Adler says Fernando is key to Reunion

4 minutes ago, valengf said:

I do not know why he is considered a jackass for his comments. I think they are sincere. 

He is not. Just some people like being miserable towards someone who they perceive as the weakest link from the original lineup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

It sounds like he was referencing being told to stop talking shit at times in the past, not that he was actually going to be accused of talking shit over 

Either don’t butt in to another conversation...or try to make sure you understand what it is you are responding to.   Thanks

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Either don’t butt in to another conversation...or try to make sure you understand what it is you are responding to.   Thanks

Oh I understand. Adler isn't "talking shit" because Adler and only Adler speaks the truth because he has a sense of swing and Axl/Duff/Slash are evil and greedy, etc, etc. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

Some people seem to forget this is a public forum. You're not in a chat.

Pretty sure I know the difference, and as I said originally....he responded to a comment without context of the whole conversation, kinda like you did obviously.  Some people forget to look back to view the whole conversation, bc you know it’s a forum and that’s how it usually works.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

If Adler said ''good morning'' to somebody or asked somebody ''the time?'' there would be a rant on here, questioning why Adler ''runs his mouth'', accusing him of being ''bitter'' and ''stuck in the past''. 

And is Adler had a drunken meltdown where he threatened to kill Axl because he won't let him back in the band before passing out and pissing himself there would be rants on here about how it's Axl's fault and Steven is rational and sober. It goes both ways.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

And is Adler had a drunken meltdown where he threatened to kill Axl because he won't let him back in the band before passing out and pissing himself there would be rants on here about how it's Axl's fault and Steven is rational and sober. It goes both ways.

Yah you got a point there!

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

I think you are a bit obsessed with Adler. Go and rawk out to Adler's Appetite; it might cheer you up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

They got him by the bullzzzzz!! :lol:

I didn't say Axl is not running the show anymore... but Axl is a guy who lives in his own world. Many times he said TB did something he didn't know or was not informed. TB operates in levels where Axl doesn't give a fuck and that gives them power over others. Del James is also part of TB. Everybody who works for Axl, also works for TB.

How do you explain Duff having to push his way in a hotel room to be able to talk to Axl? How do you explain Slash wanting to see Axl in Las Vegas and being told to go away? How do you explain Steven wanting to see Axl after a show and Del James telling him No, but after checking with Axl, Steven was allowed to talk to him?

It is obvious they have been delegated a big amount of responsabilities and they take some freedoms where they shouldn't sometimes. What Steven says makes a lot of sense..... TB are the only ones who can convince Axl of doing (or not doing) something and that's why he says Fernando is the key person. If Fernando finds it a good idea, a good business, he will go to uncle Axl and sweet talk him over the idea.

Ashba once said they are a neat tight circle. Axl is in the middle, covered by all these lawyers of people who act like a burocratic system, filters but they are not just plain neutral filters. They are people, and they are people who have a deep and long relationship with Axl.

I agree with most of that... however I just don't believe that Fernando has the power Steven thinks he does, history suggests otherwise. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

If Adler said ''good morning'' to somebody or asked somebody ''the time?'' there would be a rant on here, questioning why Adler ''runs his mouth'', accusing him of being ''bitter'' and ''stuck in the past''. 

Yeah, but the rant would come in response to the 4 threads "Adler says ' Every morning is a good morning with a frontman like Constantine' in exclusive interview with American Airline's in-flight magazine."

Slash, Duff and Adler have written books about their life, the key difference is that Adler is releasing his daily, a paragraph at a time.

I still laugh when people on here get their knickers in a knot every time Adler speaks!!

hes the drummer on appetite, and is still relevant enough for radio stations the world over to want to interview him, if you don't like it, don't fking listen to it. 

It always amuses me that people think that a guy who was IN the band should shut up yet they are entitled to sprout off on a forum ad nauseum themselves when they are 50 thousand times less relevant than Adler when it comes to anything GNR. 

Edited by Tadsy
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I don't agree with your point. I have criticised Adler myself in the past.

But you are completely obsessed with the guy!

Ha! Says the guy with litterally THOUSANDS of posts complaining about "bleeps" (guitars) and "Chinese stew". 

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I agree with most of that... however I just don't believe that Fernando has the power Steven thinks he does, history suggests otherwise. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Im with you Tom. I actually agree on many points as well and don't think Fernando has as much power.

To comment on other posts as a collective I agree there has been some comments from Axl with the Izzy situation being a prime example. TB has handled things perhaps without Axl knowing at the time but I don't think Fernando or TB rule Axl. 

Over the years people have amazed me how one minute they are saying Axl is in charge and calls all the shots blaming this or that on him. The next minute and as it suits some TB are in charge and took over Axl's life.

Again as killer said there are some examples where TB have seemed to make decisions on the fly but at the end of the day from what we know they tell Axl of that decision. Steven being invited back to hang out with Axl after being asked to leave is a prime example.

I know this isn't popular opinion here but don't care. I believe TB makes decisions to protect Axl rather he needs that protection or not. I don't feel there's evil motive behind it. I certainly don't believe they run Axl's life. Axl is his own man. I do believe he is open to their suggestions and or opinions they are his management and like his family.

As far as Steven's interview, as most will agree here, I'm usually hard on him however, I honestly don't feel it was that bad. I feel he answered a question he was asked. Most of his interviews I think he kicks himself in the arse but this one not as much.

I'm not sure TB would be Axls family if he was a plumber or something. 

They were quite fortunate to find an extremely talented rockstar with no direction in his life at the time. 

So they started working / caring for him. It helped him out and them out. 

3 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

Ha! Says the guy with litterally THOUSANDS of posts complaining about "bleeps" (guitars) and "Chinese stew". 

I wouldn't say I'm obsessed by that, more mildly amused by those bleeps and Chinese stews. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1