Steven announces new singer Constantine Maroulis

1 hour ago, MildlyArtistic said:

If you want to understand the meaning of true pain, listen to his attempt at Rocket Queen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZciBVXPOEg

Is that Constantine? I think it's another singer. If so, Steven managed, having two singers, a regular and a guest,  to make it difficult for us to decide which one is the worst.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gackt said:

He isn't any better than Myles Kennedy singing GNR originals, but they're on an about equal level of shitty attempts :lol:

True.

Myles sounds like Edith Bunker the higher he trys to sing and this guy can't stay in tune to well 

Video title (Rocket Queen): 

STEVEN ADLER, PATRICK STONE, IRA BLACK, ROBERT CRANE, CARL RESTIVO “ROCKET QUEEN”

so apparently that's not Maroulis singing....but Patrick Stone

The gig was :4th Annual Ride for Ronnie, the annual motorcycle ride and concert at Los Encinos State Historic Park that pays tribute to the late Ronnie James Dio and raises funds for the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund.

http://loudwire.com/4th-annual-ride-for-ronnie-photos-recap/

I wonder if Dio would've appreciated that performance? 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Video title (Rocket Queen): 

STEVEN ADLER, PATRICK STONE, IRA BLACK, ROBERT CRANE, CARL RESTIVO “ROCKET QUEEN”

so apparently that's not Maroulis singing....but Patrick Stone

The gig was :4th Annual Ride for Ronnie, the annual motorcycle ride and concert at Los Encinos State Historic Park that pays tribute to the late Ronnie James Dio and raises funds for the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund.

http://loudwire.com/4th-annual-ride-for-ronnie-photos-recap/

I wonder if Dio would've appreciated that performance? 

Yes Patrick stone performed my michelle and rocket queen then afterwards Constantine came on for Brownstone and Good to Be Bad.

At least, thanks to that mega star dude, after all those years we've learned how those songs are supposed to be sung :lol:

2 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

What turns me off the most is those constant "yeahs" and "come ons" he shouts everytime there isn't anything to sing. (At least that's what he did on Mr. Brownstone.) That sounds so amateurish. And poser-y.

Haha that's the signature of Myles Kennedy, except that he shouts "sing it". Myles must have done this in nearly every GNR song he's ever done.

I don't know if it's more funny than annoying, or the other way.

9 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

What turns me off the most is those constant "yeahs" and "come ons" he shouts everytime there isn't anything to sing. (At least that's what he did on Mr. Brownstone.) That sounds so amateurish. And poser-y.

That's exactly what bugs me too.

On May 10, 2018 at 1:57 AM, vloors said:

Hear him slaughter tracks on fb live now. Just heard night train be abused.

That didn't sound bad to me, but it didn't sound all that good either. Steven seems really happy in that vid though. That's what really matters at the end of the day imo.

Steven always seems really happy. I wouldn't thank Maroulis for that :P

Maroulis isn't that awful as long as you don't see him. I could tolerate just hearing him, even if the shouting is annoying, but the moment he comes into view, it's just a total turnoff and I don't want to watch anymore.

• Like 3

The bass player is dialing inthe wrong tone, playing with fingers when to achieve Duffs GnR tone a pick is a must, and seems to be re-imagining the role of the bass lines with in these songs.  I dont like how much liberty he's taking.

29 minutes ago, soon said:

The bass player is dialing inthe wrong tone, playing with fingers when to achieve Duffs GnR tone a pick is a must, and seems to be re-imagining the role of the bass lines with in these songs.  I dont like how much liberty he's taking.

Looks like he used a pick on Civil War. His tone and playing sounds good here.

Edit: Only used a pick during the intro. But still sounds good to me

Edited by LikeADog93
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LikeADog93 said:

Looks like he used a pick on Civil War. His tone and playing sounds good here.

Edit: Only used a pick during the intro. But still sounds good to me

I agree, all of the issues I raise from other clip are fairly absent from this one.  Thanks for highlighting that.  Still think picking entire song would be even that much better.  Glad he's not a "fingers only" purist and maybe he'll come around to the all picking for Duffs parts I hope.  Towards the end, just before the play the chorus differently, he plays the lines melodically when Duff does them more percussively, but yeah this track is a lot more promising and took less liberties,

:headbang: 

Edited by soon

It's always a treat to hear Steven play this song. This is one of the Appetite songs that Frank really butchers in my opinion. Paradise City and Rocket Queen are the quintessential Adler groove songs. But my god, Constantine didn't even know where he was in the song. His tone and pitch are fine, but learn the damn songs!

Edited by LikeADog93

The thing with Maroulis is that he has a good voice but it is way too melodic to sing Guns N' Roses material, he tries to incorporate his own persona into these songs but it will never work as he is way too soft and pretty. Guns N' Roses must be sung in a filth and dirty way. 

And he also tries to hard, which makes it look really weird.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, default_ said:

The thing with Maroulis is that he has a good voice but it is way too melodic to sing Guns N' Roses material, he tries to incorporate his own persona into these songs but it will never work as he is way too soft and pretty. Guns N' Roses must be sung in a filth and dirty way. 

Same thing happens to Myles Kennedy. Or at least to my ears, he's not enough of a motherf---- to sing them :lol:

Axl has this thing of 'making voices' and his expertise is the 'mean voice of devil' :lol: 

2 hours ago, default_ said:

Maybe he don't is bad singer , but his sing is more fit Broadway style.

4 hours ago, default_ said:

I think that's his broadway background coming through. He performs the songs like he's in Rock of Ages and not an actual rock band.

Edited by Zoot
typo