Your thoughts on the Shadow of your Love single?

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

I think that SOYL is better than songs like You're Crazy (fast version) and Anything Goes. 

Well, that is just a matter of taste, in my opinion SOYL would suit better in live like a suicide...

sorry, my english is crap 😛

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gem Archer said:

Well, that is just a matter of taste, in my opinion SOYL would suit better in live like a suicide...

sorry, my english is crap 😛

Never mind, english isn't my native language either:lol:

Edited by Sosso

12 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

#triggeredbyaccents.

There are a lot of posters on here that don't use English as their first language.  I commend them for their efforts and their mistakes are understandable.

But it's inexcusable for native English speakers to continually butcher the language by saying things like "I should of done that" or "I seen this yesterday."  Or typing "loose" instead of "lose."

I'll point out the mistakes in the hopes that people will be more careful and maybe our language won't devolve into a hybrid of hillbilly, valley girl, inner-city slang, and various grunts.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Guys, I have found similarities. That is 100% bits and pieces re-recorded by Slash in 2018.

Take a look at the same technique/lick that Slash has been using since his style 'progressed' in his solo career. There's no way Slash played like that in 1986.

Look for yourself. What do you think?

SOYL

And then this... It's REALLY similar.

@OmarBradley (just saw that new avatar. So you've been here) is so over the moon positive its not re-recorded that I think its hysterical. Mainly because its not even a question in my mind that it has been, but he's just so sure about something we could NEVER definitively prove one way or the other. I find it hysterical. Rolling Stone told you its from 1986, ok I believe that! I think the new single sounds fantastic, re-recorded as it is.

I loved this new redemption of "Shadow of Your Love". I've always loved the lyrics, it's macho, simple and badass stuff! Never understood why it wasn't released on Lies.

I wish they would re-record Nice Boys and Reckless Life!

Edited by Propaganda

8 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

It's an okey-ish song. The chorus is catchy, but that's about it. There's a reason why it was a b-side back in the day. It still is b-side material. Nice that Guns released something "new", but it is also a bit sad that they are comfortable releasing a b-side as their first official single since the reunion. Their comeback material should be stronger than this, in my opinion.

But then again, that's just my opinion. Though, like I said, it's nice that they have released something. Keeps the wheels moving. And it is nice that people are digging this song.

It is "OK-ish", its also a million times better than everything on CD. 

Real Guns could take an average song and make it sound great, nugnr took great songs and... well, yea :no:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, soon said:

Im more excited then you, but I can totally see where you are coming from.  It didnt make the cut before.  The riff is rather stagnant and Izzy plays a lick that is very reminiscent form his part in WTTJ intro.  But at least its got a sprinkle of that GNR comedic wtf-ness to it being that its a Paul (Andrew) Huge/Tobias co-write! lol

Its totally missing a Duff melodic run in the intro.  Its almost there, but could be more and it would be twice as banging with full Duff intro.

Im loving it though.  Hope it will catch on for you too!

YEAH! That's the first thing I thought: it badly misses Duff's intro.  Just not the same without his thundering bass.   And I also agree with you about the riff...it's not bad...just not one of their best, not by a long shot.  Axl sounds great though.  And at least it's short and snappy, and doesn't drag on for too long (somehow Axl restrained himself!). 

Somebody else mentioned there's not much buzz about the song though...not trending on iTunes, and not much in terms of likes and retweets and what not, on the various social media.  I hope that doesn't affect prospects of actual new songs being released?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

@OmarBradley (just saw that new avatar. So you've been here) is so over the moon positive its not re-recorded that I think its hysterical. Mainly because its not even a question in my mind that it has been, but he's just so sure about something we could NEVER definitively prove one way or the other. I find it hysterical. Rolling Stone told you its from 1986, ok I believe that! I think the new single sounds fantastic, re-recorded as it is.

wat, you don't know this avatar and I haven't been here.

but he's just so sure about something we could NEVER definitively prove one way or the other.

Right, except for all of the places that note SOYL being a 1986 recording. Remixed? Probably. Remastered? Definitely. Rerecorded? Definitely not. 

Go back to the shadow.

shadow.jpg