Axl Rose interview released tomorrow (Edit: full interview)

17 minutes ago, donny said:

so what exactly do we know now that we didn't know 14 hours ago ? 

The silence until now had left room for speculation: that, although it didn't seem likely, they "may" have had plans for new music or worked on something.

Now we got it from the horse's mouth: they haven't.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

If I understand it correctly, he didn’t say they don’t have any new music whatsoever (we know they’ve worked on something, as they said that in the past), but that they currently focus on the tour. Which is exactly what we could expect. After all, you cannot tour and create a new GN’R album virtually at the same time, can you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, jamillos said:

If I understand it correctly, he didn’t say they don’t have any new music whatsoever (we know they’ve worked on something, as they said that in the past), but that they currently focus on the tour. Which is exactly what we could expect. After all, you cannot tour and create a new GN’R album virtually at the same time, can you. 

That's why it would be nice to have a proper translation. Everyone understands different things (I can't get the last part of his reply).

7 hours ago, Sosso said:

What's wrong with that? It's cool that Axl is doing interviews aynway.

I never said there was anything wrong with it. I was simply explaining the likely contents of the interview. Nevertheless, i was surprised to see the question on new music.

2 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

I believe we’ll never get new music. 

BUT when did Axl say the words “not in this lifetime” when asked about a reunion. My memory is shit but didn’t we find out it was after the reconciliation?

He said that in 2012. Way before the reunion or any preliminary plans were put into motion.

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

We also know that Wichita Lineman will remain in the setlist for the next leg and for next year's leg, if there is one.

(I don't mind at all. I like it).

Black Hole Sun has to go, surely. I'm sick of that one, especially when we could be getting another Guns song. Whatever floats their boat though, i guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, default_ said:

Stop being delusional for now guys, he clearly said the focus now is on touring but the atmosphere is so good that they may do something new in the future. 

I think he wouldn't say a word about  new music anyway. especially in a "not A-level" interview.

Edited by Italian girl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

I think he wouldn't say a word about  new music anyway. especially in a "not A-level" interview.

I'm afraid he's telling exactly the truth. They haven't even thought about it. For more than two years. Well, that says it all, I'm afraid.

The atmosphere is good, yeah, for making millions of dollars, but with zero creative drive between them (or how else do you explain not even considering writing a song for two years) the atmosphere for making music is non-existent.

Why can't Axl (or Slash or Duff) do a normal interview?  It's always some jacked up translated interview.  How about Rolling Stone magazine or whatever happened to Trunk saying he was gonna interview Axl or one of the 3?  Kurt Loder around still?  Stern? 

That's the best translation (of the translation) I could get, combining different translators (re: new music):

Right now we're just focusing on the tour and the next concert, but the atmosphere is good and it's been going so well that you never know.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

That's the best translation (of the translation) I could get, combining different translators (re: new music):

so the most up to date and first interview in a long time is only decipherable by translating a translation ? 

reminds me of this-

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I never said there was anything wrong with it. I was simply explaining the likely contents of the interview. Nevertheless, i was surprised to see the question on new music.

He said that in 2012. Way before the reunion or any preliminary plans were put into motion.

So I did have my dates confused 

38 minutes ago, Original said:

Why can't Axl (or Slash or Duff) do a normal interview?  It's always some jacked up translated interview.  How about Rolling Stone magazine or whatever happened to Trunk saying he was gonna interview Axl or one of the 3?  Kurt Loder around still?  Stern? 

Maybe is more for cortesy for a country they will make for first time a show.