Axl Rose interview released tomorrow (Edit: full interview)

6 hours ago, donny said:

so what exactly do we know now that we didn't know 14 hours ago ? 

Well I didn't know Wichita Lineman was so special for him. It was clear he really like the song. But now it seems that song means the world to him :shrugs:

36 minutes ago, ironmt said:

So why exactly does a band spend hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars to create an album again? Do they create the album out of the goodness of their hearts or do they just not have anything better to do?

Let me rephrase - Why do you think musicians make music? Just to make money?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Padme said:

Well I didn't know Wichita Lineman was so special for him. It was clear he really like the song. But now it seems that song means the world to him :shrugs:

so far we have had 3 great revelations from this-

1. he is a bjorn fan

2. he likes the song wichita lineman

3. he/the band have penetrated iceland 

12 minutes ago, donny said:

so far we have had 3 great revelations from this-

1. he is a bjorn fan

2. he likes the song wichita lineman

3. he/the band have penetrated iceland 

Like the song? That's understatement. Wichita Lineman penetrated him

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Padme said:

Like the song? That's understatement. Wichita Lineman penetrated him

i thought the penetration referred to the icelandic people getting sodomised over the price of the locked n loaded box 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Let me rephrase - Why do you think musicians make music? Just to make money?

It Is absolutely all about the money when you reach the stage that Guns N Roses are on. When you are spending probably somewhere around 1 million per show and have 100+ people on the payroll, you better be bringing In the money. If people who claimed to be fans of the band would actually go out and purchase a physical copy of an album instead of feeling entitled to it and stealing it off of the Internet  than I am sure that bands would feel a little bit better about releasing new material. Would you spend 2-3 years and hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars creating something in your garage to give It away just because you loved creating It? I don't know many people that are in that financial position or who are that kind. Is being a musician on the level that Guns N Roses are on, a job? Do you have a job? If so, do you go to work because you love it or is the motivating factor money?

• Like 2

Just now, ©GnrPersia said:

Interview is already done my friend.

Damn probably didn't read it sometimes I don't read every post.

Thanks. I will check it out.

1 hour ago, sl4yer said:

The question about did he knows about Iceland existence is fucking dumb

OMG I'm sure Axl learned about Iceland in history like everyone else. lol

I mean come on.

4 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

I guess there's no proper interviews cause they have nothing to say. You don't want to do an interview for Rolling Stones without anything to talk about. People are already angry about this random interview for some Icelandic paper cause Axl didn't say anything. Imagine him doing an interview for Rolling Stones and giving boring answers like, we haven't really been working on music, we don't really have plans for future touring at the moment etc... Imagine the outrage.

There will be interviews when they have some news.

Nothing to talk about...The fact Slash and Axl are on a stage is still a miracle and Rolling Stone and any big magazine would put them on the front cover in a heartbeat just have the exclusive on what went down and why they're back...No questions. No new music or future would even need to be discussed

46 minutes ago, ironmt said:

It Is absolutely all about the money when you reach the stage that Guns N Roses are on. When you are spending probably somewhere around 1 million per show and have 100+ people on the payroll, you better be bringing In the money. If people who claimed to be fans of the band would actually go out and purchase a physical copy of an album instead of feeling entitled to it and stealing it off of the Internet  than I am sure that bands would feel a little bit better about releasing new material. Would you spend 2-3 years and hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars creating something in your garage to give It away just because you loved creating It? I don't know many people that are in that financial position or who are that kind. Is being a musician on the level that Guns N Roses are on, a job? Do you have a job? If so, do you go to work because you love it or is the motivating factor money?

Ugh. Stop making excuses for Axl. GNR aren’t the only musical act who have 100+ people on the payroll and bring in huge sums of money per show. There are plenty of artists and bands on a similar level to Guns, who manage to put out new albums every couple of years.

Axl simply doesn’t want to.

Perhaps CD made him realise that he can’t do it on his own, and musically, he has little in common with Slash these days, aside from their shared history. So it seems Axl feels he has nothing left to offer, hence the endless touring.

I suspect the only reason we got a reunion was because he couldn’t continue touring with NuGuns without releasing a new record. Whereas he knew if he called Slash, he could tour and never have to release another record for the rest of his life.

Also would it be typical of Axl to give a little interview right at the (popular opinion) end of the tour...Or is this just the half way point.
I know what my opinion is. This was a testing the waters interview, I believe a few more will come in the next 12-18 months as 

the tour comes for another swing.
Like it or lump it.

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

Ugh. Stop making excuses for Axl. GNR aren’t the only musical act who have 100+ people on the payroll and bring in huge sums of money per show. There are plenty of artists and bands on a similar level to Guns, who manage to put out new albums every couple of years.

Axl simply doesn’t want to.

Perhaps CD made him realise that he can’t do it on his own, and musically, he has little in common with Slash these days, aside from their shared history. So it seems Axl feels he has nothing left to offer, hence the endless touring.

I suspect the only reason we got a reunion was because he couldn’t continue touring with NuGuns without releasing a new record. Whereas he knew if he called Slash, he could tour and never have to release another record for the rest of his life.

Absolute nonsense In regards to your assumption regarding the reunion. The band was touring successfully long before reconciliation was considered. They were  touring Chinese Democracy 8 years before the album was even released with one original member. In other words the bands touring success was based on albums that were released 17-21 years prior, so how exactly did releasing a new album(Chinese Democracy) elevate the band or benefit them In anyway?  Even If Axl didn't want to release an album at this point, so what. That Is his choice and he Is doing quite well financially on this "endless tour" just as he was for the 20+ years before Slash and Duffs return.

If you aren't satisfied with the endless touring and refusal to release new material, it would be best for you to move on and find another band because It can't come as a shock or surprise to you that nothing has been or will be released anytime soon. The bands history is telling in terms of releasing new material and I don't think that a few unhappy fans on a message board are likely to suddenly change Axl's outlook.  Maybe check out Metallica, they seem right up your alley. 

1 hour ago, ironmt said:

Absolute nonsense In regards to your assumption regarding the reunion. The band was touring successfully long before reconciliation was considered. They were  touring Chinese Democracy 8 years before the album was even released with one original member. In other words the bands touring success was based on albums that were released 17-21 years prior, so how exactly did releasing a new album(Chinese Democracy) elevate the band or benefit them In anyway?  Even If Axl didn't want to release an album at this point, so what. That Is his choice and he Is doing quite well financially on this "endless tour" just as he was for the 20+ years before Slash and Duffs return.

If you aren't satisfied with the endless touring and refusal to release new material, it would be best for you to move on and find another band because It can't come as a shock or surprise to you that nothing has been or will be released anytime soon. The bands history is telling in terms of releasing new material and I don't think that a few unhappy fans on a message board are likely to suddenly change Axl's outlook.  Maybe check out Metallica, they seem right up your alley. 

But its a little different when you have Slash back on the band. NITL is so successful just because of him, a new album featuring Slash would probably do wonders in the current music industry. You see, we have SOYL on the charts. Plus it would be an excuse to a new tour, a new kind of promotion and they wouldn't be stale to NITL, that is currently slowing down on the sales.

1 minute ago, default_ said:

But its a little different when you have Slash back on the band. NITL is so successful just because of him, a new album featuring Slash would probably do wonders in the current music industry. You see, we have SOYL on the charts. Plus it would be an excuse to a new tour, a new kind of promotion and they wouldn't be stale to NITL, that is currently slowing down on the sales.

You are right, Slash Is a major attribute In terms of the success of the NITL Tour. I would love to think that a new release(If one should ever take place) would be extremely successful, but In today's society that Is debatable. People just flat out refuse to support the music by purchasing an album and find it easier to just steal it.  Let's hope for a new release but not expect one anytime soon. If we don't get it than we at least have the previously released materiel. What are your opinions on Shadow Of Your Love and Move To The City?

I really don't want the next official Guns N' Roses release to be 'Use Your Illusion: Locked N' Loaded Edition' in 2021.

I like the lineup of this band, and I think guys like Fortus and Ferrer, who probably didn't make much money from Chinese Democracy, deserve an opportunity to earn substantially more with a new record. Having Slash and Duff back playing on a new Guns record almost guarantees triple the sales of Chinese Democracy.

• Like 1

I must be in the minority of fans now who don’t even give a shit whether they release new music??

its obvious it’s not on Axl’s priority list, so why should it be on mine? 

Slash and duff are still motivated to release music, the other 3 don’t really matter in my eyes, that leaves Axl as the one who’s holding it up. Let’s just say this... if Axl woke up today and said, gee, “i feel like releasing new music, I’ll ring the boys up” it’s fair to say, new music would be worked on. 

So let’s not kid ourselves, it’s axl who doesn’t give a shit, and if he doesn’t give a shit why should we?

theres a very good chance this is done and there will never be a new album, the sooner people accept this, the less angry they will be when interviews like this happen and they don’t get what they want. 

This is the TB show now! If you want a release... maybe try watching for the next t shirt release, or belt buckle or bandanner... or $1000 box set!!! 

It is what it is! 

Edited by Tadsy

7 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Anyone who knows this band shouldn't have expected any important information to come out of this interview. The people who got their hopes up and are now upset did this to themselves. 

On the one hand, this is true. But at least most of his old interviews were interesting, if nothing else... the 2011 interviews and China Exchange had some good bits, but this interview was more like the Jimmy Kimmel 2012 one. <_<

4 hours ago, Axl4ever7 said:

I think Slash recorded guitar parts on the next Chinese Democracy CD. Instead of starting from scratch Axl should just release the next Chinese Democracy CD with Slash.

This!

How hard could it be to pick 8-9 songs, have Slash and Duff re-do some parts, do studio versions of The Seeker and Wichita Lineman and there's a GNR album.