Does the reunion mean we’ll never hear CD2?

5 hours ago, itsprettytiedup said:

?? The entire VIllage Session leaked 1 year after that post

I was talking about official releases, or at least I'm guessing that's what I was referring to. 

I wouldn't know since I wouldn't think to dig up a 4 year old post from someone to attempt a "gotcha" moment, but that's just me I guess. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I was talking about official releases, or at least I'm guessing that's what I was referring to. 

I wouldn't know since I wouldn't think to dig up a 4 year old post from someone to attempt a "gotcha" moment, but that's just me I guess. 

It wasn't an attempt to "gotcha" you or anywhere close man, the post came to first page from another comment and I just found it hilarious. Calm down :lol:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

This is highly likely given Silkworms got redone. I'm excited for it, however cautious it could be a cluster F, in my opinion, based on the two previous singles. 

It's a given that all they have been working on is CD leftovers. Slash confirmed multiple times.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Atlas19 said:

I think the next album (compilation of singles/eps) are going to be a bunch of songs Axl keep since the CD era, don't think there will be some real new song. And the sound something between CD and UYI, more close to CD than UYI

Well, I don't know what they'll sound like but regarding your first sentence, that's basically what Slash confirmed. Reworked Axl songs. I guess, if Slash does all the guitars - and that's very likely - they gonna sound automatically a lot more like GNR. Listen to Hardschool.

If we ever hear what was intended for CD 2 it will be versions that the current band has worked on and not with the original players on the songs. Similar to CD where the final release either took whole performances out or only left bits and pieces from the members that originally worked on the songs. The only thing we can be certain will be original will be Axl's vocals as he's shown with the Hard Skool EP.

Edited by mystery

On 5/10/2018 at 1:55 PM, rocknroll41 said:

I hate to admit it, but this is a valid point.

I also hate to admit it, but that makes me glad that I didn't pay to go see this year's GN'R show; paying hundreds of dollars to see something I have already seen, just to see it performed even worse. No thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Screamin' Demon said:

I also hate to admit it, but that makes me glad that I didn't pay to go see this year's GN'R show; paying hundreds of dollars to see something I have already seen, just to see it performed even worse. No thanks.

There's an interesting thing with artists where you can see them in their prime at a cheaper price vs when they're over the hill and a lot more expensive.

• Like 1