Wishlist (Not Setlist!)

Make a wish! What would you like to get from GN'R?  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For me, it is by far new music. This shouldn't be this difficult; it has been 10 years since an official release! Nobody knows what is in the "vault"; it could be a hundred songs or it could be two songs. At the very least it seems that titles like Atlas Shrugged and The General have been completed so that is two songs right there. Maybe the band could rerelease Better with the new arrangement they've used during the NITL tour. Or maybe Duff, Slash, Richard, etc. have come up with some cool ideas for new music; they've only been on the road together for 2+ years :lol:.

Like I said before, I have no idea why it is so hard for this band to release new music. I am certainly not expecting a perfect record and I believe the majority of the fans are not expecting perfection or needing an album better than Appetite. All of the members are talented and all are capable of producing good work; they should be confident in their ability to deliver a good record. At this point, I don't think the fans will be too picky; we just want new music!

Hey camp Guns you read this? Your FANS want new music. Not airplanes. ;)

I'd be intested to hear what the band wants, their vision, the wishes. Other than making shitloads of money and turning one of the greatest bands ever into a joke that is.

I wonder what drives them, what their motivation is. Do they have nothing to say or give anymore and maybe that's why there is no music anymore?

• Like 1

I’d love new music but only if Izzy + Steven / Matt are involved.

Otherwise, I’d just take a NITL live album + bluray to end the era. And then do a proper reunion with new music.

But what I don’t want is new music from this lineup. Basically CD II with Slash on top. I’d prefer those songs to leak and just bring Izzy back to do some new and proper songwriting

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 2

New music supersedes all. The 00-08 years were enjoyable because there were some new songs played live, leaked, and eventually leading to Chinese... This era seems a bit on the tired side already, because there is nothing really new. The closest thing to exciting we've gotten were Shadow and Slither - which are good additions, but would like to see what these guys could come up with nowadays.

Any deviation or change from the norm would be welcome though.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

If they got Adler and Stradlin back it would just basically be a mass prolongation of the nostalgia element in this band. It would give them the incentive to tour for a further three years.

Yeah probably, but at least they'd have a kickass drummer and a decent songwriter in the band. With Izzy it wouldn't take long for some new material and with Steven on drums the whole band sounds ten times better. If they ever ride off into the sunset, I hope they do one last show with the original five, just them, playing whatever they feel, however they feel it.

-The General
-Perfect Crime
-Locomotive

-Atlas Shrugged
-The Soul Monster
-Thyme
-Beta's barn
-Seven
-Ides of March
-Down by the Ocean
-Quick Song
-Zodiac