might not be wanted or liked by fans anymore.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:09 PM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I wouldn't want to meet Eddie Trunk either if I was a rockstar :lol:

Trunk was shitting in his pants when he interviewed Axl Rose. He's lucky Axl even bothered to agree to meet him.

As I remember Axl didn't even know he was there waiting for him until hours later. What a loser!

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
MOre
  • Like 1

I saw a picture of one of these things and it is so degrading, for both fan and celebrity alike. They had the cast of some US show sitting in front of tables and each cast member had on the wall behind them, ''Autographs £__'' and ''selfies £___'' (this was in the UK). The prices varied according to, presumably, each cast member's importance. How humiliating!

3 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Trunk was shitting in his pants when he interviewed Axl Rose. He's lucky Axl even bothered to agree to meet him.

As I remember Axl didn't even know he was there waiting for him until hours later. What a loser!

He just rubs me the wrong way. He comes across as a kiss ass whenever he interviews a band/artist. Like there's a way to talk about someone's accomplishments without kissing their ass

32 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Country is the new rock in a lot of ways.

I can count the number of country stars that have been less than 100% polite and cordial on one hand - and this is after 12 years in the business.

Yes, because rock stars have always been 100 % polite and cordial...

On 5/1/2018 at 6:54 AM, F*ck Fear said:

This may be the case with certain individuals, but it's not always the case.

Dimebag Darrell wasn't like that.

It seemed Dimebag wanted to get anyone who came in touching distance of him absolutely hammered drunk.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 1

On 30/04/2018 at 8:24 AM, The Real McCoy said:

Kip Winger was kind of a jerk when I met him (I was 16 at the time) :lol:

I could've told you that a man named Kip Winger was a cunt.  If you're called Kip Winger and you've made it past age 16 without changing your name by deed poll, you're a cunt.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

It seemed Dimebag wanted to get anyone who came in touching distance of him absolutely hammered drunk.

Around show time or afterwards, absolutely!

I met him twice in 2004 and on both occasions he was sober. Mind you both times it was noon(ish).

The dude took an interest in what we talked about, and made my friends and I feel as if he was the one looking forward to meeting us.

I'll never forget that. When I'm having a bad day, and am a miserable prick, I try to remember what Dime would act like.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Depends on your inclinations.

I was at a posh do once. My friend was at the seafood table.

Posh lady: “I hear that clams taste like swallowing semen?”

Friend (panicking): “A lady wouldn’t know”. (Runs).

• Haha 1