If The World Remix Discussion **NO LINKS**

The If The World Remix has leaked.

Everyone is allowed to discuss them in this thread but PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR LINKS OR PMs.

Anyone who posts a link on the open forum will be banned immediately.

Anyone who repeatedly asks for PMs/links will be given warning points.

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

Does it feature any new vocals from Axl? If not, I'll pass thanks.

Just DJ-style sampling, for the most part.  It's definitely more ambitious than the Shackler's remix, which just feels lazy.

This one's just not for me. The remix album seems to use the same approach/beats/sounds for most of the songs. Acquired tasted I assume, but I don't think this would have been commercially successful. But more joy to those who actually dig it. :lol:

The remixes are fine. But I don’t think the tracks on CD really fit with that type of remixing. It’s neat but just feels weird. The only “remix” I’d see promise in is an actual Melissa/Axl Sorry. But that’s just me..

• Like 1

Also, the file I downloaded that contained all these remixes had a 90 second clip of a music video for Prostitute. No idea if it's legit, although it seemed real enough to me. I'm relatively new here so I'm not sure if this video has already been circulated previously but I'd never heard of it existing before. 

14 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

The remixes are fine. But I don’t think the tracks on CD really fit with that type of remixing. It’s neat but just feels weird. The only “remix” I’d see promise in is an actual Melissa/Axl Sorry. But that’s just me..

The Melissa/Brain Sorry is awesome

51 minutes ago, Gaanzer said:

This one's just not for me. The remix album seems to use the same approach/beats/sounds for most of the songs. Acquired tasted I assume, but I don't think this would have been commercially successful. But more joy to those who actually dig it. :lol:

I think the remix album was supposed to be the bridge between Chinese Democracy and the Guns N'Roses album that was supposed to come afterwards, so that way the fans would have something to chew on, before the 2nd album came out.

In the end we didn't get a remix album (which would include Silkworms and Oh My God too), and we didn't get the 2nd album.  :lol:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

I think the remix album was supposed to be the bridge between Chinese Democracy and the Guns N'Roses album that was supposed to come afterwards, so that way the fans would have something to chew on, before the 2nd album came out.

In the end we didn't get a remix album (which would include Silkworms and Oh My God too), and we didn't get the 2nd album.  :lol:

I see it more as a bonus for the hypothetical Chinese Democracy II. Not as two separate albums. Atleast we have the full remix album (maybe Sorry is missing but who knows).

2 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

Is there like a summary of what came out today?  I'd like to hear it, but I'm not even sure what I'm looking for.  :/ 

Thanks in advance for any help.

The General (phone clip, horrible quality)

Shackler's Revenge remix

If The World remix

Mi Amor studio version (DJ Ashba)

Ballad Of Death studio version (DJ Ashba)

A part of the official Prostitute music-video

Everything else is fake.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 2