If The World Remix Discussion **NO LINKS**

7 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

This remix would be way more listenable if Brain didn't do the stutter type effect on the "If The World" part. Instrumentally, I really like it

Despite already hearing the remix, that's the second time I've fallen for that today :lol:

I just seen Fernando in the thread,..I'm pretty sure he clicked too! :)

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Amir said:

Speaking of remixes, anyone remember where this one came from? I know Eric is "French Eric" who worked on ChiDem, was at L'Arc, etc., but can't remember where this came from exactly:

And didn't he do a Sorry remix which we got a snippet of which had the same intro as the live version? Been almost a decade now (wow) so I can't quite remember.

Yeah this was crafted as trade bait. Along with a few other things (Silkworms, CITR 2002 featuring Buckethead and a couple other things) all of which were fakes. Kinda surprised to see this still out there. 

Off topic but also on topic: The idea of the leaks are nice but I’d definitely like to see a release. They are able to release AFD boxset with demos featuring former members without detracting from the current lineup. I think it would be a nice thing to release a 10th Anniversary boxset featuring Chinese Democracy along with bonus discs of demos and finished songs from the session. Kinda rewarding the fans who stuck with the band through everything while also putting a close to that chapter. It’d allow majority of people to look ahead at what this band has to offer. I also imagine Axl if given the goahead would be willing to be more hands on in the building if the boxset.

Edited by Grayfox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

This sounded like the coolest of the leaks but I'm let down.

Better Gone is the only thing I could see myself listening to more than once in the next decade. 

Yeah, this. I actually really dig If the World, and the short clip of this remix from a couple of years back sounded promising. 

But the full thing is extremely underwhelming. 

12 minutes ago, username said:

Are there any updates on the full-length version? Did that surface yet? 

Also, that's just 8 seconds difference. What's missing? 

not fully leaked as of now.

to my perception, parts of the very beginning and very end are missing, and not only 8 seconds of the complete length, but also the end part of the leaked thing seems to be muted

(only my guess, I don't have any analysis to be able to compare with the complete thing, unfortunately. hopefully someone will finally leak it)

19 minutes ago, zombux said:

not fully leaked as of now.

to my perception, parts of the very beginning and very end are missing, and not only 8 seconds of the complete length, but also the end part of the leaked thing seems to be muted

(only my guess, I don't have any analysis to be able to compare with the complete thing, unfortunately. hopefully someone will finally leak it)

How do you know seconds from the beginning and ending is missing?

3 minutes ago, Axl4ever7 said:

How do you know seconds from the beginning and ending is missing?

I don't know, I only guess. the start starts quite abruptly and the end has silence where I'd expect some leadout or so. + Shackler was edited similarly.

again, this is just my guess, the reality might be different.

I'm not saying it's Team Complaints' fault that no new music is coming out, because there might be a lot more factors at play. But judging by the competence they've shown so far, I'm not under the impression they're helping either. Fernando and me are equally suitable to manage Guns n' Roses. The only difference is that I'm not trying. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, default_ said:

Fermanager was online and browinsg leaks thread? 

Suck it, bitch! I hope everything leaks.

I'd expect much stuff to leak! like fake vintage t-shirts, fake tattoos, fake cloth patches... the (also fake) management became quite skilled at this lately! ;) 

Edited by zombux

3 hours ago, zombux said:

I don't know, I only guess. the start starts quite abruptly and the end has silence where I'd expect some leadout or so. + Shackler was edited similarly.

again, this is just my guess, the reality might be different.

How do you know the full track timing? 

1 minute ago, Axl4ever7 said:

Why won't they leak? Why haven't they given it to you?

don't ask me, I don't have their minds in my head :) some are scared and think they will get their ass busted if they leak, some others like keeping unreleased stuff for chances they'll be able to trade it for other unreleased stuff, there might be a thousand of other reasons. in the particular case of ITW it's ridiculous to try hiding a version of ~8sec longer than the circulating one, but that's just how it is :) I'd say ITW will leak soon anyway, hopefully.

5 minutes ago, zombux said:

don't ask me, I don't have their minds in my head :) some are scared and think they will get their ass busted if they leak, some others like keeping unreleased stuff for chances they'll be able to trade it for other unreleased stuff, there might be a thousand of other reasons. in the particular case of ITW it's ridiculous to try hiding a version of ~8sec longer than the circulating one, but that's just how it is :) I'd say ITW will leak soon anyway, hopefully.

The full Shackler remix leaked. I don't see the problem of holding the full If The World remix back. It's not The General or Atlas or something else. It doesn't have that kind of trade value. It's a remix. Made by Brain. Not by Axl. So I don't get what the deal is on holding it up.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Axl4ever7 said:

The full Shackler remix leaked. I don't see the problem of holding the full If The World remix back. It's not The General or Atlas or something else. It doesn't have that kind of trade value. It's a remix. Made by Brain. Not by Axl. So I don't get what the deal is on holding it up.

I absolutely agree with you, but still we're not the ones who make decisions :) of course there's zero value of that.

33 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

This is an amateur question, however, what versions if TWAT have buckethead on them apart from 1999 version? 

The 1999 version doesn't. Here's a breakdown:

TWAT 1999 - no Bucket
TWAT 2001 - no Bucket
TWAT demo 2006 leak, 6:03 version - shortened Bucket solo
TWAT demo 2006 leak, 6:43 version - full Bucket solo
TWAT 2007 leak - full Bucket solo
TWAT 2008 leak - full Bucket solo
TWAT album version - full Bucket solo

I realize it gets confusing - we commonly refer to 99/01 tracks with the year tacked on the end, but then you have like, the 2006 demos for example that are probably from some time before that year. If I had to guess the 2006 leaks are probably from somewhere around 2003, but I can't say for sure. 2007 and 2008 leaks are probably from about when they leaked, considering how much closer they got to the album version, and that when the song was played live in 2006 it didn't yet have the weird sound effects over the choir intro. 

• Like 1

It sounds like there's been a cut made on this leak, like on the Shackler's remix solo, in between the "I-If the world, I-If the world" and final chorus (the sudden cut at 3:27). Maybe that's where the missing 8 seconds went.

Edited by Azifwekare

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

The 1999 version doesn't. Here's a breakdown:

TWAT 1999 - no Bucket
TWAT 2001 - no Bucket
TWAT demo 2006 leak, 6:03 version - shortened Bucket solo
TWAT demo 2006 leak, 6:43 version - full Bucket solo
TWAT 2007 leak - full Bucket solo
TWAT 2008 leak - full Bucket solo
TWAT album version - full Bucket solo

I realize it gets confusing - we commonly refer to 99/01 tracks with the year tacked on the end, but then you have like, the 2006 demos for example that are probably from some time before that year. If I had to guess the 2006 leaks are probably from somewhere around 2003, but I can't say for sure. 2007 and 2008 leaks are probably from about when they leaked, considering how much closer they got to the album version, and that when the song was played live in 2006 it didn't yet have the weird sound effects over the choir intro. 

Thanks powerage5, useful info.  When did bucket join and leave? and how do we know what demo's he played on?