If The World Remix Discussion **NO LINKS**

11 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I see it more as a bonus for the hypothetical Chinese Democracy II. Not as two separate albums. Atleast we have the full remix album (maybe Sorry is missing but who knows).

How do you know it's the full remix album?

Where are the remixes for Chinese Democracy, Scraped, IRS, Sorry, Madagascar, Street of Dreams, Riad? Unless that album had like 7 songs and they didn't do the other songs, we're missing some of the remixes.

But who cares about remixes anyways?...

Hopefully, Jackie Chan or The General will come out someday! And I'm very interested to hear the very first version of Silkworms.

Edited by Propaganda

Just now, Propaganda said:

How do you know it's the full remix album?

Where are the remixes for Chinese Democracy, Scraped, IRS, Sorry, Madagascar, Street of Dreams, Riad. Unless that album had like 7 songs and they didn't do the other songs, we're missing some of the remixes.

Because Brain said he worked on 6 remixes, and we already have 5. So or Brain remembers badly, or there's one remix missing. But he said he only worked on 6 remixes.

1 minute ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Because Brain said he worked on 6 remixes, and we already have 5. So or Brain remembers badly, or there's one remix missing. But he said he only worked on 6 remixes.

Oh ok, I didn't know that! If that's the case, then there's one missing.

BTW Marcos Acuña is a great player! Send more of those to Sporting! Don't send players like Viola or Fariña though :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I believe is Sorry because he played on that game with Melissa

4 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

source of the "6 remixes" information: https://web.archive.org/web/20110212190228/https://zildjian.com/Artists/B/Bryan-Brain-Mantia

it seems that Sorry is indeed the missing one - I'd not take it as a certain thing, but it probably is the missing one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vloors said:

All the Brain/Melissa remixes have been terrible. No wonder the remix album was shelved.

Disagree, I like what they're doing.
The "Sorry" remix from the video sounds very promising. Too bad Melissa's voice isn't on the "If the world" remix, she has a great voice.

Weird I didn't notice her voice last week in Paris, I guess she must do some background vocals but it must have been buried in the mix.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wagszilla said:

This sounded like the coolest of the leaks but I'm let down.

Better Gone is the only thing I could see myself listening to more than once in the next decade. 

My favourite leaks:

1. HOB 2001 :heart: :heart: :heart:

2. The General phone clip :heart: :heart:

3. Silkworms

4. OMG redux (think I prefer the original but this still cool)

TIL remix isn't bad, I could take or leave the rest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wagszilla said:

Yeah, I meant the remixes.

I think The Blues 2001 is in the running for best track from the Chinese Democracy sessions that we've heard. So that's my #1.

It was really elevated by great production and a professional mix. 

I'm pumped about HOB 2001 and Silkworms too. 

I feel the complete opposite way about The Blues; Street of Dreams is one of my least favourite tracks on ChiDem and I still prefer the album version over the demos :lol: It's the lack of lyrics in the outro, lack of strings, and weird synth thing in the verses that bother me most in the demo(s).

And don't get me started on any version of TWAT that doesn't have the Bucket solo...

14 minutes ago, Amir said:

Funny how people were hoarding this for years and when it finally gets leaked it only has 2 pages of discussion :lol: 

200.gif

It's because the shackler's one were much more in vogue durin' the leaks. Also, everyone was willing to listen to Silk, NuOMG, The General, and the remix of TIL.
No one (besides some of us - includin' me) was waiting to listen to remixes. After all, it's just that - remixes, made by the ex-drummer. Nothing more.
It's cool to have them in brick n' mortar after all this years, but...in one year or less, no one will give a shit about it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Amir said:

My favourite leaks:

1. HOB 2001 :heart: :heart: :heart:

2. The General phone clip :heart: :heart:

3. Silkworms

4. OMG redux (think I prefer the original but this still cool)

TIL remix isn't bad, I could take or leave the rest.

For June 2018 leaks for me it's,

1. The General 

2. HOB 2001

3. OMG 

4. Puerto Rico 2010

5. This I Love Remix

6. Silkworms

7. Mi Amor/Ballad of Death

8. The Blues/TWAT 2001

Huge drop off in interest

9. Shacklers remix

10. ITW remix

Edited by ZoSoRose

I actually kinda really like this remix, I like the "We Will Rock You" beat and claps, and the use of the piano. I just find it kind of odd because I felt like that song had the most crossover potential from CD, and was ripe for a really cool hip hop-ish remix, but they really went in the other direction. It's kinda out there. But okay.

Speaking of remixes, anyone remember where this one came from? I know Eric is "French Eric" who worked on ChiDem, was at L'Arc, etc., but can't remember where this came from exactly:

And didn't he do a Sorry remix which we got a snippet of which had the same intro as the live version? Been almost a decade now (wow) so I can't quite remember.

3 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

IIRC, that was a fake.

It was used to try to scam some tracks out of the hoarders.

But they did play it like that in 2009-2010.

Scraped or Sorry? I thought the deal was we thought it was fake until we heard the same intro live? I could be wrong.

My list :

1. Silkworms (I was waiting for it since December 21th, 2013. I tought this ABSURD pilgrimage would never end. :P

2. This I Love Remix (Best Axl's performance in studio)

3. Shackler's Revenge Remix 

4. Oh My God (BBF's new guitar parts added freshness and heaviness to it. Still tryin' to dig the ska part, tough)

5. HOB 2001 

6. If The World (Good to finally have it after all this years.) 

7. The Blues/TWAT (Just to imagine what Chidem 2001 would sound like. The "symphony" in the beggining of SOD just added more feeling to it)

8. The General (Would be in the top five if I was able to understand a fuckin' thing of the lyrics. It's good to have it just so we can dedicate shotgun blues to MSL n' his friends)

Yuuuge, Big, Fantastic drop off in interest

9. Puerto Rico Pro Shot.