Axl Rose interview released tomorrow (Edit: full interview)

if there is anything at all remotely interesting to say about the next 2 years such as the tour will continue, a new guns album or a new ACDC album an icelandic newspaper will not be the first to hear about it.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, donny said:

if there is anything at all remotely interesting to say about the next 2 years such as the tour will continue, a new guns album or a new ACDC album an icelandic newspaper will not be the first to hear about it.

Yep. This will be a 2 minute fluff piece about Iceland, the concert's historical nature (first for Guns in Iceland, and the country's largest concert), some details about the tour, and maybe a little bit extra about future dates already planned out for the rest of the year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Yep. This will be a 2 minute fluff piece about Iceland, the concert's historical nature (first for Guns in Iceland, and the country's largest concert), some details about the tour, and maybe a little bit extra about future dates already planned out for the rest of the year.

What's wrong with that? It's cool that Axl is doing interviews aynway.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

Here is the rest:

https://www.frettabladid.is/lifid/guns-nroses-leggja-allt-undir-fyrir-adaendurna

I used Google translate, so forgive me

at least they asked:

It's safe to say that both your fans and the industry have made your return to the Not in This Lifetime Tournament immensely successful. Has this enabled you to come up with new content in the near future?

"Accurate now, we only concentrate on the tour and the next concert but the atmosphere is good and it's been a good thing that it's never known."

Is there any specific song on your program that is in a special favorite of you and always kicks you in the field when you play it in the field?

"I'm not sure" kissing us in the field "is the right wording, but at the moment I'm singing to Wichita Lineman," says Axl, but the band has taken his version of this famous song, Glens Campbell, who died last year. , during their tour of this tour. "The currents from this song are so keen, especially after Glen dropped off and reminded me of the sound of our version very much on the old Guns song."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, donny said:

Well... In 2015 we got confirmation that Slash and Axl were speaking from a Swedish TV interview, so anything is possible.

Very unlikely though.

9 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

Well... In 2015 we got confirmation that Slash and Axl were speaking from a Swedish TV interview, so anything is possible.

Very unlikely though.

Sweden's population is 30 times bigger than the Icelandic. It's kind of like comparing the likelihood of something interesting from a Swedish newspaper to a Brazilian one. 

Wow, so many critics, especially considering the interview is not even out yet! 
Personally, I cannot remember an Axl interview that wouldn’t bring at least some interesting information. Even if it’s trivia like on the Kimmel show, I would still appreciate it as a fan. Yes, not expecting any new album info, but still... I mean, come on. He doesn’t do that many interviews, does he. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Here is the rest:

https://www.frettabladid.is/lifid/guns-nroses-leggja-allt-undir-fyrir-adaendurna

at least they asked:

Thanks, Is this from the interview we are waiting for? If so, then that's shite. No new music is all we need to know, the rest will be balls.

Edited by Sonicjam

3 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Here is the rest:

at least they asked:

Thank you.

From what I can make out from the translation:

- They haven't worked on new music and they've been focusing on the tour only, but the atmosphere is very good (so everything is open for the future, I guess).

- They all support each other's individual projects (?)

- Each one of them have their own way to be able to tour for so long and play so long shows.

- His favourite song to sing right now is Wichita Lineman and the arrangement they've come up with (or the process of coming up with it) reminds him of old GnR songs.

- He's a big Bjork fan.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Iceland is the finale of their long-term music event, Not in This Lifetime, which began in March 2016.

Yeah, I got pit tickets for the concert this November, dubbed as NITL still.

Yeah, I think the Icelandic media and promoters are just misunderstanding the last show of a leg as the last show of the tour.