Does the reunion mean we’ll never hear CD2?

Got to thinking that the reunion in 2016, amazing things go it was/is, possibly means that we’ll never hear CD2 and tracks like Atlas Shrugged, The General and Cuban Skies.

Maybe Chinese reloaded might have been released already were it not for Axl, Slash and Duff joining forces on stage once more?

Does the upcoming release of the remastered Appetite only reinforce the viewpoint that new material from Guns is as unlikely as ever?

Maybe the reunited Guns has no interest in releasing tracks which were pretty much finalised during Axl’s Chinese Era with the likes of Finck and Buckethead over 15 years ago?

Thoughts folks?

Edited by gavgnr

I don't think so!

The fact that Slash and Duff are playing so many Chinese Democracy songs live suggests very strongly that they respect Axl's songwriting skills. We already know that Axl has played CD2 songs to Slash and Duff and they liked the songs. When they'll release a new album, there's absolutely no reason to believe that CD era songs wouldn't be included on the album, with Slash's and Duff's input of course. 

It seems pretty obvious that this Appetite box set is something that they did only to please the fans and maybe to buy some time so the fans would have something to chew on while they're working on new music. This box set doesn't seem to be something that the GNR camp is all that excited about themselves. Otherwise they would be promoting it and they would have made a proper music video for Shadow of your Love. But the Appetite Box set is just something for the fans, not the main focus of GNR. I believe that Axl's true interest is in new material, CD2 music included and at the moment AC/DC especially seems to be his main priority.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

lol Cuban Skies.

You seriously believed that bullshit list of fake titles MSL made up was real?

Well he did predict the song title "Going Down" in that list, before anyone had heard anything about that song, so it's not all that crazy to believe that the other song titles on the list could be real also.

I think they will take Axls best from what he has and then slash and Duff will rework that. And Slash and Duff will write another portion of the Album. 

The way things are looking there could be a compromise, especially considering Axl mentioned that he played them his material and they liked it.

Edited by Order of Nine

I believe eventually (and by this I mean still years away) we'll get a new album which will be a hybrid of Axl's remaining CD songs reworked by Slash/Duff and filled out by a couple of newer modern band songs if there's not enough.

I don't think Slash and co will have a problem re-doing parts for it as they seem to be open to reworking and playing the CD era songs live. Had the reunion burred CD and the band played nothing from post 1993 I would think differently that it might just be a lost album - but they've demonstrated that we're still to consider CD a GNR release and they stand by it by doing the songs live right in the middle of the reunion. So there's no reason not to take whatever is left and rework it with the current line up.

Might even become an extra good idea as axl's voice ages further in time.

But I don't think it's going to be soon. I mean we have this AFD stuff to get through. Then there's talk of Axl/Dc and we know Slash has solo album to promote. So we're looking at after all that before a new cycle - and then I wouldn't be surprised if they bused out some UYI based 30th edition by 2021 either which could be another way of not getting around to a new project...

So yeah...not holding my breath for it...but I think if they all live long enough...eventually Axl will get around to releasing those songs...but I don't think you'll get Robin and Co...I think they will be Slashed Up.

• Like 1

Consider that the period of Creativity  of: 

Gnr line up era of 85-89  is similar  to the Gnr line up of 1997-2002.

After both of these periods, several changes happened in the line up and no real new songs were really written or produced.

And the reunion just killed forever the idea of new material. They will tour and tour every  3-4years for pure nostalgia. Every member will do their own solo project and Axl will release new Axl/DC songs. 

I think it's as close as it has ever been in regard to IF they are going to release the 2nd batch of CD material.

Don't think the reunion success will stop Axl or encourage him. He'll do what he likes and hopefully that somewhat lines up with what we would like too... If not, that's fine because as much as I love gnr there's a lot of great music out there to discover and enjoy. 

I'm well and truly over the thinking and pining for the next gnr record. When/if it happens great, if it doesn't that sucks but I'll survive.

51 minutes ago, eddie6 said:

Consider that the period of Creativity  of: 

Gnr line up era of 85-89  is similar  to the Gnr line up of 1997-2002.

After both of these periods, several changes happened in the line up and no real new songs were really written or produced.

And the reunion just killed forever the idea of new material. They will tour and tour every  3-4years for pure nostalgia. Every member will do their own solo project and Axl will release new Axl/DC songs. 

Lol, the idea of new material was killed the day CD was released. 0000 similarities between GNR and the hired guns, 15 years and the best they could come with is on CD.

I hope we don't hear anything related to CD CD2 CD3.

Edited by felixGNR
  • Like 1

I reckon they'll see the light of day at some point. Wasn't Slash supposed to have put down a solo on Atlas?

Either way, any potential new GN'R album I think a majority of them will be songs Axl has already created and intended on releasing in years past, but with Slash and Duff's input on them.